CSC51 - The Q Ship

Zephorus Autos

Presents
Drachen K GTO

730hp+ 5.0L V10TT, 7 speed DCT, Ultra luxury while travelling at ultra speeds.

Top speed: 218mph
0 - 60: 3.6s
Weight: 2588kgs

Price: $120,000

6 Likes

2020 Axxus Vertex Drachen Edition

The Pinnacle of Power, Precision, and Performance

Unrivaled Safety, and Comfort

The Axxus Vertex Drachen Edition

Look no further

2 Likes

New spec in the Prancing Fox Reynard range. The GT-X.

Almost everything you get in the Reynard…but a little bit quicker.

Do the people who have submitted want to check what changes the latest update did on their cars?

Submissions will close in 24 hours

Yeah update probably screwed with my build, hope to make it

edit: Got it.

The Drachen Zwölf at your service

571HP 5.9L V12

2 Likes

About 11 hours late but submissions are now closed

IN THE BIN!!

The Drachen board of executives has met in order to review the submitted designs. These are the ones they felt didn’t fit what they were looking for.

Axxus Vertech Drachen Edition @DuceTheTruth100

Hans, was zum Gott?! This is just another company’s car, we weren’t looking for a joint venture!
(binned for not following the naming scheme).

Drachen exeQ @crwpitman1

Und what about this one, Hans? This one’s too short, passenger room is alright but the overall length is not enough!
(binned for being under the required length).

PF Reynard GT-X @Jaimz68

Mein Gott, muss das sein?! It appears this submission has combined the faults of the previous two!
(binned for being too short AND not following the required naming scheme, you didn’t even attempt to make it a Drachen).

The Drachen board of executives shall reconvene at a later date to review the rest of the submissions.

3 Likes

Final Reviews

The Drachen board has met once again to make a final choice from the final three competitors.

Drachen Fairling @Drewster564

This submission meets the board’s requirements, but the design doesn’t quite impress them, with pretty simplistic and not quite modern enough graphic elements, a lack of cohesion between the front and back of the car and mirrors that are way too square and much too small.

Mechanically, it doesn’t quite impress either. Especially when it comes to the engine, even though it has the highest power figure, it spools way too late and is very inefficient. The choice of a semi space frame architecture is baffling, as is the automated manual transmission. While it sports the highest sportiness (heh) of the bunch, it also has the lowest comfort, by quite a lot, as well as the lowest drivability. It is also the cheapest, which means there definitely was room for positive quality, to maybe get better stats.

Drachen Zwölf @Lanson

The board is pleased with this design, it manages to be modern while being simple and not too busy, and it has quite pleasing graphical elements, such as the inner design of the rear light assembly, though the taillights being just two thin circles but the brake lights being much bigger is quite weird.

On the mechanical side, stats are quite adequate, with very good drivability, decent sportiness and good comfort. Though an N/A V12 engine in the era of turbocharging is appreciated, some weird choices seem to have been made during its development, like the magnesium block, tubular headers and the huge intake manifold. The fully advanced timing gives it a not so impressive reliability score, while the lean fuel mixture also results in throttle response being pretty low.

Drachen K GTO @Riley

Design wise, this entry has impressed the board the most, though it is certainly visually louder than the rest of the submissions, it keeps within the standards set by its competition. It has great lines and graphics, with good cohesiveness and flow, and appropriate agressiveness. The body coloured parts under the headlight and taillight glass confuse them, but overall they find it the most visually pleasing.

When it comes to the mechanics, it is also quite great, even though it is the longest and heaviest, it still has the best drivablity and second-best sportiness, without sacrificing passenger comfort or safety. The engine is the second to best when it comes to power figures, without much of the woes that plague other submissions, though efficiency isn’t the greatest and the turbos are quite large, with peak torque happening quite high in the rev range, it’s not at the exagerated level of the Fairling.

Standings

After much deliberation, the board has come to a decision.
In first place, @Riley and his K GTO
In second place, @Lanson and the Zwölf
And finally, in third place, @Drewster564 with the Fairling

7 Likes

Nice, good round.

I can’t host so, @Lanson

3 Likes

Hey there, guess I finally found out what that ignition timing slider does (and I think its bugged or incorrectly tied with fuel, but nevermind). I imagine if I would have just left that thing normal, it would have probably done much better!

Re: Hosting: Yes, I can, might need a few days to spin up an idea but sure.

4 Likes