CSR 143 - Slippery and Cold |Tier 1 finalist released

3rd brake light was mandated for '86 in the US lol

2 Likes

Really? Damn.

In my defense Iā€™m almost 40 and Iā€™ve slept a couple times since then, so my memory isnā€™t that good.

According to EU law, new vehicles have had to have a third brake light since January 1, 1998

:cold_face: Saw some entries without third brake lights but Iā€™m unsure if theyā€™re mandatory this round.

You never go wrong with one, only without :sunglasses:

1 Like

I donā€™t think the hosts of CSR have ever been such realism sticklers to bin cars because of a design element like a 3rd brake light. You should be good.

8 Likes

people who donā€™t do interiors be like

7 Likes

Iā€™d go for auto just because itā€™s more drivable

All these advanced autos and turbo motors are surprising me. Did you not read the prompt hereā€¦? The guy is an unemployed family man who needs to pick up groceries. I doubt heā€™s concerned with how fun it is to drive.

4 Likes

-automatic cars are easier to drive in snow
-turbochargers may be used in economy cars

1 Like

In 1998?

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna have to say that something a bit touchyā€¦ because yes, you probably could get something with a turbo in this bracket in 1998, but I doubt thereā€™d be many to choose from.

1 Like

True, but I doubt people are making real world replicas in this round. Why not make it so theyā€™re ARE many to choose from?

Have you heard about that?

I agree that creativity is the key aspect of Automation, so if you want to slap on a turbo or two, go for it. However, when looking for basic, low-cost and running transport 23 years ago, you would hardly find turbo cars. Turbo compacts would be rarely reserved for hot versions, and they would cost accordingly.

If we could make diesels, that would make sense. Even these were rare in Diesel form. Most were just an atmosferic 1.9 diesel. My brother owned one :slightly_smiling_face:

In this late 90ā€™s NA diesels were for REALLY low end.(like no power steering/window and plastic bumper)

Turbo diesels nearly were the norm and construtors were going for VGTs at that time.

So a basic turbo is not abnormal.

At the time of the 205, turbos were expensive but in 98 it was not an issue anymore.

1 Like

Everything I agree with but, no diesels re available in Automation. You could try to replicate the high-compression high-octane features of these engines, but it makes little sense within the given rule set of this competition.
Gasoline engines with turbos simply were not yet as common in more basic forms. Emissin regulations would eventually get us there, but not yet in 1998 time period.
Again, it makes sense for diesels of this era as turbos would benefit performance and consumption, where without turbos they felt lethargic like field machinery on the road.

4 Likes

Definitely true, but our client wants a reliable car, so I opted for a simple 5-speed manual. Getting a drivability score of >50 was a struggle, though, so I decided to fit ABS, after realizing that I could accept the resulting reliability and price penalty.

Yes I remember that you can definitely make diesels in automation