CSC 60 - A New Generation (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!)

2024 TIO Eagle Ultralight

The brand-new 2024 Eagle Ultralight, an ultra-modern take on the classic GT shape, with class-beating performance to match its looks.

11 Likes
16 Likes

A modern interpretation of the classic Eagle shape. Designed for the modern buyer while being engineered with driving performance and joy in mind.

Images

Great Lakes Design 2023
17 Likes

Here’s my submission for the CSC, the 2024 TIO/Magnum Eagle.

17 Likes

TIO EAGLE BY FUKORAMI DESIGN

26 Likes

TIO Eagle by EMAS Design

23 Likes

SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOOOOOSED!!!

Prepare to be grilled

13 Likes

Can you give us an update on the reviews?

3 Likes

Sure, they’re underway and I have all of the standings written out and finished. It’s just the reviews which I’m still in the process of writing.

I haven’t been too focused on them and I’m sorry everyone has been waiting for so long

7 Likes

Can we get an update on the reviews? It’s been almost 3 weeks since the entries closed and almost a week since the last update

Okay I’m gonna be honest. I haven’t been able to work on reviews much at all. I’ve been really busy with other things right now, both in and outside of this game so it’s been difficult to find time when I can. I think I can say reviews are close, but I’m not sure. So I’ll tell you now that I am gonna dedicate more time to getting these in and try and finish them ASAP

6 Likes

Small update. Im doing the finishing touches on the writing and also need to take pictures. Expect it to be out in the next day or two if all goes well.

12 Likes

Great to hear!

2 Likes

Judging Round 1/1

TIO Automotive HQ, Department of Design. November 2023.

The snow set in as the 3 Top Ranking execs sat in the TIO design office. They had their hot chocolate and were ready to inspect some designs. Only 5 of the cars they saw could be a candidate for the eagle, so they would be choosing wisely.

Inspection

Inspection

Car 1. Westono House of Automotive Design TIO Eagle. By @Westono

They opened opened one of the 14 folders on the table, this one labeled “Westono” to find a long and sleek sports car, just how they had wanted. They looked through the many photos which were included and came to the conclusion that this car was good enough to be considered as a valid design for the Eagle. They marked the folder with a green checkmark and moved on.

Verdict:

Moves on to the Finals!

Car 2. The 2024 TIO/Magnum Eagle. By @MountainGoat_96

They opened the Magnum file to see a very brightly coloured car with some unique design choices. They looked through all the photos. They thought the front was great, as well as the sides, with a beautiful side profile and great details. But as they hit the rear it all went down the drain. Way too much was happening. With the random vents and odd rear window… thing? They looked at the interior as well, and even though they wouldn’t be judging it, they thought the abundance of screens looked quite odd. After some consideration they decided it would not pass on to be the TIO Eagle. They marked the folder with a small X and moved on.

Verdict

Death by multibillion dollar space lazer

Car 3. TIO Eagle by EMAS Design. By @kookie

Next, they opened the “EMAS” folder and saw a handsome looking supercar, with concept proportions and Tire lettering. They were already liking this car. They had seen the front and were greeted by a grille so big that Your Mom could easily climb inside. As well as a very nice looking headlight setup and some cool stripes on the hood. The rear was nice, with good looking taillights and a center exhaust.

Overall it was a good design which they accepted into “the finals” as they began to call it. They gave it a check and moved onto the next.

Verdict:

Accepted into the finals!

Car 4. 2023 Tio Eagle. by @Guerra

They searched for another car file and found one titled “Guerra” they opened it and were spooked by a French looking sports car, similarly shaped to a baguette. The features were nice, and the car looked good. But they felt that it didn’t have Tio’s design language. They looked at it for a few more minutes then collectively decided to decline it, Marked the X, and sent it off.

Verdict:

Viva la revolution!

Car 5. TIO EAGLE BY FUKORAMI DESIGN. By @Urke101

The Executives now found the next folder in line, labeled “Fukorami”. They examined the photos and saw a car which looked like a paper sketch which had been brought into the real world. It looked great, with the long lights, sweeping profile, and the large angry grille, but too much like a concept car for their liking. They looked at it for a while, examining all of its features before marking the X and deciding that it wasn’t quite good enough for the finals.

Verdict:

Death by eraser

Car 6. 2023 TIO EAGLE CONCEPT. By @KSIolajidebt
They opened the next file, called “Yeezy”, surprised that Ye himself had made a design. It was an attractive looking car, with a sweeping side profile. They thought the headlights were slightly long, but it still looked good. Although the rear was quite the shock with its large rear diffuser and Huge rear ventilation. As much as they liked this car, it wouldn’t be making the finals.

Verdict:

Whoppenheimered

Car 7. 2023 TIO Eagle Design proposal. By azkaalfafa

Next they checked out the “azkaa” folder. The various execs looked through this file, as they examined it they were surprised in how close it looked to the 5th generation. It felt just like a newer Eagle. They loved the sides, the way the vent was done. The tailights looked great and how the rear end was changed just fit with the rest of it immaculately. The front was very much the same apart from the new, bigger grille. Which is very in your face. Despite that, they took this into the finals.

Verdict:

To the finals!

Car 8. TIO Eagle Urban Touring coupe. By @OT_motive

The Execs looked through the Urban Tourings File. Exclaiming that it felt more like a rally car than a luxury GT sports car. They appreciated the view of what was under the hood, but felt it just strayed too far away from what the Eagle has always been, with its plastic piano black arches, more blocky design language, and bodycolor diffuser bottom, the car more resembled a crossover than anything. Although they did like the look of the taillights, and how they had designed the sides with the large side indentation. It wasn’t enough, and the executives collectively decided that this would not be making it to the end.

Verdict:

Forced to be crushed by large rock

Car 9. 2023 TIO Eagle Ultralight. By @the_chowi

Next, They opened the file “Ultralight” to find something which looked like the 5th Gen if it were put in a different font. They looked through the photos and thought it felt like it hadn’t been modernized, but instead just changed and kept in the same year range. Although they liked how the sides were shaped and the infinity tailights. The executives new that sadly these weren’t enough to get it into the finals.

Verdict:

Dive Bombed by a 2006 TIO Aeronautics T56 Thundercracker

Car 10. TIO Eagle by Propeller. By @MikonP

The 3 Execs opened the file labeled ‘Propeller” to find a car which didn’t look like an Eagle at all. It was a whole new design, barely incorporating the original looks of the car. Although they liked the front, even if it wasn’t like an eagle, they also thought the active aero and side vents were quite the cool choices. But again, it wasn’t an Eagle. So after some more looking around and examination, they shortly declined it.

Verdict:

Extremely big explosion

Car 11: 2023 TIO Eagle. By Be_gone_thot

The next car was quite the looker, resembling the car from before if it had the Eagles design ques. They really liked the headlight bar and rear diffuser. Although the sides are very flat, which very much hampered the executives’ liking of it. They looked it over a few times and had the dilemma of deciding if it was a good enough contender. After some long thought out time, they decided that it just wasn’t quite at the point to be considered into the finals. So it was unfortunately declined.

Verdict:

Smaller explosion, with a sunset in the background

Car 12. The 2024 TIO Eagle Moretelli Automotive Design House

The executives were now down to the last 3, and they first chose the Moretelli. It was a very clean looking car, they liked the headlight setup, and how the side vent had been designed, similar to the last gen but more modern feeling. As well as how the taillights fit into the design. As they kept looking it over they knew this car was destined for the finals.

Verdict:

Off to the finals.

Car 13. 2023 TIO Eagle Regent. By @Reeve509

The executives then moved onto the second last car, the Regent. It was quite the surprise when they saw it. It was a chunkier looking car. With small LED headlights which the judges were mixed on. Although the most surprising part was the full list of specs Regent had supplied. After this confusion they continued examining the car and determined that it just wasn’t good enough for the finals, as it felt too simple and not close enough to the original eagle.

Verdict:

Sent to BIN NOT CONSIDERED HELL

Car 14. TIO Eagle Carrozzeria Stilistica. By @Randomtuner

The Final car was another attractive looking sports coupe. The Execs enjoyed the look, with the unique headlights and taillights, cool bodymolding quirks, and other intricacies. This car was certainly the last finalist.

Verdict:

The last Finalist

-Finals-

The executives slowly made their way through the finalists, first marking off the EMAS design and the Carrozzeria. The EMAS design was first to go out. Due to the fact it had very different proportions from the gen 5 Eagle, the Carrozzeria was out due to the fact it seemed too tame in certain areas, and sadly just couldn’t hold up to the rest. They both have great and solid designs, but they were just pushed off to focus on the top three.

The one they deemed 3rd was the Westono proposal. It was a great design, looking good overall and feeling very consistent. But it was thrown out in favor of the next two.

The final two designs were the Moretelli and the Azkaa . The Executives were split in half. With the final one of the 3 having the final say in the decision. On one hand the Azkaa felt like a more aggressive 5th gen, with newer features and a very similar design to the outgoing version. Whereas the Moretelli was a whole new design. Fully modernized and set to change TIO’s design language to be more modern. The final executive was torn. But finally after hours of consideration, he chose the Moretelli. As to them, the Moretelli was the perfect modernization. Keeping it the same, but just making it ultra modern and stepping the design up a notch.

Verdict:

The Moretelli Wins!

Standings

Standings

-Finalists-

1st. Iivansmith (The 2024 TIO Eagle Moretelli Automotive).

Captures everything I wanted for the winner of this challenge. Modernizes the original design as well as reimagines it in a way close to the original. Not to mention the pure detail which went into it. Everything is custom and makes this car look unbelievably high quality. It definitely deserves the win. I love the way that the headlights were done. This car just oozes quality and I adore it.

2nd. azkaalfafa (The 2023 TIO Eagle Kotatsu).

An insanely close second. This could’ve easily won as well but I feel the Moretelli captures the idea slightly better. This car is Amazing quality and feels like a new TIO Eagle, keeping the old one close in mind. It’s a very aggressive looking car and looks like it’s ready to completely tear up the streets. My favorite part of this design is most definitely the rear end, the taillights look great and I love how this car looks. I may use this for something, possibly lore-in this car as a special edition… who knows?

3rd, Westono (Westono House of Automotive Design)

This is another very high quality design which surprisingly uses the Aston Martin body, which was something I didn’t expect to see at all. And partly due to that odd choice, This is an extremely good looking car. I can definitely see it being the design for the 6th gen Eagle. Even with its differences. (Iconic)

4th. randomtuner (TIO Eagle By Carrozzeria Stilistica).

A unique looking car, with some cool design choices, like the molding throughout the fenders and the way the lights were designed. It’s certainly an Eagle, But to me it feels too tame. Like a concept sketch made into a real car with minimal changes. This makes it miss out on that 3rd place spot

5th. Kookie (TIO Eagle by EMAS Design).

A great design, It’s very concept-like and it feels very high quality. Keeps the TIO Eagle design language in a different package. I love all of the intricate details and ways you created the vents. It’s a great entry but it’s just held back by being too much like a concept car. The proportions feel very squished from the top down with that slim design, and the tire letters are a bit much. But this is a definitely a design fitting of a finalist

-Not Considered-

6th. Be_gone_thot (2023 TIO Eagle)

Lots of entries on this body, and I feel that this is one of my favorites. I love the lightbar and how you did the rear. Although it’s missing dual taillights and has proportions too close to that of a concept car. The overall design is really solid and I feel like it just barely missed out on being one of the Top 5 Finalists.

7th. Urke101 (TIO Eagle by Fukorami design)

This one is another extremely concept-like design, but again, it feels too concept-like. It just doesn’t fit the Eagle. Although it’s still a good looking car. There are some issues with the execution too, as the taillights feel very slapped on. Overall it’s just missed out on the finals

8th. The-Chowi (2024 TIO Eagle Ultralight)

A more production-esque entry, This car incorporates all that’s needed in the eagle. But the execution needs work. The tailights are too small and the rear extends down too long, It also has a very flat front and weird vertical arches. Overall this is still a good entry, but it just feels disproportionate and falls in the uncanny valley.

9th. OT-Motive (TIO Eagle V12 Urban Touring Coupe)

A very cool looking car, but just doesn’t feel like an Eagle to me. The rear is nice, apart from one small issue I have with it. The small bodycolor section under the diffuser is odd, and seems out of place. There’s also the black arches which make it feel more akin to a WRX than an Aston Martin. But the front is where it really falls apart for me. It strays way too far with the headlight shape, although I like how you kept the small vent right above them.

Ps: Extra credit for the engine bay

10th. KSIolajidebt (2023 TIO Eagle Concept).

This is a Very Epic entry, with certain elements which I really like. The main one being the side profile. It feels smooth and flows very nicely. Although it falls apart in the rear and front, where the headlights are too long and feel disproportionate to the small grille. In the rear it feels odd due to the huge rear vents and diffuser, which just don’t feel like they fit the car. This car is just too far from the gen 5 car and won’t serve as a new generation. The overall design is good as well but It has its issues.

11th. MountainGoat (2024 TIO/Magnum Eagle.)

A solid design, but this car is quite the odd one, It doesn’t feel like an eagle. I appreciate the details but it’s just too much in some areas. The front is very nice and feels very fleshed out, and same with the sides. But the rear is very complex and feels very fixture puke-y. I feel it could’ve been much better, if it were just fleshed out more.

12th. Guerra (2023 TIO Eagle).

A good quality design. Everything looks custom and has immense detail, I love the side profile and Haunches. But it’s not an Eagle. The design traits I specified are there but it implements them in a very unique way that makes this feel like a whole new car. The overall style feels very French and removes all of TIO’s design language. Which is the main thing that makes this feel so off.

13th. Mikonp (TIO Eagle by Propeller).

Another car on the Mazda Vision body. Very cool looking, featuring that rear wing, and the huge rear vents. But again, it’s not Eagle enough. It barely has the design traits I specified. Overall it’s cool. But feels like the brief wasn’t read till after the car was 99% finished.

14th. Reeve509 (2024 TIO Eagle Regent)

The only entry on the Polestar body. Which was a body which I feel should’ve been used more. Although this car just isn’t up to snuff. There are elements I do like such as the Headlights, main front grille, and rear diffuser, but the car feels too flat, mainly on the front end. The engineering specs are cool, but don’t affect your score. As they were not specified to be judged. Overall this is an alright entry, just had a good idea with poor execution.

Special Thanks

Thank you to everyone who joined. I know the judging was late but i hope it had been worth it.

13 Likes

GG’s everyone, was such a fun challenge to build for!

6 Likes

very fun round, GGs

3 Likes

GGs indeed! Also thanks for hosting this challenge, I enjoyed looking at everyone’s take on the next generation for the Eagle.

3 Likes

Elloo,

Sorry I’m new to this whole challenge thing.

I am handing down the honours of hosting the next CSC as i am not capable of hosting lmaooo

Cheers.

5 Likes

I have to pass this down as well. With the absolute headache that is my current IRL schedule, I think hosting ARBC would be enough for me, for now.

4 Likes

If @westono is unable to host I’ll be able start the next round

3 Likes