CSR 129v2 - The Midnight Courier

lol I never knew the supercar market could have been so flooded back in 1988. Lots of great submissions so far!

1 Like

welcome to Automation, where the supercar market is always flooded, even when it didn’t exist

3 Likes

To be fair, I feel like I’m constantly learning about supercars I haven’t heard of outside the usual brands, and sometimes they even made more than four of them!

In the first binning round, we’re going to find out who’s getting listed on “20 most obscure super cars (that failed to sell)” in the future.

3 Likes

1986 Noel Tallahassee Stuwkracht

The year is 1986, and Noel have now been producing the Tallahassee for 11 years. It was a sales success, nevertheless, but it was about time for a replacement. An ultra high performance version was revealed called the Stuwkracht as a swan song for the supercar until its end of production in 1988. A limited run of 459 Stuwkrachts were produced and sold for the equivalent of $73,100 USD. Journalists everywhere praised it for its amazing acceleration and smooth handling, although it does tend to oversteer sometimes.

Summary
  • Chassis: Corrision Res Steel Monocoque w/ Aluminum Panels
  • Drivetrain: Mid Transverse RWD, 5 Speed Manual
  • Suspension: Independent Front and Rear Wishbones
  • Weight: 2608 lb/1179 kg (39 F/61 R)
  • Engine: S433 SKT, Tuned all aluminum DOHC 4.2 L V8
  • Output: 425 HP@7400 RPM, 310 lb-ft@6900 RPM
  • Compression: 10.1:1
  • Fuel System: N/A Multi Point EFI
  • 0-60 MPH: 4.3 Seconds
  • Top Speed: 193 MPH/ 310 KMH
  • Quarter Mile Time: 12.43 Seconds
2 Likes

1988 Tanaka X4 Street

From Group B with love…

The Tanaka X4 is a Group B rally machine and it was sucessful back in 1986. But times have change and its time for the X4 to be unleashed to the streets. All of our innovation are jam-packed to the X4, yet weighs under 1200kg. What do we have? Well, a hand-crafted 2.8 litre twin turbo V6 with Multi-Point Fuel Injection producing 360HP and 320lb-ft of torque located in the middle of the car, accompanied by an All-Wheel-Drive system, making it the deadliest combo for pure speed and agility. The low weight and high power, with high traction and controllability allows the X1 (in Street trim) to accelerate from 0-60mph in a neck-breaking 4 seconds and will continue accelerate to a hair-raising top speed of 175mph. The Tanaka X4 is the icon to die for…

Gallery

18 Likes

The 1988 Mons Valkyre. The brutalist, no nonsense, zero aesthetics, all functionality styling shows that it means business. Serious business.

3 Likes

1988 Sendo GT

a collaboration between @66mazda @Falling_Comet @Tzuyu_main and @variationofvariables

A merger between four Japanese companies, Kaizen, Yuro, Seikatsu and Suisei resulted in the birth of something never to be expected to have come out of the small group of islands in the East.

Destined to tackle the Europeans, the Sendo brand was born in 1988 with their first car, the elusive GT Coupe being launched with a powerful yet refined 6.0L V12 making over 450hp mated to an ultra smooth and responsive 4-speed torque converter automatic.

The interior was something else too, with a fully digital dashboard, fully wrapped electrically controlled leather seating, and one of the best sound insulation systems of its time are among the things combined to make one pleasant grand touring package.

Styling is contemporary and stylish, featuring hideaway headlamps and an aggressive kit with an integrated trunk spoiler to signify it isn’t all soft, as well as a sleek rear lightbar to round off its space-age looks. Side strakes on the doors were a design feature said to be done for aerodynamics, as it enhanced vehicle stability at high speed.

Prestigious 17-inch magnesium wheels with special compound tyres designed to minimize road noise were fitted onto the car’s massive brakes to ensure ultra pristine handling and comfort was available to the driver.

The car boasts a very spacious trunk, with enough space to fit at least eight fully-grown adult human skulls in the trunk, with extra space for either children’s skulls or cocaine.

36 Likes

1988 Nazzaro Tempest

14 Likes

I’ve never seen a 4-way collaboration until now, but with the Sendo GT you have delivered a real stunner - it couldn’t look and feel any more mid-to-late-80s if it tried - and it looks best silhouetted against a setting sun on Miami’s Ocean Drive.

2 Likes

1987 Rolland 400 RoadSport

by @On3CherryShake and @Chickenbiscuit

21 Likes

I am sad I might not make it to the second round but glad because this is some ridiculous levels of competition. If the sendo doesn’t beat out the rest of these supercars and sports coupes I will be surprised. That thing is a work of beauty.

2 Likes

1988 HIRASAWA 455R LONGTAIL

I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad I made this in two hours I have no time to make an ad

Ad soon?

25 Likes

Hello,

Time’s up

Also it’ll take me a bit to get the reviews up, in the meantime take a look at Jakob’s old car to see how you stack up. I will be referring to it a bit as a reference for the reviews, but the submitted cars will be judged against one another:
Tristella_-_Accipiter_350QVi.car (160.9 KB)

8 Likes

That’s a lot of entries for you to review - but I am sure that it will be worth the effort. The immense number of entries for this round (40 or so) also reflects the fact that, in real life, the supercar market was at its height in 1988, with new entrants being launched at a furious rate, until a global recession early in the following decade put the brakes on such a rapid market expansion.

1 Like

i’ve just realized that my car has rocks for seats compared to Jakob’s tristella.
Well, it was nice participating, adios

I really gotta know… just how did you achieve that gradient look in your taillights? <3

Yeah, apparently you’re not the only one.

1 Like

Oof! yeah me too, I thought my 20 comfort supermusclecoupe was going to be pretty good, RIP

2 Likes

My entry almost matches the Tristella for sportiness, and beats it for comfort, drivability and prestige - I expected nothing less from something powered by a naturally aspirated 6.0L V12.

1 Like

We might be in for quite a ride…