CSR 143 - Slippery and Cold |Tier 1 finalist released

I come from the land of Vettes, Vipers and Mustangs…but yet I’d love to drive something like this.

It is an unforgettable experience

2 Likes
Tier 3 Bin

After getting picked up from his cousin, Kasperi and his cousin are on their way to the auto shop; There Kasperi can ask for opinions and get to know more about the cars he will be choosing. Along the way, they encountered something huge and dangerous.

Warning

As they saw the warning sign fading away, they sense an unfortunate event that will happen at anytime. Moments later a single moose appeared and rushing towards the icy road. They are only a few seconds away from crashing into It; His cousin act quick and perform a massive maneuver. The car rear end swings forward and causes the car to loose control. The direction of the car is heading towards the wall trees . They both starts panicking; this would be the worst place for them to end up crashing. Cousin try his luck and pull the hand brake then steer 180 degrees and push the accelerator. They barely dodge crashing into the trees. Kasperi and his cousin can’t process what really happened there and how did they managed to save their lives…

After a while, they’ll eventually arrived at the auto shop. Kasperi waves and say goodbye to his cousin after exit the car; his cousin drives away. Kasperi open the front entrance, he spot a man wearing glasses. “Hey! young man, what do you have in your mind right now.” The mechanic respond to Kasperi.
“Um, would you mind giving “some” opinions about these new cars that I’ve thinking about buying.” Kasperi respond back. “Wait, you’re here just so I can give my own take on these Shitboxes? Do you know that I’ve a business running here, I won’t waste my time not getting paid. " Mechanic respond back. " Oh, I’m also here to buy something as well. Also I’m promise It’ll be quick. I’m just not sure what car to pick, so can you share me some of the knowledge please? " Kasperi respond back. " Well… Ok maybe I’m not so busy, so I guess I could tell you something that I do know about these cheap plastic cars.” Mechanic respond back. " Ok, I’ll lay down these brochure that I’ve scavenged from many places. Many of these cars interested me but I can only afford one of them. "

hfghfgj

Raitala Paragon 4-TRAK
@Jake302

Review

" Hi? that’s it? " Mechanic respond. " Well unfortunately that’s all I have for this car, I couldn’t find any info about this car except for this obscure ad. " Kasperi respond back. " Actually wait, gimme a moment." Mechanic respond back and went searching for something. " Lip smacks So this car is quite an interesting one notably the drive train, It utilized an AWD system which I find quite surprising for it to be included in a car at this price range. " " That must be ni-" "HOLD ON I’m not done talking, It has open differential which won’t really help in with it’s AWD system and some aluminum panels were fitted in for whatever reason. There are some reported that the the brakes tend to get hot and fade on daily driving. Also the car has a hidden pop up lights for some reason. Mechanic respond back. " Well, what about the other things? " Kasperi respond back " Well, there’s an “Anti Lock Brake”, Electric power steering and everything else seems to be like what a shitbucket would have. " Mechanic respond back " Hmm… I see, hmmm well I still have many more cars to choose apart from this so… "
Final Verdict : Binned

NAM 2197w GL 1.5i
@Restomod

Review

" I’ve never heard of this brand before, but they do make cars… Anyway It’s a wagon, but not really the one I’m used to… " mechanic respond. " What do you mean? " Kasperi respond back " Well you see, unlike this thing. The actual wagon is spacious, has comfy bench seats and a biggggg V8. " mechanic respond back " Ok… whatever, can you give me some info additional info about this car now? " Kasperi respond " Kay, Kay, so the engine of this thing was outsourced from the other manufacturer from the same country.
The company is known to make below average quality cars and this kinda explains the untreated steel panel also I forgot to mention but the engine use a single point electronic fuel injection which is quite dated by today. The engine is also not very reliable at all and a 6 Speed manual transmission which is very hmmm… and what’s this? Traction Control and Anti Lock Brakes? where did they get these from? It’s honestly quite weird with how they choose to prioritize the engineering choice of this car. " mechanic respond back. " Ha… I guess this one is… " Kasperi respond back.

Daimon Zire 1.3 SLi
@conan

Review

" Well, It is indeed a car… " Mechanic respond. " I do agree and I like that " Kasperi respond back. " To be honest I don’t have much to say about this one, nothing seem out of place. It’s just a car, a normal shitbucket. " Mechanic respond back. " And looking at the price tag, It’s quite cheap compare to the rest; The service cost is also not too bad. I might consider this. " Kasperi respond back.
Final Verdict : Moves to Tier 2

Mercian 150 1.4iS VVT
@Fletchyboy100

Review

" This one is big step up from the last car that we looked at, and I really mean It. In term of styling and both mechanical stuff It has all the new tech stuffs like Anti Lock Brakes, Electric power steering and even an addition of semi clad to improve aerodynamics " Mechanic respond. " That sounds like a bargain, lemme have a look at the price tag. Oh, It’s also way more expensive too. Right at the very limit of my budget, This one will be quite hard to consider… hmm… "

Tiffosi Chittai Campus
@fasmukji

Review

" So, um a quick look at this, nothing seems wrong with It. well except for a bit too aggressive brake pad. It’s Ok. " Mechanic respond. " I see, but one thing that I’m a bit concern is the price; It’s at the very limit of my budget. While the overall design isn’t too bad, It feels a bit empty. Anyway I’ve made the decision that I’ll…" Kasperi respond back.

Estrada Coco 1.5 GL
@Mad_Cat

Review

" Estrada brand are well known for producing cheap low end cars that only exist because there are markets for people who need only a piece of transport just to go places. However, the GL trim provides more quality of life essentials like; Power steering, upgraded interior, additional of an entertainment system which was obsolete in the Base trim, Anti lock brakes, Automatic transmission and an alloy wheels. with all of that added the price became less affordable, What hasn’t changed from the base trim is a surprisingly small brakes that tends to fade In addition the body panels still remain a bare untreated steel with only the paint protecting It from the corrosion. " Mechanic respond. " Hm… I mean It’s a cheap car so the service cost shouldn’t be that bad right? " Kasperi respond back. " Well actually with all of that stuff added, It’s more pricier to service now. " Mechanic respond back. " Oh, damn." Kasperi respond back.

Sakura H155 Summit MT
@Fayeding_Spray

Review

" A special trim called the Summit MT, claim to featured a Incident reduction, are the ad referring to the Traction Control? I think they are. Anyway aside from that the engine still retain an old dated Flat 4 engine with Single Point Electronic Fuel Injection which is considered Inferior to the Multipoint Electronic Fuel Injection. " Mechanic respon. " The fuel economy also tanked because of this, well you know how I decide this… " Kasperi respond.

Frugal Fred
@TheTom

Review

" The ad claim that this car is well equipped, practical, light and nimble and affordable to run and reliable. Well only few checks that list, the car manufacturer did an odd decision of making It a 2+2 and installed a not so usable manual locker differential on a FWD car. " Mechanic respond. " Hmm, Interesting. I’ve decided now I’ll… " Kasperi respond back.

Tomodachi NeoRetro
@Sky99

Review

" Certainly a car that I would never expect to be put into production, anyway this car is certainly a sports car and not your everyday daily groceries getter. RWD, 2.5 liter turbocharge engine, a 5 Speed computer controlled automatic? and amongs other expensive high end stuff. this car is certainly wild " Mechanic respond. " It’s also a 2+2 too… hm what is this the chassis of this car is quite weird, It looks like the rear end of a truck ladder was welded to the back of a regular car chassis " Kasperi respond back. " Well Idk how they even manage to even developed something with a limited budget that they had, I have doubt about this company’s future." Mechanic respond back. " Soooo, seeing that this car is also one of the most expensive, I’ll be worry that If anything like a computer inside this car broke, It’s going to be a lot for me to fix. shame…"

Mons Keiju
@cake_ape

Review

" Look, how many cars do I have to tell you about? You know I can’t go on about this forever right? " Mechanic respond. " I promise, there’s only a few left! " Kasperi respond back. " You know what? I’m going try and be quick with this because this feels like forever. Ok, so the exterior of this car is just like any ordinary car, but Inside It. It’s not what you think " Mechanic respond back. " What? " Kasperi respond back. " First, Partial aluminium panels, Second, Turbocharged engine, Third, Automatic gearbox. With these combined you get one of the pricier Hatchback. Mechanic respond back " Oh wow, ok I guess this one is not the one… "

Hayaku Asahi
@Hilbert

Review

" ‘More than just an engine and four wheels’, Well I’ll see about that… untreated steel panel… and… well Idk anymore " Mechanic respond back. " Well… the price is somewhat Ok, but I don’t know why the service cost seem more expensive than other. mannnnn when I will I actually find a car that is right…" Kasperi respond back.

Taimania Hatchy Adventure Package
@desperatedonut5

Review

" This car seem like a bargain, judging from the ad said about this car. But when take a closer look there seem to be some compromise made to fit with certain budget. Like the AWD system that they mentioned, yes It has It but they cheap It out and use the open differential instead of Limited Slip Differential. they brakes, while they said they updated it, It still quite small and still experience fade. The engine, well… It has usable power band but It could be tuned better. " Mechanic respond. " Wow you certainly know a lot about this." Kasperi respond back. " Actually, I’m using the provided Info that I’ve at the moment, some cars that is too obscure and not well researched will have me speechless." Mechanic respond back. " hhhhhhurrrr still nothing " Kasperi respond back.

Wells DayLee Sport
@DuceTheTruth100

Review

" Daylee, Daily? wow they still got a sense of humor to even name a car with this name. though this car seemed like It would be sitting in a clay room " Mechanic respond. " Yeah, It seem certainly looking ahead to the future…" Kasperi respond back. " Anyway, mechanically. This car seem to be build with a combination of many thing that can be found in the part bin. Engine with outdated fuel system, automatic locker differential that was taken from an offroader and then they did a bunch wizardly stuff to make it power the front wheel. It’s certainly weird ". Mechanic respond back. " Well, I still have many more car to look at so… " Kasperi respond back.

SC Shrike 3B Hatch
@lotto77

Review

" Ok, I’m actually getting bored now, I want this to end fast so I’ll make this even more faster " M " Oh " K " I have nothing much to say about this, It seem overall average but that’s not a bad thing. " " Ok, I guess that sets It "

MAHG Omicron Export
@S31

Review

" Well damn… I don’t have much info about this car except the fact that I look French, I’ll read from what I have. Innovative safety features, underside has been padded to improve aerodynamic. well that doesn’t seem bad… " M " Well then…"

Zephorus KV 4x4
@Riley

Review

" Zephorus, a company that’s known to make expensive and high performance vehicle also make this? hmmm, they certainly went exotic with the 2+2 seating configuration. also I’ve seen some report that the rear of this vehicle tend to try overcome the front because the braking bias weren’t properly tested/tune before entering production? aside from that, Its pretty much fine. " M " Well I certainly wouldn’t want to slow down my car and suddenly know that the rear will kick to the side or whatever. I guess will look for something else." K

Valiant 18AR 1.5
@mart1n2005

Review

" Definitely a solid car, well aside from the aluminum panel but I guess they did what’s best. " M " It also gets quite impressive fuel economy, the car seem pretty well equip. While a bit on the expensive side I’ll give this car a chance. " K

Moravia Laticia 1.2
@Maverick74

Review

" This is one of the those cars that implement the good bits but then sacrificed other factors, The chassis of this car use an Advanced High Strength Steel which I’m pretty sure cannot be found in any other shitbucket, well except this one. The safety was outdated which I think they did to make It to meet the certain budget. " M " Well, still after what you said, It’s one of those car that is at the very limit of my budget so…" K

HAKARU XEPHOS GLS
@Executive

Review

" From the land of rising sun Hakaru Xephos is one of those car that the Japanese engineer happened to be over engineered just for the sake of improvement over other lineup. like the safety features of this car, the multilink suspension which typically would be found in a more expensive cars, high speed assisted power steering. despite what they did to improve. There are few things that they left unchanged. Untreated steel panel, brake that would fade… " M " Oh yeah, that also explains It’s price tag. well a bit of a shame really… " K

Airman Shrike EX
@nightwave

Review

“Holy, the cost to service this car is so damn expensive, I wonder why…” K " I still wonder about that… Idk why, but It seemed like the engineering wasn’t up the stand quite yet. " M " Well… this one goes into…

Cabrera Fulgor
@Petakabras

Review

" Yes, I do need a car. let’s see If this is worth It." K " Well looking at the spec, It’s fine maybe this could be your car " M " I don’t know about that…gimme a bit more time." K

Novia Prisma 1.4CL
@alen.alic1983

Review

" A car that seem to well equip, a bit of consideration was put into making this interior It seem " M " Yeah, l like very of how the inside looks, but what about other things? " K " Well the ride quality is a bit rough but It’s bearable apart from that It’s average. " " I see…"

Saarland Vital 1.0 eko
@Knugcab

Review

" Quite an honest ad, but anyway let’s look at the specs, The engine is quite underwhelming and It’s sitting on a slightly heavy body the result is a car with slow acceleration, you might have some problem with keep up with the traffic. other than that nothing else to say…" M " I’m looking for an upgrade from my previous car, so this won’t do It sadly…" K

Ernis Omni Final Edition 1.4
@Taffin_Blur & @Ryan93

Review

" Apparently with this final edition of the Omni, they did a few things to make It more presentable. like improved interior and the rear bench seat was replaced with a 2+2 quite interesting isn’t it… " M " Well Okayyyyy… hm… " K "

Quezon Cordova FXi
@variationofvariables

Review

" That red coupe version is quite nice not going to lie, but since I don’t have the budget to aim for any higher price I got this instead " K " Huh, I’m actually sad that this Japanese car suffers the same problem like what the few other cars has. The brake bias has a bit too much force to the rear especially for a FWD car. It’s not too hard to fix at the autoshop but Its quite weird that they didn’t even test the braking before entering the production " M " a- actually from what I heard this car is from Philippines and not the usual Japaneses import. Good thing is the service cost is surprisingly low. like much cheaper than any I’ve seen so far. You know what, It’s okay enough. I’ll think more later.
Final Verdict : Moves to Tier 2…

Mara Zvezda C 1.1i 9V
@AndiD

Review

" You know, If this car had a bit more features and the design were less simple I would have picked It. Like this thing is so damn cheap. " Kasperi respond " Well there’s no perfect car in this world, some car has what other car doesn’t have but is also worse in other ways." Mechanic respond.

14 Likes

:snowflake:

AT-lumi
@T0M

Review

" It’s a hot hatch, clearly. There’s no doubt about It " M " Huh… how did this car ended up with the rest, I might’ve not pay too much attention when I went and grab these. " K " If you want my opinion on the engine of this car, It’s clearly tuned for performance and not commuting, with It’s aggressive cam profile the turbocharger also heavily effects the reliability of this engine. the riding quality was also seem to not be the priority of this car. the suspension was tuned a bit too firm, especially the rear. but… what broke me is that they decided to went for an automatic transmission on a sporty hatchback for some reason. " m " So you’re saying that this isn’t what I’m looking for? " K " Yes " M

Neko CiX-2
@Mikonp7

Review

" What about this? " K " Well, not much to say about It, apart from outdated safety feature, brake pad that is too hard. that’s It… It’s pretty much average." M " Really? that’s all? " K " Yes, I don’t have enough info on this car unfortunately since the ad doesn’t say much." M "

GSI Taiga
@oppositelock

Review

" That bright orange seat is surely funky but It’s not bad " K " Well the interior seem pretty well equip, but the rest is well, kinda average, the service cost is also a bit on the expensive side. " M " Mannnnn I just need one moreeeeee. " K

KAI K1 1.2
@abg7

Review

" You have anything to say about this car? " K " Well to be honest, It’s pretty much fine maybe a bit too basic." M " Well you know that they say, functional over desig- . " K
Final Verdict : Moves to Tier 2 …

Torsor Tango FA1.6
@Prium

Review

" Well atleast I’ve something to say about this one, IDK how they managed to include a 5 Speed Automatic into car at this price range, quite a miracle but I’m so confused. Also these type of transmission wouldn’t likely be in a shitbox anyway. " M " Oh wow look the time, I’m surprised that we spent so much time just talking about this. I still going to have to finish the rest of them tho so let’s speed up now. " K

Kuma B-IN
@Xepy

Review

" Hm… that name… why does It reminded me of so many things… " K " Unfortunate that the only thing that is holding this thing back for being a decent car is Its engine, There little to no power till It reached around 3000 RPM that’s when It’ll eventually make any power coupled It’ll be quite difficult to crawl this around for sure… " M " Really? that a big shame honestly since I like how this car looked " K

Munot Volonte 341A
@Quneitra

Review

" This is car try too hard to be better than the competition, the interior was more refined than what I was expecting. the car chassis also use fancy material. however this also make this car one of the most expensive to buy, service cost is also quite high too. " M " Ehhhh, really now… I just needd one more… " K

Suisei Yari Yama
@Falling_Comet

Review

“Suisei was always known to be innovative as they are Japanese, They spend them on tech and other things to improve the riding experience of this Offroader. mainly the ESC which help with preventing lose of control. But this also makes It more expensive and Suisei try their best by sacrifice on few factors to fit into the lower price range” M " Man this is really sucks… , I which I saved up more money so I can buy better things. But I don’t have way to make money right now…" K

Sovaine Rosa
@Sovaine

Review

" This car is very good looking, how ever that’s when the downfall start. Both the chassis and the Panels are untreated steels. Engine has bad power delivery and is not reliable at all, the rpm limit is also oddly tuned. and the suspension appears to be the more expensive choice. combined is an unreliable car with below average fuel economy. " M " Mannnnn for real I just need one more car. " K

Atera Neutron 4X4
@HybridTronny & @66mazda

Review

" A collaboration between of Pikemen and Atera in their attempt to foray into the EU market, interesting. " M " Ooo wow " K " And like the traditional offroader, It utilizes a traditional solid axle suspension which kinda hurts the drivability and even more the Tyre provided by the manufacturer are more suited for Offroading and not daily driving. However If you Ignored all of that It’s perfectly Ok. " M " Well damn… " K

SHIJIAZHUANG T4/4 R/S
@ldub0775 & @AMuteCrypt

Review

" We’ve got ourselves a sports car here, again… " M " Is It that bad? " K " Well , not really. It’s pretty much fine, but what’s not fine is the service cost, It’s very expensive compared to the rest. but then again this is not really what you’re looking for right? " M " Yes… " K

Furokami Boxter
@Urke101

Review

" Wooo baby " K " Hold on Its not all just about the looks, lemme check… hm yeah, Outdated safety, the brake bias is also in need of re calibration, Also the Tyre that were provided by the manufacturer is quite low quality and were only made to just work. Service cost is still on the higher side. There’s also a report of recalls due to engine not being properly check and tuned and caused the engine to knock " M " … " K

Fugly Turbo
@ImKaeR

Review

This thing has turbo what a surprise… also that car need fitment reworked " M " Man, I think I’m getting quite tired right now. I think we only got a few more to go…

NAV Ferda 1.8i GLE M4(FL)
@Ludvig

Review

" That fitment tho… oh god " M " man… I think I might have leave soon after this because It’s getting dark. "

Kazuki Ariant Active
@SyberRacer

Review

" Only thing that’s let this thing down is it’s engine, turbo heavily tanked the reliability " M " Man… I just need that last … car"

Hinode Bison Standard 2000
@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T

Review

" Well this one is very cheap " K " You know what It’s Ok, just a bit more features " M " I’m not sure… It needs more comfort."

Carino Velocista
@Kyorg

Review

" This car makes up for Its lacking in performance is Its incredibly easy to drive and cheap service cost " M " I also really do dig that seats pattern and the price tag, while a bit high. still worth It.

Yaman WRM
@Navara

Review

" Ride quality of of this car is incredibly good, Inside is also spacious with room for big items. though the panels is untreated. " M " Considering that It pretty good in most category. I’ll think about it… "

Loubet Cerise
@vouge & @donutsnail

Review

" Well It’s certainly quite good looking, again the panel is bare steel I’m tired of keep mentioning this… " M " Ok whatever, I’ll think about It more. " K

Alyx Lune
@pen15

Review

"This car has so much interesting lines, and for being in this price point it’s good. Still expensive but I’ll have to make the risk " K " It might have the look of the 21st century , but certainly It’s still a 20th century engineering, look. untreated steel panels " M " Whatever I need this so I can fit the 2 digit " K

The one that got away...

Note:This list includes the Tier 4 bins that somehow got overlooked. I apologize for the scruffiness.

Hosher Pluto 1.3 DL
@randomtuner

Binned for: Trim Year being older than 1998.

Kumos Toros
@Poli_Viteko

Binned for: Incorrect naming scheme (Not doing the same with the engine’s name trim)

Ceder Ruelle 1.4es
@Mythrin

Binned for: Not posting the ad.

Franklin Marshall HiWay 1400
@Jaimz68

Binned for: Trim ET exceeding 90

dffftgh

Entries that will move to Tier 2

@conan
@Kyorg
@Navara
@donutsnail & @vouge
@pen15
@lotto77
@mart1n2005
@Petakabras
@variationofvariables
and
@abg7

Tier 2 coming out very soon

my sleeping schedule is ruined

19 Likes

I guess it got binned after all, ba dum tss

Small correction: partial alu. Not the same. Anyway, thanks for the reviews and good luck to those that moved on to the next round!

2 plus 2? Wtf? And what de dug means “replaced”? I gave it 4 full seats… mhhh bc the car is way to narrow to be a full 5 seater in my eyes. Like the Polo6N.

The Munot Volonte dealer talking to Kasperi, 1998 (colorized):

Good luck to the competitors of the next round!

3 Likes

@EnCR - I’m not in the bins and not in T2…?

lol apparently this has happened to a couple of people now

Me as well :smiley:

Exactly how I would have reviewed it as well. The Tomodachi was a bit of a curveball because it went for the highest price (like I’m sure its just a tick away from 17600). I just felt bad for Kasperi (I know he’s fictional) because all the other ads were so depressing, telling Kasperi he couldn’t afford and shouldn’t afford anything more. I wanted to inject some optimism for the guy to show what he could possibly afford. But it wasn’t a car that was made for someone who doesn’t have cash to spare for sure, thank you for a reasonable review!

2 Likes

never I would though my car got binned because It was too sporty (?) and it’s automatic gearbox lmao

btw what do this mean?

rtyrtyh
Hope this makes a bit clearer…

2 Likes

So it’s not comfortable enough?
Much clearer, thanks

Unfortunately yes, your comfort point was even lower than the cheaper car on this list.

6 Likes

It makes perfect sense that you got binned for being too sporty. Automation challenge =/= performance car challenge. The buyer here couldn’t care less about horsepower, as long as it wouldn’t get stuck in a ditch. Every car that made T2 was a run-of-the-mill commuter, with no hints of sportiness. Not trying to rag on you too hard, just want to point this out for your future entries.

2 Likes

That was an awful lot of cars for you to reject, but you made the right choices - and as for me, I am relieved to find out that my car has made it to the semi-finals.

In hindsight, having a 3 cylinder Opel Corsa as a benchmark was maybe a bit too spartan even for this customer, which I realized when I saw what others were building + that I still had a fair bit of budget left. Should have aimed a bit higher. :rofl:

2 Likes