CSR 133 - Missing Detective Prologue [Investigation Over]

Propeller Amerika

You call it Coachbuilding, we call it tax evasion!

Body made in Germany, Chassis and drivetrain stolen from a Deer And Hunt

10 Likes
32 Likes

Welp, here’s my first try at a CSR car.

Somervell V8 Bayonet

Photo50

A true man’s car! Somervell Corporation proudly presents the 1959 Somervell V8 Bayonet, a true sports coupe. Conduct business in style with the Bayonet’s sleek hardtop and leave the competition in the wake of its chrome-adorned fins. The Bayonet features the all-new 326 cubic inch V8, a new generation of motor delivering a staggering 290 bhp SAE Gross to the all-new 4-speed transmission and propelling the coupe to 60 mph in just 8.1 seconds! The Bayonet comes with the latest and greatest AM radio, power steering, spacious trunk and deluxe individual seats. The ultimate gentleman’s driving implement, yours for $2,100. Or 16,400 Autopesos Don’t sell yourself short!

History of the Bayonet

Somervell was a luxury vehicle manufacturer that started out in 1920s Indiana and reached considerable success, but was undercut by the Depression era. It ended up taking on US Army contracts in the 1940s, and appeared to rebound heavily due to offering high-quality upper-medium level models in the 1950s. However, the truth of the matter was that Texan manufacturer Arlington Automotive (Which is supposed to be my main company) purchased a stake in Somervell and gained access to their engine technology in exchange for refilling the Louisiana coachbuilder's coffers in those trying times. Arlington did offer more than money, though: Somervell got acquainted with more precise and cost-efficient methods of manufacturing.

In 1956, the Indiana firm released the Glider, a convertible personal luxury vehicle which used state-of-the-art tooling and Somervell's established inline-6 engine to provide a distinguished luxury experience at a reasonable price, undercutting major manufacturers of the time. It was a sales success, but it was clear that performance and luxury vehicles of the time were already trending towards V8 power; Even the more pedestrian Arlington-branded models now competed with V8-powered vehicles in certain sectors. As a result, Somervell and Arlington co-developed a square, 326-cubic inch V8 and put it into every midsize and large car they had starting with the 1957 model year.

Due to its rather small size and lack of a V8, the Glider had gained a reputation as a ladies' car. To prevent this designation from latching onto the brand at large, the V8-equipped Glider would be chased in the 1959 model year by a more serious and distinctly 'manly' model. An all-new hardtop body with more aggressive wings and literal knives (bayonets, to be precise) trimmed out on the sides, this car received a higher-performance V8 and a four-on-the-floor shifter. They even threw out the bench, cut it in half and put it back in as 2 separate seats. Available in darker colors like the pictured Midnight Blue and a Maroon that could almost be mistaken for a car drenched in blood, the new 'Somervell Bayonet' was now out to change the image of the brand forever. With a drastically lower price than the now-heavier competing PLCs, it became the go-to car for young people looking to fill the car's second seat.

Specifications Model Year...............................................................................1959
Make................................................................................Somervell
Engine.................................326 CID V8 OHV 1x4-bbl 227 net hp
Transmission.....................................4-speed manual floor-shifted
Drivetrain................................................RWD 3.05:1 Final Drive
Chassis........................................................Body-on-Frame 103 in
Front Suspension..................................................Short/Long Arm
Rear Suspension.........................................Coil-Sprung Live Axle
Wheels..........................................Steel 14-inch with P185/80 tires
Brakes............................................................Drums Front & Rear

Photo53
Photo55
Photo56

11 Likes

1959 ZKF (Zuffenhausen Klein-Frasser) Z500 GT

German precision, now available in America!

Yours for just $2599!! (16100 AutomationCredits in 2021, $23345.64 in 2021, 0.5 Bitcoin as of 2021)

20 Likes

1959 Mons Albatros

Reliable Gasmean engineering inside a Gasmen land-yacht. What else do you need?

17 Likes

dang… i can’t upload any pictures… anyone have the same problem, been having it since CNY three days ago

1959 Manda Kurama 3.59

1959 Manda Kuruma 3.59
More Images 1959 Manda Kuruma 3.59 1959 Manda Kuruma 3.59
9 Likes

Can I suggest you downsize the pictures to 1080p. I have issue loading the 4K ones, plus they take up valuable space on the Automation servers (unless you host them elsewhere)

Other than that car looks good.

1959 GMD Stevenson SS

new entry level americanized european muscle car, it has 5.0 V8 Single Carb, producing 189 BHP, launching the car from 0-60 in 8.9 seconds and topped up at 244 km/h top speed, it might not be straight line performer, but with independent suspension on all corners, it should have some edge on the twist and turns even with american spec comfort suspension and tires.

this first launch edition will have some optional extras as well including european spec styling package ( disclaimer - we don’t responsible for any violation of USA car regulations by choosing this option ), and the more economical and lighter I6 will come to USA as well by next year.

4 Likes

well… its already in 1080p from the start…, might be my internet quality, tested it, its only 0.38 mbps upload… anyways the good news, one picture finally uploaded, the bad news, that’s the only one possible, thanks anyways :slight_smile:

I was talking about the post before yours mate, im not gonna drown on about it tho, just merely a suggestion since I don’t wanna be that guy and start an argument about picture size and uploading

1955 Privateer Cougar IS
Driving this will improve your social status by up to 25.62%

13 Likes

The all new Schnell 20/4 Type 10 1600 USDM. The ultimate peak of German Luxury. (Yes im bad at 50s design. Im more used to the 90s car designs)

We are not liable for reckless driving.

3 Likes

I Can’t seem to export the car.

From @Boiled_Steak & @Xepy

Its not a corvette it got fins

23 Likes

corvette

1959 Cutty Sark 460

5 Likes

1959 Dominion Raven

Fully updated for 1959, the fast and comfortable Raven comes with a powerful 323ci V8 producing 230 hp* and 280 lb-ft of torque. Glide across the interstates effortlessly as a bird through the skies.

*Gross horsepower, tested externally with no accessories.

22 Likes

@variationofvariables Are Inline-4 engines allowed, im a bit concerned as my entry uses an I4.

1958 SMC Dynatom V8

Brand new for 1958, the Dynatom comes with a twin-carbed 350 V8 making 206hp and responsive 3-speed manual for power and speed when you need it.

Space-age design covers this smooth powerhouse. Sleek, streamlined form and sharp details that may have you seeing double!

17 Likes