CSR 137: Life after (V8) Falcodore (Completed - Results posted)

I also think that the model year restriction is a bit too harsh. Most manufacturers does not come out with new models after two years and it does hamper things for people wanting to stick to their lore. I can understand that he does not want a car that looks ancient but I think that the 2005 body unlock year is enough of a restriction for that.

3 Likes

Minmaxing refers to sacrificing some stats in favor of others in an unrealistic way.

I could include it along with other similarly sized bodies, but I won’t, given that there are already enough bodies available now that I’ve opened up the rules further.

Keeping your suggestion in mind, I have decided to change the model year range to anything between 2012 and 2018 inclusive, to more easily accommodate company lore. Moreover, given that a manual gearbox always yields a lower comfort score, transmission choice won’t be (as) much of a factor among the comfort criteria compared to previously.

2 Likes

Does the mean the engine or the trim? If so, trim wise 70 is almost hard to achieve without using bare minimum interiors or a lot of quality

It refers to trim reliability. Besides, I was able to exceed this value in the test mules I made in anticipation of this round I’m about to host.

Edit: after consulting with others, I have decided to lower the recommended minimum trim reliability value to 65 - the first few test mules I built all had manual transmissions, progressive steel springs, and were rear-drive only, hence the inflated reliability values.

1 Like

I second this. Even with suspension and interiors from the Jurassic era, you can only just barely manage to get over 70. I have no idea what kind of mule you’ve been using for testing, but something seems off to me.

You could then include reliability as a criterion into the priorities, if it matters.

To that end, I have chosen to axe the recommended minimum reliability value, and given that some tech (especially the more advanced stuff) incurs a reliability penalty even in 2018, I will make it a criterion of low priority instead.

1 Like

There have been no complaints about the rule set over the past few hours, which means…

Submissions are now open!

Just as a reminder, submissions close in 10 days’ time.

Didn’t like the Persche? lol

If I did a coupe body but made it look like a sedan (including door cuts, pillars, etc) and gave it the layout of a sedan, would it be able to count as a sedan?

The 911/Panamera-esque body (both sizes) is actually too old for the rule set I’m using (unlock year of 2001 when the earliest allowable body unlock year is 2005), so it’s out.

Almost forgot, but unfortunately, I must tell you that making a sedan look like a coupe (or vice versa) counts as cheating and will not be accepted. So if you want to submit a sedan, make sure your car looks like an actual sedan - likewise, if you want to submit a coupe, make sure it looks like an actual coupe.

No, for CSR136 I brought in a mid engined car, and i guess you’ve learned to not let that happen again (“Persche” was the brand)

1 Like

The Polestar body actually accepts both rear and mid engine, and 1 or 2 other bodies allow rear… I was actually making a rear engined V8 car until I realized that only front longitudinal was allowed, lol.

Regarding the ban on mid-engined or even rear-engined cars for this round:

Thanks for clarifying. I remember the furor over the aftermath of PDC5, which was won by a mid-engined car, of all things, so for PDC9, front-engined cars became mandatory. To avoid the controversy that blighted PDC5, I chose to explicitly mandate front longitudinal engine placement for CSR 137.

liftbacks are still fine right?

Well, I guess that he is not looking for a 2021 Tatra from a parallell universe, so, fair…

2 Likes

From what I read in the intro, the customer can’t get a Holden Commodore, so instead he is looking for a Holden Commodore. Maybe if you made something vaguely like a Holden Commodore it could maybe slide through a round?

6 Likes

I will be accepting them now, and treat them as if they were sedans or coupes, depending on how many doors they have on each side.

Actually, our client is looking for a sports sedan that serves as a spiritual successor to the Commodore and its ilk, in terms of performance and price. But if it’s good enough to drive relative to the Commodore, then it will slide through, even if it doesn’t share that car’s RWD/NA V8 combination.

1 Like

We just had a UTE revival comp on discord. Time to make a coupe version of my entry!

2 Likes

THE 2018 IP CELESTIA

3100 GTX model in Louisiana blue metallic shown

In its 11th generation, our classic sports sedan is more alive than ever. Now, with the new 3.1 litre turbocharged 400 hp V6, it is also stronger than ever. Of course the traditional values of sporty design, high comfort and a large amount of driving pleasure is still there.

VISIT YOUR IP DEALER SOON FOR A TEST DRIVE!

8 Likes