Community Question: Pre-order bonuses/loot?

Here are my thought on the various preorder bonuses ideas.

In-game stuff: Well this one I have mixed feelings about but it depends on how it implemented. Extra in-game stuff in the Demo is not a bad idea, but getting in-game stuff in the final game is a negative trend that have hit the game industry lately. If it’s in-game stuff that’s not possible for the non-preorders to get or that they will have to pay for it is respectively a very bad and bad idea imho. If it’s something that’s normally unlocked during the game, that you get early (in a vehicle sandbox type, not when you are running a company that would be cheating) I would not have a problem with it but of course it’s also have less value since you get it any way, you just have to spend some time for it.

A poster Sure why not.

Automation T-shirt: sure why not. :wink:

The right to name a AI company. good idea maybe hold some sort of contest, although personally I don’t care much for naming stuff but clearly others do.

The right to created AI company and lineup. Well I would hope that the AI company are dynamic and not static, because if they are static sooner or later you will learn what you make and when they launch their new cars, which would make the game a lot less fun in my opinion. If the AI will be static if will need as many as possible to limit the previously mentioned problems so in that case its probably a good thing and it would save the devs some time(this is not a excuse for you to make AI static :stuck_out_tongue: ). And I don’t think Beta access should be purchasable(yes that’s easy for me to say).

The game being cheap when preordered: speaking as a Sønderjyde (only the Danes will get this) that’s clearly the best idea here and by some margin :wink:

I’d add “How to create a car, which is not KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-ish” pdf to special edition.

I’d like a T-Shirt showing a broken engine or axle or something else that looks cool when it’s broken and a nice sort of “try it again” with small letter “automationgame” uder it.

Or something like that :slight_smile:

Can I preorder now?

Heh, I like that, if we can do some humorous designs for a shirt that’d be awesome.

And pre-order stuff is in the works :slight_smile:

I can see anything non-digital getting rather expensive. We’re from all around the world so shipping costs can add up quickly. I’d rather see these funds going to the devs for their great work on this :slight_smile:

Maybe some soft of game guide included with preorderes which would be an optional pruchase otherwise? Something with more in depth information on running a successful company and how to design cars for different purposes?

It should be some digital content,as u can’t ship physical things to players in other countries.(or at least it’s harder)

I’m not sure about T-Shirts : it could be difficult to make ones that fit on the customers…
It would be better as a store item I think.

But I’d like some Automation goodies. Maybe a sticker ? My computer couldn’t have enough… :smiley:
Maybe in-game things like special fictionnal materials (lighter, cheaper and stronger than anything else ?), or just the possibility to have free add-ons and patches before everyone else ?

What about a little book or a bonus DVD with extra things like development screenshots, videos and pictures ? Or maybe cheaper add-ons ? (just a little bit, we don’t want you to go bankrupt :slight_smile:)

I don’t think about anything else for now…

Maybe some paper cars, like those: carmageddon.com/media/papercars

Maybe you could have a special addition that would get the game 3 days/a week early and pre orders could get it a day/3 days early…

This would also have the added benefit of reducing demand on the servers being a digital release and having less people downloading it all at once. Although I would get the special addition even if the only thing I got was early access…

beta access would be good

I would like a shirt or poster but the cost for postage would not be good for you guys… If the SE copy was $10 extra you could get a $10 coupon to use in a store (if you are going to have one that is)…

I cant think of anything else at the moment hope I had some good ideas…

how about just things like additional engines (ie. cizeta had a v16 engine rolls Royce made one for the phantom ) / brakes / car types (like three wheelers) /suspension / turbo’s (quad turbo , twin supercharged one super two turbo ) but i suppose all this would take to long

A it would take too long, B it would be sucky to force people to preorder to get that stuff

yeah i suppose your right

i guess things like t-shirts and naming companies are the best ideas that said call of duty special editions are ofering the new dlc for free and you even got key chains with them mabey just offer the smallest dlc (if you make) one free , and the t-shirt idea or other branded goods like key chains , bags , or one old those small six pound (10 doller) rc cars

additional engines may take to long but how about painted engine blocks or things like that (if not planned for the standard version). I love the CJ7s with the red engine block :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m a first time poster - but someone who’s been keeping an eye on the forums and progress with a great deal of interest.

Personally I don’t think that any bonus should be a physical item such as a t-shirt, or key ring, poster etc. When I have had these in the past they get used for a very small amount of time, and then discarded anyway. Plus with many of us posting on the forums being spread across the world, postage costs would be prohibitive.

I personally aren’t interested in any extra bonus. It’s not going to sway my decision to buy the software or not - I’ve already made up my mind to buy it.
The only incentive I see for pre-ordering is to give you guys extra capital to help you speed up the release date.

The biggest bonus I could have is knowing that someone is finally going to be releasing a car manufacturing game having spent years trawling through the net trying to find one!

your right i mean personally i don’t care about the pre order bonus as long as the pre orders got the game about 3 days early i would get it and i would like the security in knowing i was getting it rather then fearing the sever would overload and you wouldn’t be able to get it and would have to wait longer

I can’t believe I didn’t think of that, it’s brilliant. having a bonus of downloading early would be great! No extra expense in terms of shipping, no unfair extras for those that don’t preorder, and what could be better than getting to play this great game? :slight_smile: Good thinking!

Nahh, guys, that might be seen as misusing preordering people as beta-testers… that “bonus” can back-fire. :confused:

A time period as sort as 3 days wouldn’t be anything near a beta time. Several commercial games (in the US) have also given early release on preorders. One was even a full week early :smiley:

I said it too, maybe could the preorderers have the game ans it’s hypothetic extentions earlier.
I like bonuses too, but there’s the piracy problem : some preorderers may release their special DLC on megaupload or else.
In fact, I like it when I did not preorder it ( :blush: ), but I think this game really deserves people preordering it.