CSC 62 : Autocrat's Automotive Dreams [RESULTS OUT!]

13 Likes

Commune People’s Car

What you get here is an aerodynamic and practical liftback design with seating for six, making this an ideal car for many configurations of passengers and cargo. The transverse FWD layout is cutting edge, economical, and alloys for a larger and more practical cabin.

Which company/companies worked on this design? It is not relevant for the people to know, as it will be built in Commune with a locally sourced powertrain.

10 Likes

Would these indicators be legal? Ignore car.

Instructions unclear impossible, vehicle detonated.

@Maxbombe are futuristic or dare I say symmetrical interiors desired? How about extremely unconventional interior designs?

4 Likes

Dear Glorious Leader, please hear my fair suggestion for the commune’s people’s car. This unique design holds to every requirement, including the asymmetry you so desire. It has 1 headlight always out with another pair behind a swing door, making for a total of 3. The doors open in different ways, the hood and trunk are unconventional, and the interior is simply marvelous.

Should the need arise, I have even given this creation a name. It shall be referred to as the Ofset Naklonennyy! All glory to the Naklonennyy and to yoy, our glorious leader!

2 Likes

It says in the rules that we are allowed to choose any texture we want for the license plates. Im assuming we can make our own custom license plates?

If you wish you can, in the limit of what would be reasonable or respecting decency of course.

These blinkers do follow the rules but if you want my opinion they do not look very practical

1 Like

Do not worry. They got sent to the gulag already.

You can design the interior however you want as long as it doesn’t look too out of place in a people’s car from 1968.

BetterDeals returns with an offer for Great Leader.

Us at BetterDeals believe in greatness of Great Leader and greatness of Democratic Republic of Commune.

We gift great leader concept for automobile of similar greatness, but such greatness does not surpass greatness of great leader.

Automobile very different from Western Pig carriage. Please view automobile below.

Great Vehicle name is BetterDeals HPD Komediya A. (Actual entry)
Very different from Western Pig carriage.
Because engine on side, many more cabin space in front. Engine easy access and fix.
Design very advance, but easy to build. Square make for simple plate welding for factory worker.
Great Leader may ask, why so many glass? Easy surveillance of citizen. Many citizen is great, but certain citizen like Western Pig. This make easier for spotting of Western Pig follower.

We call vehicle Hatch Back. Because has hatch in back.
Has 4 door total. Left door 1, Left door 2, Right door, and Hatch.
Great Vehicle seat 3 Citizen very comfortable. Has radio for listening to Great Leader and Great Radio.
Also come with luxury of speedometer so not to break rule of road. Vehicle fast, so necessary.
Because hatch back design, space for many goods. Use of seat 3 may be limit, but sufficient space for Vodka.

Vehicle has many use, and we have more concept.

This is B variant. No seat 3, but extra use for transport goods. Useful for farm.
Ensure regular citizen no get. Only trusted and great citizen can be trusted. Could speak about Western Pig in rear area.

We have one more gift for Great Leader.

This is variant M. Many use as military vehicle. On ship currently 100000 variant M sent to military base as gift.
We ask of Great Leader and Great Military to annex Curacao. We are currently govern by Western Pig, and would like rightful leader to take place.

Thank you for listen and read mail. We await annex.
CSC62_-Djadania-_BetterDeals_HPD_Komediya_A.car|attachment (111.9 KB) (Actual entry)
CSC62_-Djadania-_BetterDeals_HPD_Komediya_B.car|attachment (111.3 KB)
CSC62_-Djadania-_BetterDeals_HPD_Komediya_M.car|attachment (120.0 KB)

6 Likes

Studio Bizarro presents

The 1968 Bizarro Voyager

Currently designed with Hatch and Estate bodies, but with the potential for many more body styles, the Voyager combines a handsome exterior with rugged utility and good comfort. With engageable 4 wheel drive, Industry-first plastic safety bumpers and Daytime Running Lights, The Studio Bizarro collective seeks to leapfrog the Western car industry in innovation and quality-of-life, and bring the fruits of those innovations to the people.

Gallery

CSC62_Rise_Comics_-_DRC_Voyager_Estate.car (46.4 KB)
CSC62_Rise_Comics_-_DRC_Voyager_Hatch.car (46.4 KB)

5 Likes

^ The div above this is the first background, and the primary border. The background doesn’t move due to the “background-attachment: fixed” tag. The background loops vertically if your image is short or your device is tall enough, so this allows for patterns (see: portalkat’s AGC20)

Feel free to change the image to whatever suits your fancy.

Screenshot__260_-removebg-preview

^ The div above this is the second background, and secondary border. it also defines the text color and font family.

CAIC - 1800
Commune Automotive Industrial Concern
"The Ugly Duckling (Gadkiy Utyonok)"

Some images are edited and contain different versions of the submitted vehicle

CAIC-1800 debut at Centreville Auto Gallery

CAIC-1800 advertisement collage inspired by Trabant pop-art

Last two images reflect the actual final design submitted

25 Likes

Just a few days until the entrie period closes! If you haven't sent your car now is the time!

I’ve received the submissions from :

@OptimusAlpha
@azkaalfafa
@ArizonaCaseo
@Djadania
@Mikonp7
@Rise_Comics
@Merde

An ad was sent but I’m still waiting for the .car!
@thecarlover

7 Likes

ENTRIE CLOSED!

Results will come soon!
5 Likes

Not much point in doing this, but I wanted to share my unfinished WIP

6 Likes

Results

The prototypes were stored in a large warehouse, awaiting the start of the party's deliberations, a representative was sent to assess the quality of the prototypes.

HRT 1703

by @OptimusAlpha

(I will forgive the fact the naming convention wasn’t followed since I don’t have that many entries)

"This isn't it. The front grille looks like haphazardly cut holes and the whole design is rather flat. Inside, the steering wheel is mounted on the wrong side. I don't think our great leader would let my head rest on my shoulders for very long if I selected this one."
Commune People's car

by @thecarlover

"A simple name for a simple car. The front design looks very good, especially the proportions. The bonnet vent that goes through the windscreen and ends at the instrument cluster is a very original and clever design idea. On the other hand, the rear looks a little lacklustre, the boot window idea is interesting but doesn't work that well integrated that way in my opinion. The interior is simple but good looking."
DRC Communa by Propeller

by @Mikonp7

"This one looks promising too, good design all around. I like the way they have integrated the direction indicator both front and rear. Not sure if the bumper design works that well though. I'm a bit conflicted about the rear spare tyre window, it's a novel idea but I don't see the point. The rear doors are quite interesting, although I wonder in which direction they're supposed to open. The interior is simple and works relatively well, although the seats are a bit too high, but I like how their colour is asymmetrical, a very nice idea."
Bizarro Voyager

by @Rise_Comics

"Oof, what about these colours? A flaky dark yellow with green painted bumpers and window trim? Not sure it works well. The front design is simple but works well apart from the colour, but the rear design is very basic and uninteresting. I also wonder why each door of the car has its own key fob and why they are so far from the door seam."
HPD Komediya A by BetterDeals

by @Djadania

"This is probably the most "out there" of all the designs we have seen so far. They were asked to make it asymmetrical and they delivered. You can't get much more original and unconventional than that. Although I do regret the haphazard placement of the rear lights and the boxiness of the overall design. Putting the engine on the side is certainly original and fresh, but I wonder how the car is balanced. The interior looks terribly impractical with a weird double door, the front one looking rather useless in my opinion. There's no dashboard, so the driver has to bend over to reach the radio. All in all, a very original but rather impractical looking vehicle".
Ofset Naklonennyy

by @ArizonaCaseo

"I don't know what to make of this one, it's obvious that some thought has gone into the design, but the result looks a bit haphazard. The front looks bulky and the design elements seem to have been thrown in at random. The rear is really unattractive with its huge vertical taillights that look like stretched duck tape. The boot is terribly small and although I can see why a lateral opening at the front might be interesting, for such a short and wide boot it seems like hell to use. Even if it were conventional, it would still be the most impractical boot I've ever seen. The interior on the other hand is quite well designed and the idea of rear facing seats is quite nice and works really well with the asymmetric door opening setup. In the end, a car with a good interior that could have used a better exterior design."
Galina KV40

by @azkaalfafa

"What a polite-looking car. The front design works very well, it reminds me of a radio set, but it looks good. The rear seems to use the same design trick and it works too. The boot looks rather small and impractical though, it would have been better if it was a hatch. The interior is really well done and the colour matches the exterior, a nice touch. I don't know about the mirror placement, I think it's hard to see it when you're sitting inside. All in all I find it hard to find bad things to say about this design, this design is very good and I think our great leader would approve."
CAIC-1800

by @Merde

"Wow, this really does look like it's from the future! The front looks both simple and yet the design works so well. I really think the bi-tone on the side gives the car a premium feel and the detailing around the fuel filler cap is great. The rear looks very good too and I really like the panoramic rear window. The interior is also very well done. The design looks futuristic, good, and practical at the same time. I don't have anything to complain about it."
Once all the cars had been inspected, the representative sent his report to the Minister of Transport. The choice was made in less than a week, and the commune's people welcomed their new home-made car.
The winning car!

The CAIC-1800!

Congratulations to @Merde for their marvelous car!

I really enjoyed the creativity people showed, challenging the norms and bringing fresh new ideas. I hope more hosts will try challenging and weird rule sets like this.

Final ranking:

1. CAIC-1800 (@Merde)
  2. Galina KV40 (@azkaalfafa)
  3. HPD Komediya A by BetterDeals (@Djadania)
  4. DRC Communa by Propeller (@Mikonp7)
  5. Commune People’s car (@thecarlover)
  6. Bizarro Voyager (@Rise_Comics)
  7. Ofset Naklonennyy (@ArizonaCaseo)
  8. HRT 1703 (@OptimusAlpha)
15 Likes

What? I didn’t get bashed into the ground and finished 3rd?
Troll incomplete, HQ will self-destruct

9 Likes

This was a great comp. Hats off to you for executing it so well.

4 Likes

Knew that the KV40’s boot would be one of the (if not the) biggest drawback for it. Still, a fun scenario to work for, and GGs to the winner