Civilization 5

Should this be a thing

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I was reading the favorite video games thread and saw a lot of people like playing Civ 5. So I was wondering if we could do an Automation multiplayer game, although it might be hard with everyone in different time zones. Do anyone else think this would be fun, or it’s it just me?

To get around the timezones we could do a Pitboss mode game over a long time, that could work.

I uh… I only have the base game… no DLC… so…

I might actually buy the game just so I can join in because this sounds like a great idea. I just have one question though, does the game run well on a laptop with integrated graphics? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, if I do join in, I will have no idea what I’m doing.

We’d probably have to play without DLC so anyone could play, not just people who spent a lot of money or wait for a sale

[quote=“pleb”]I might actually buy the game just so I can join in because this sounds like a great idea. I just have one question though, does the game run well on a laptop with integrated graphics? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, if I do join in, I will have no idea what I’m doing.[/quote]

Be warned, it is rather expensive, about $90 US for all the DLC, about 30 without it, but it makes it a lot more fun (especially the new nations)
You might want to turn down the graphics, and it might get a bit leggy with lots of opponents and city states
If you do pick it up, you’ll probably be on par with me :laughing:

It’ll get laggy by the end anyways! My Crysis capable laptop has trouble at times… mostly with overheating. @_@

I really would like to play a game with you.
I have all the expansion and the civ DLC. I don’t have the extra maps.