CSC65 - Snakes and stars [CLOSED]

CSC 65 Snakes and Stars

2024 Hoffsman headquarters

The year is 2019 and Hoffsman just released their trio stars, the Venom GT, Aerostar, and the LMH Black Mamba. The success of these cars has brought the company into the spotlight bringing them to the standards of companies like Ferrari, Lamborghini, and other high end brands. Following the unexpected success of their recent rebranding efforts, Hoffsman Motors is continuing the wave of new buyers and new found wealth. Excited by their newfound success, the company is setting its sights on a bold new project, from the ground up supercar to complete their line up.

Unlike previous cars, Hoffsman wants to develop this new Hyper car entirely in-house, from its engine to its chassis, every aspect of the vehicle reflects their vision and design philosophy. The main goal of this project, the commitment to Hoffsman’s established design language—a fusion of sleek lines, aggressive aesthetics, angular lines. Drawing inspiration from the company’s iconic models of the past, the goal is to craft a hyper car that is instantly recognizable as a Hoffsman, yet pushes boundaries and captures the imagination of a new generation of enthusiasts.

Hoffsman has a very unique design element that follows all of their cars, starting with the snake. All Hoffsman cars after the 2000’s have always had this snake like design implemented into the car. Our example of snake design is very angular with open space for air to pass though. Including angular headlights, sometimes a nostril, and fangs in the bumper. If this is confusing just ask me and i’ll explain it better for you, moving on to the headlights and taillights. Hoffsman takes inspiration from stars in the sky for their light shapes. The large star in the middle with smaller stars around it is the general staple of the Hoffsman design, these stars can come in many shape and sizes so whatever fits your design it all works. All of these design choices are noticeable within the COMPANY LINEUP and should give you a base on what the company wants from you

Inspirations
Company Lineup

2018 Hoffsman Venom GT

specs

8.3L V10 na (670 hp)

2020 Hoffsman Aerostar Dracosphero Straße

specs

8.5L V10TT (950 hp)

2025 Hoffsman Black mamba LMH-25

specs

LMH Specs lol

Company Designs

these are just some of the stuff the company has made before, i dont really want you to take from these cars, its just showing you how they have been doing their cars since the beginning

1982 Hoffsman Salto HSR

1982 Hoffsman Holfgang H-GT5

2005 Hoffsman Säberr

1984 Hoffsman Salto HSR EVO I

2018 Hoffsman 097

1999 Hoffsman 097

2001 Hoffsman Säberr Concept

1989 Hoffsman Jäger Evolution VI (Dakar)

Irl Inspirations

last time i did this people just took these cars in here and just copied exactly what they seen in here so ima just say this. (YOU ARE USING THE COMPANY LINE UP FOR THE MAIN DESIGN INSPRATION) take elements from these cars dont just copy please. you want your car to look like the lineup not these cars in here.

2023 Praga bohema

2015 Lamborghini Terzo Millennio

2012 Pagani Zonda R

2024 Ford GT MKIV

2024 Bugatti Bolide

2020 Apollo Project EVO

2021 Aston Martin Vulcan

2020 Mclaren Senna GTR

2020 Veloqx Fangio

2023 Mclaren Solus GT

2023 Aston Martin Valkyrie

2024 Lotus Evija X

WHAT IM LOOKING FOR

the main areas I’m aiming for is is high end performance. mainl hypercars but this could include high end supercars like the GT3RS, and lambo revuelto but the hypercars like Bugatti Chiron, Aston martin valk and all of that is the area of high performance im expecting since Hoffsman has always been looking for the highest of the highest. just look at the inspiration lol

RULES

-im not judging the engineering go wild with engine options lol (one of the cars run a 8.5L pushrod V10 lol)
-the cap is Hypercars, style wise this company is very wild and only hypercars really fit this super well.
-for the name you can be creative and do what you want, name it after a random German city, word, random guy idk whatever you want as long as its something snake like or German

Submission Guidelines
1 time submission

Naming Convention:
Car and engine model name: CSC65 - FORUM USERNAME
Car trim: Hoffsman, model of car
Engine trim: Engine model/variant

Rules are subject to change until May (10), 2024 00:00 GMT-4
Entries open May (10), 2024 00:00 GMT-4
Deadline: june (7), 2024 00:00 GMT-4

Changelog

everything i do is perfect already but i changed car inspiration and given it a more specific prompt

Previous
Steam version photos
13 Likes

The contrast between this CSC and its predecessor is stark - going from '50s land barges to modern 2020s hypercars is a big leap, to put it mildly, but I’m expecting plenty of genuinely good entries, and even a few truly great ones, from this round.

1 Like

I think it’s not entirely clear exactly what performance level you want… A high-end supercar? A hypercar? Because that affects the design quite a lot.

P.S. maybe look at Apollo supercars for complex design inspiration, and maybe Jaguar or Peugeot for animal (though not snake) design inspo

Must be road legal is not the best rule, considering the Aerostar is already one of the craziest road legal car has ever seen, would be nice if it was free, like you could design like VGT cars or render concept cars but actually exist IRL, just only not road legal

Yea so ill probably just be more specific lol, kinda all over the place rn, but yea im looking for a hypercar. high end supercars is almost there which could include like a gt3rs in styling and stuff like that but yea ill just aim for hypercar mainly

No, im not doing concept cars, road legal literally just means headlights and indicators.

Some changes has been made to the post to make the vision more clear

5 Likes

does Hoffsman have a badge?

3 Likes

Yes they do but its not needed, I normally make a custom badge with dark red and a H in the middle. if you do wanna add thats fine

3 Likes

Hoffsman Jörmungandr

Named after the Norse World Serpent, the Hoffsman Jörmungandr is the ultimate front-engined hypercar, with a twin-turbo V10 making 1200 hp, all-wheel drive and optional Avum slick tyres. It also sports an aggressive aerodynamic profile, full-carbon architecture and dynamic spool valve dampers. Its performance is record-breaking – the 100 km/h sprint is done in 1.7 seconds, and it tops out at 501 km/h.

12 Likes

ZRD

15 Likes

Ok, i‘ll give it a try. But don‘t blame me when i name my Car „Hoffsman S-Bahn“.

TOTALLY NOT A FOOTWEAR BRAND COLLAB

HOFFSMAN MOCCASIN

The Mamushi (Gloydius blomhoffii, also known as the Japanese moccasin) is a pit viper species considered as one of the most venomous snakes in Japan. Though we adapted its name into this beast of our making, the premise couldn’t be any more different.

Designed based on vehicles in comics, movies, and weekend cartoons, the Moccasin represents the childish side of our designers’ imaginations while incorporating Hoffsman’s unique design traits. The Moccasin is powered by a naturally aspirated V12 pumping 1000 horsepowers to all four wheels, paired with an 8-speed dual clutch transmission and with torque vectoring, rear wheel steering, flexible active aero, and other smart things. Its full carbon fiber construction compensates the weight of its AWD system and modern entertainment and safety features, and its funky wheel covers, camera mirrors, and active spoilers help with aerodynamics. After all, it’s made to be fun to look at, fun to be in, and fun to run with.

Gallery

by Kotatsu Design Team

12 Likes

An @iivansmith & @kookie Collaboration.

Info on the 2024 Hoffsman Reinhard.
Macau GP Press Release Photos.

Nurburgring Testing.

An @iivansmith & @kookie Collaboration.

22 Likes

That is a four-wheeled reptilian work of art right there! The base body is hardly recognizable under all those custom-made body moldings and aero fixtures, so what is it exactly? My best guess is the 10s futuristic coupe concept mod - but in any case, it gives me Aston Vulcan vibes, especially in green. And I know engineering is irrelevant, but it wouldn’t be a supercar without a high-displacement multi-cylinder engine, with or without turbochargers - a V8, V10, or V12 would be most fitting, and I bet the Reinhard has one of those under its sculpted bonnet.

1 Like

It is indeed powered by a 6.5L V10 with “hybrid assistance” lol

And its on the Emira body.

3 Likes

Getting the Emira-like mod body to work well for an FR configuration takes nerve, especially since the Emira itself is MR, but you pulled it off. Especially since it suits a lot of post-2010 sports car/supercar designs.

Snakes and Stars Review

@the-chowi

Sir chowi brings forth the 2024 Hoffsman Jörmungandr

Starting with the front end, stays true with the wild aggressive front end being very open in the front. This is alittle more on the race side with its splitter but not like I cant see this being a street legal car. Headlight shape is very sharp and flows pretty nicely with the car and the internals taking the star shape and putting them right smack in the middle of them. I really do like these headlights but I feel like this could have had more experimenting with the whole headlight assembly. The hood is really really unique with its shape and I really like the exposed engine that you got going on here.

Even though you ain’t made the greenhouse, I really like the overall shape and it is a good choice for this car.

With these sides I’m conflicted with how this is done, 1 I really like how these shoulders are made, how the hood shape flows into the side works really really well and I can see this being done on other Hoffsman cars, same with the rear fender works out really well. The one thing i’m feeling weird about is the open front fenders, i did say i wanted it to be open and this could have been a good look but something about feels slapped on idk. Overall this is a cool idea. I just think this could have been cooked longer in the oven.

Rear end is also pretty nice, im liking how you added the star taillights into this shape and the overall feel on this is good. I will say DAM that exhaust is massive lol. The brake light area is a pretty cool thing.

Overall this is a solid car and I love the ideas of this but man I wish this was cooked longer in the oven as this could have been a really solid build. Very epic

@Riley

Mr riley has given me le 2024 Hoffsman Nordstern

Let’s start with this interesting front end, first thing first this whole front end is just painted black opposed to the rest of the car being a blue color, quite an interesting idea. Ok starting with the aggressive look in the front, it doesn’t really have that mean look like the rest of them do which isn’t that much of a problem but this does have the fangs so that’s a plus. I like the idea of these headlights but I do wish they were curved in the middle like the rest of the star lights the company does. One thing I will say is that this splitter thingy is weird, it stops and the top of the bumper goes over the splitter.

Sides are pretty interesting but simple all at the same time. Half the side just like the front end is just painted black following the flow of the bumper, I have no idea the reason but its a cool idea. The rest is pretty simple and flows pretty nice and I like the small intake on the window and fender. It works really well.

This rear end tho is the star of the show :smiley:. But really this is the big highlight of the car and i really love how this rear end is looking. Starting with the lights. I really like how you only added the smaller lights on the side which give it this fade effect on the eyes. The over all shapes that you have here work really well, the exhaust location the diffuser, all of it works well. On top of all of that you boxed it up in this aero cover all around and this does its thing really well. I like the active aero you got on this

This overall is a very interesting car and def could be something i see with the hoffsman badge. Oh and last thing, these are some cool ass wheels. Very epic

@iivansmith & @kookie

ivan & kookie have here brought me the 2024 Hoffsman Reinhard

Start with this front end, wow ok this is alot going on with this that i really love. First the headlights are the star of the hoffsman design. You guys implemented this nicely into this but like most people in this challenge really should bring out the wild and go all out in shaping these but over all this is a solid look. This whole bumper is super interesting, first the design. Super angular and aggressive workout that open feel with this. To give some credit, the splitter shape is super smart usages of fixtures. Small details in this work out nice, I like the name you added to the bumper and the fangs. Fangs are always in the Hoffsman cars and this came with it as well. Even though they are the same color as the rest of the splitter, these fangs work out well for this. Oh and I’m looking deeper into this and wow I didn’t notice the faded headlights you have here, extra points for that. And inside the bumper now looking deeper, you have added brake vents inside and that is a super super nice detail given. The fenders have these vents that go nicely with the design and feels like snake skin, talking about snake skin, wowowow this has fading snake scales on the hood and this, this, this is a really cool detail that i myself tried but never knew how to do and you did the idea very well.

With this side profile and everything about this works out super well, first just the shapes. Im loving this “””american””” not to be named car feel on this side of this car and the front engine profile on this body does wonders on this design. So this whole side part is just completely open and dam this is cool. Very very open and goes into the full race feel into this. Side exhaust location works out really well too. That open vent on the side originally made me think this was a mid engine car but over all works well with this design. The flow from the hood into the greenhouse is a nice touch and really shows me you look deep into the design and work out my weird magic into your own creative build.

This rear end part is interesting, it still keeps the whole open end and works really well. As the front and sides are pretty aggressive but this rear end is alittle “soft” this will be more aggressive then any other car but comparing each side to each other its soft. Ok first the lights, all tho you tried for the star lights here. 1 this does have the shape and is nice but isnt exactly a star but it doesnt need to be so thats fine. They look like bananas lol, but wow again these have that snake skin fade effect on here and thats really cool. This over all shape works really well and im really liking how this diffuser is shaped on this. Last tid bit is this top area, first this open spot that flows into the rear works super well and using the body as this lip around works super well. And that wing tops it off super well.

Over all this is a really solid really detailed car that brings together the snake and the stars really well. Very epic. Oh and the color of the car being green with the adding knowledge that there is snake skin all over works out well. Very epic x2

@azkaalfafa

Azkaalfafa has given me le 2024 Hoffsman Moccasin

Going off with this front end, this is a very interesting front end shape, not exactly a very aggressive look compared to the rest of the line up but let’s talk about the design. Starting with these headlights, really cool and interesting idea you have going on here, i see you’re trying the star lights so that’s a plus but they dont exactly look like stars here which you don’t need front star headlights but yeah. I’m really liking this whole 2 tone style you have gone for. Hood vents are really nice and damn that splitter THICC, I like.

This side part is really nice, that fender vent that flows with the body goes hard. I like the choice of the white side here and that small detail (no step) you have there. And the top fender vent flows nice with it all. Pretty solid side part.

Now onto this rear end. Really liking this long tail shape you have gone for. The shapes on the rear part are pretty cool and this rear lights have a really solid idea here going on, i really like how it goes up and brings some uniqueness into this. One thing is just like the front lights, I can see how you are doing the stars but the 2 straight lines does not exactly give me star shapes and more of just a cross but still is a solid look. Diffuser here is solid, i do wish it when down a little more but this is still a solid diffuser. And this top part is pretty cool with all its small lines and shape, the exhaust location is pretty cool.

Over all this is a really solid car and i can see myself using elements from this really creative build. Very epic

not too many cars so ill prob post the winners same day

12 Likes

Obama

Hoffsman has decide on what should be added to the brand and shall bring forth a new age of the hoffsman brand going into 2025

4th Place

@the-chowi

so this being last doesnt mean its bad at all but this whole car doesnt feel like the aggressive and wild styling of the brand, could alot of these parts be used ina Hoffsman car. yes. but the whole package could def have been better, not to shit on your way to make your cars but i do wish you took your time with this idea because this was a cool car

3rd Place

@azkaalfafa
this car as a whole package is a solid car i can see being on the road but as a car for the Hoffsman brand it feels too tame, like the last car i can see elements on this car for the brand but the whole package isnt up to the wild style the brand wants for. but this is a solid car

2nd Place

@Riley
this is a really solid build and love alot of this car, i love parts but not the whole package. the front to side is solid but kinda feels random with this black stuff all over the car, the splitter is a odd shape and doesnt exactly feel like a Hoffsman car. but this rear tho, this def is the best in the challange and if it wasnt for the front and side this def would have been a First place car.

1st Place

@iivansmith & @kookie
and now for the first place car, this as a whole is a really solid package and i can see that you put some time into this, not that anyone else in this challange didnt put in the time but you def went over with the detail and design. the whole package from front to back feels consistent and done well. from this front end i like the idea but do wish you when more wild with the headlights since its kinda small but i do like the fade away details, the rear end is really solid but kinda doesnt have that star feel with theses lights even tho its in the shape. and the side is really solid and i dont really have anything to really say about the side. the whole challange being called snakes and stars and you have added both into this really well and with the added snake skin to this goes hard. also 0/10 exhaust doesnt connect to anything :grin:

Congrats on being next up on the Hoffsman lineup
jumping-gatito

21 Likes

GGs all round,

Thanks for the love.

Might just cook up something for CSC66.

7 Likes