CSR 145: The Car that Howled Like a Wolf

OK. I find it. Thank you!

3 Likes

As the OP explicitly states, 98 RON leaded gasoline is mandatory.

1 Like
One Week Left!!!

This is your friendly reminder that you have just under one week to get your submissions in. You have until midnight April 1st to get them in. You have until midnight the next day(apr 2) after that if you need to for your forum post (this shouldn't be necessary, but time zones can be weird). Ze'ev and Storm are looking forward to seeing what you've all come up with. X3
7 Likes

I still have rust on how to build cars, but hopefully this chassis won’t!

Red Rambler, limited run GT car with many unique features of the era.

Features an indestructible 2.4L I4, high spec luxury interior, lap sash seat belts for all occupants, and standard radial tires!

5 Likes

I don’t think that would be a fitting engine for a grand tourer from the '60s or '70s. In a smaller, mass-market sports coupe from that era, however, it might make more sense.

1 Like

I wanted to try something I knew nobody else would.

Plus the fact that it’s probably more reliable than what the guys are driving right now.

1970 Braunton Valcavera

18 Likes

Granite Classics presents:
Westminster Striker 38
The Westminster Striker 38 is a British built and designed GT car produced from 1966 to 1970. The four year production run saw only 1200 examples produced with only 300 being equipped with the 3 speed automatic.

The car in this photo is finished in Atlantic blue over Saddle Brown.

We here at Granite Classics have a dedication to authenticity, and as such we have made sure to use 100% original parts and materials in the delicate restoration process of all of our inventory. This same principle was applied to the restoration of the Striker.

The hand stitched leather took 4 hours to reunite with the aluminum dashboard, the steering wheel restored to factory condition and all the wood polished and refinished to the highest standard.

The engine is all original, the same 3.8L Inline 6 from 1966, running smoothly without issues. The vehicle can run on both Super Leaded and Super Unleaded fuel however, leaded fuel will provide better and smoother power delivery.

We are currently offering this vehicle for sale at $51,800 USD, or the better offer. A standard two year warranty is included. Parts are readily available from our dealership store at our location and on our website.

Financing options are not available on this vehicle

10 Likes

1965 Newman Terra Six

Introducing a world renowned 1965 Newman Terra Six, a luxury GT coupe from the greatland of United Kingdom. Powered by powerful 4.0L inline 6, it can produced up to 284hp which can get up to speed to 248km/h. All thanks to from Newman’s racing division on helping tuning this car.

All yours for $63,100.

Gallery and Interior Shot

17 Likes

Tail reminds me a bit of when they used to put 145 taillights on customized Volvo Amazons in the 80s. :smiley:

4 Likes

You wait ages for an Aston-esque car (I6 engine and all) to appear on the entry list, then two of them arrive at once… But yours is just that little bit more elegant. Both the Terra and Striker are quite attractive propositions inside and out, though.

1 Like

???

1969 Tristella Ciconia GT3800

One of the first roadcars produced by Tristella, the Ciconia was produced between 1967 to 1969, in understandably limited quantities. It came with much of the advanced bells and whistles of the time, as a display of what the fledgling luxury sports marque could do. The V12 was made for the Ciconia in mind, an aluminum 3.8l 24v SOHC unit rated at 300PS, mated with a four-speed manual transmission. Inside was an interior furnished with leather and expensive wood, fitted even with a fancy new A/C unit. It also came with independent suspension on all four corners, giving the grand tourer a smooth ride along with a well balanced handling characteristic.

27 Likes

Spotted on the side of the road in Moose County, Lungus Fung—Bassist for legendary rock group Love Piston—tries to fix a flat tire, the car eventually ending up at Gipple’s Garage due to the spare being too old to hold air.

“Yep, my pop got this car for me being born, and I didn’t see it until he died,” Lungus mutters while he chews on a cigar that has obviously never been lit. “I decided to take it for one last drive before getting rid of it, but it only made it halfway across the country before I ran a flat. Pity, I pulled the timing to run on unleaded premium, which really didn’t cost it much in power, but I expected the ethanol to eat the carb seals before anything else went wrong. If you know anyone who wants to buy it, get the word out, though I suppose it’s not going anywhere until new tires arrive.”

In 1963, the British spots car maker Valiant unleashed a new version of their Horizon Grand Tourer. The car’s 3L inline 6 featured 4 valves per cylinder as a dedicated middle finger to a certain catty competitor, and the quality of the engine being a particular point of pride for Valiant. Aesthetics and aerodynamics were also of utmost importance to Valiant, as not only should the Horizon win races, it should look good doing it. Utmost care was taken when designing the aerodynamic profile of the all aluminum bodywork, reducing drag and frontal area in order to allow the car to reach spectacular speeds. Specially produced magnesium rims were sold with the car as a more reliable alternative to the old spoked design in order to simplify maintenance and reduce weight.

The flat rear end was a quirky decision intended to reduce rear lift, though the design was clearly not ready as it had no notable effect on aerodynamics in any way until later iterations. Downforce implementation on cars was in its infancy, so this could be excused.

The distinctive four headlight arrangement of the Horizon line of cars was intended to provide optimal visibility for the driver under all weather conditions. Early Horizon models were sold with a 2+2 arrangement on special request, a feature which would later become standard on homologated GT models. On early models, this feature was particularly rare and clearly an afterthought. The quilted leather interior was designed for the comfort of the driver and passenger.

16 Likes

Jesus H. Christ, that car above makes me look like a plagiarist^

The Nineteen-Sixty-Nice Waldersee Woland 4400

Haha he named his car after a Bulgakov character
When you you put locomotive engine in car
Two tones, four seats, zero common sense

The German auto manufacturer Waldersee, having been saved by its (dependent) partnership with Texan powerhouse Arlington, got itself a racing program in the late 1950s. The WR4600 was the result: An accomplished endurance racer using a modified, DOHC-ified 30-degree slant six from the above company. The big, understressed engine handed many victories to the WR4600, and in 1962 the car was made into a roadgoing sports coupe called the Woland. Arlington pressured Waldersee into releasing a more luxurious and larger 2+2 coupe for 1965.

This example is a 1969 Woland 2+2 4400. It is part of the Typ WR02 production batch (Where WR00 is the by then obsolete race car, and WR01 is the initial carbureted 4.6 coupe and 2+2). WR02s have a destroked 4.4-liter engine with analog D-Jetronic injection; it’s still massive, though, and still attached to a 4-speed synchromesh manual box. Gated shifter, too. The car is in good condition and has the original 4-spoke magnesium wheels along with classic-look sports radials. There’s only one side mirror because it only came with one.

Stats Model Year....................................................................................................1998
Make.....................................................................................................Arlington
Engine......................................................266 CID i6 DOHC 12v MPFI 316 hp
Transmission....................................................4-speed manual console-shifted
Drivetrain.............................................RWD Longitudinal 3.74:1 Final Drive
Chassis....................................................................................Unibody 104.33 in
Dimensions (L/W)...................................................................180.93 in/65.09 in
Weight......................................................................................................2779 lbs
Front Suspension.....................................................................Short/Long Arm
Rear Suspension......................................................................Short/Long Arm
Wheels...........................................Mag 15-inch; R215/75 front and rear tires
Brakes.................................................Steel disc, 2-piston front, 2-piston rear
Retail Price.............................................................................................$67,900
Performance
0-62 Acceleration........................................................................................5.5 s
Top Speed.............................................................................................160 mph
62-0 braking.............................................................................................119 ft
200ft skidpad grip...................................................................................0.97 g
1/4 mile time...........................................................................................13.62 s
Fuel Economy (Combined, EPA).....................................................13.0 mpg

Gallery

Death

9 Likes

Please bring in 2 measurement systems, it’s embarrassing.
I won’t even comment on the oddities and positive qualities this racecar, because everything is clear as it is.

Great minds think alike?

"Trans-Atlantic Automobiles presents"

Ooh la la motherfucker. Fancy French escargot car. An elegant vintage grand tourer powered by…hold up, a TRUCK ENGINE? 7.4L V8? What is this bullshit? Did they just say to themselves “just leave ze engineering up to ze americains, now let me finish my baguette”?

An extremely advanced car for the era, with a superb AM radio sound system, luxurious power steering, three-point seat belts, double wishbone suspension front and rear with…oh god what is this confused mess, a THREE SPEED AUTO? Why do the Americans have to ruin everything they touch?

A Halifax-sourced space frame chassis underpins a body coachbuilt in Marseille by Boisseau, one of just forty shooting brakes made out of two hundred total second generation Cadieux grand tourers built from 1965 to 1973.

Parts are readily available from our dealership location. Price on request, test drives available. Make this unique French-American classic your own through our lucrative financing options!

I don’t get paid enough for this bullshit.

13 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Oh shit. Here I thought I was being American with that WW2-era-straight-six-turned-race-engine, and this magnificent new bastard drops a 454 Turbohydramatic shooting brake. We’re all doomed lol

6 Likes