CSR 145: The Car that Howled Like a Wolf

I don’t think that giant engine will go very far.

Even if the car’s stats bomb, I’m already in love. Shooting brake French Corvette ftw this guy just earned a fan

2 Likes

I think it’s supposed to be more of a Facel Vega shooting brake, but yeah, it is quite lovely.

Deadline Extended!!!

The deadline has been extended to Apr 3 11:59 pm PST. Apparently this week was the middle of midterms for a lot of people and to account for that I'm extending the deadline.
3 Likes

SAETA Albor Sprint

Powered by passion

Lore
Small car manufacturer SAETA was founded in Spain in 1964 by two car enthusiasts, Ricardo Sanchez (lead engineer) and Joaquín Reyes (salesman). For their first years they sold fiberglass bodied cars based on SEAT mechanicals (the only widely available option at that time in the country), but in 1967 the market was starting to move on from such kind of products, and so, a new car started development.

Still using their usual fiberglass body, it would sport a new platform, taking inspiration from BMW current cars, who had already moved to IRS with enough success. On the engine side, a whole new family was developed too, a small inline 4 engine and a v8 based on basically two i4 blocks joined at the crankshaft.

While the standard Albor sporting a 1.3L engine would be the main seller for the brand, they would try to push upmarket and into foreign markets with the Albor Sprint, with it´s characteristic small displacement, fuel injected V8. The engine would prove to be a decently successfull unit in racing, but for street use it would be overly complex.

Not a conventional GT, but still a car that could allow you to travel for long distances comfortably enough and have fun in twisty roads too.

Extra pic

9 Likes
6 hours left!!!

The entries I have so far are

@Mikonp7
@mart1n2005
@Caligari
@Admiral_Obvious
@HybridTronny
@TheYugo45GV
@Arn38fr
@Xepy
@TheHengeProphet
@Texaslav
@jermiat
@Petakabras
@Kyorg (still need an advert on here from you btw)

If anyone else has cars they’ve been working on for this, now is the time to send them. X3

8 Likes
Submissions Closed

Thanks to everyone that's submitted. X3 A reminder that those of you who still haven't made a forum post for your car here still have 24 hours to do so.
2 Likes

The previous CSR had a large turnout - this one, not so much. In fact, it’s less than half as big. Why? Probably because although the 4.2 open alpha build is more stable than it once was, there are still a few niggling bugs. Also, the fact that a detailed interior was explicitly required (even considering the variety of vanilla interior fixtures available) may have put some off.

1 Like

I think people have gotten used to interiors by now. My speculation is that unfamiliarity with 60s cars and bodies (and limited selection thereof) may have deterred some people; you’ll remember, many of the previous old-car challenges were rife with realism bins and entries that made no sense.

3 Likes

It was the interiors req that did it for me. I actually did build a car using your other requirements just to see if I could, but when I started down the interior path and ended up crashing, losing other fixtures, etc., I had to put it down and move on. Until we are operating in a stable (interior-friendly) environment, it’s not worth the pain for me. I know some of you are ninjas and I will concede to that.

Ymmv!

5 Likes

The lack of highlight, the botanical presentation, the lack of drive and motivation, the unsightly orienteering machines - all this made CSR 145 extremely boring for me. It is quite possible that I will ignore the next rounds as well. My participation in the competition means that it’s really cool, unique, stinger and fun. Oh well, there’s no room to spread out - I lack a huge amount of mods to implement my ideas.

If you count, then the difference with the previous round was 5 karat, and perhaps there are those who approve of my words.
But I am still interestingly what the bins will be for. :broom:

Dude, mods are free. No need to blame the competition for your unwillingness to download a couple of files.

Also, what language are you translating from? I understand it might not be the most polite thing to ask, but we have an acute communication problem here.

8 Likes

Is Google Translation letting us down on understanding Kalan fully, or is it just me? I get the gist (you don’t like the challenge) but I’m not catching the nuance.

Thx

Edit Texaslav commented as I was drafting. Yep so I’m not the only one. Fair nuff

3 Likes

I translate from Russian using Deepl Translate.
Also, for example, I did not take part in the TMCC 13 Great Ball of Fire, because I rejected the Interior car, and I could have received a very sour review from the judge from the very beginning. In addition, this competition was compiled on the basis of 4.1, and a little (just a little) did not reach the cool challenge for.

For me to sit this one out was the classic car/realism hurdle. I respect that some people enjoy the realistic stuff, but it’s just not my thing.

The last challenge themed around 60s cars was TMCC12 - that one had a lot of vehicles that got rejected for realism’s sake, as you pointed out. However, there is actually a decent selection of period-accurate coupe bodies - it’s just that there hasn’t been a CSR set in that era since CSR 135, and that one was about everyday commuter cars.

Correction: TMCC 13 was the one themed around late-60s muscle cars. It was TMCC 14 (which I hosted) that had the subtitle “Great Balls of Fire” - it was set in 1995, not 1968.

If I had switched to the 4.2 open alpha by now, I would have given this CSR a shot. Alas, I wasn’t interested, presumably because I feared that a game update to LCV 4.13 (which hasn’t come out yet) would render it ineligible for judging.

That’s quite unfortunate - having work and/or study commitments leaves you with less time to design and submit an entry.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see the initial verdicts - it should be a blast!

1 Like

1970 Venturi S5

How has this car managed to maintain such a low value for all these years? Who the hell knows. Maybe the guy selling it doesn't know what he has, but I mean look at the damn thing. Apparently the last person to own it was in it all for the looks- its an automatic, but hey for the era it still pulls. Maybe that's what tanked the value. Maybe the previous owner was going bankrupt and liquidating assets. Who really cares why- all that matters is that you get to drive a Venturi for less than a quarter million dollars.

Gallery

Specifications

Gearbox: RWD 3 Speed Borg Warner Automatic
Powerplant: V8 producing 283bhp
Suspension: Double Wishbone Front, Double Wishbone Rear
Driver Assists: Hydraulic Power Steering
Safety Features: New Safety Glass, “Crumple Zones??”, Collapsing Steering Column
Interior Features: Rear Seats, 4 Speakers, AM/FM Radio, 8 Track, Hand Stitched Leather
Trim Options: Borg Warner Automatic, Lucas Mechanical Fuel Injection

MSRP: $63,100 AMU

21 Likes

Through skillful use of 3D fixtures, you have made the Venturi S5 (unrelated to the real-life supercar manufacturer of the '90s) look incredibly voluptuous and futuristic - it’s built on one of the XKE/E-Type bodies, but the way you placed the fixtures has resulted in something that doesn’t look much like an XKE at all.

What kind of valve train did you use to get that power figure? At any rate, this is one of the best-looking cars you have ever made, from any era.

I had actually started on a car for this as well. I stretched myself thin though, trying to build 4 great cars in a month!! That didnt pan out well for me at all. I did the exterior, but when it was time for the interior, I waived the white flag.

I could have switched to 4.2 and created a viable entry, but even after the release of 4.2.12 I was worried enough about sudden fixture loss (especially for the interior) that I chose not to bother.