CSR 162 - Sunset Sporting (FINISHED, Winner Announced!)

24 Likes

I think you missed me

oops yes, i have your car but haven’t added you to the spreadsheet yet so i forgot to write you down

Does anyone even read these? I mean I would make some unfunny joke here but idek what to write so you get an existential crisis on the worth of everything we do as a community: why do we spend many hours making worthless gaming cars when we could be doing like literally almost anything fucking else? Why do we spend so much time on flavor text and posts when just images will do? iI it because we hate ourselves? I don’t know! Please tell me. Everything hurts. Life is an illusion. anyway sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex

Walther 212
Evolution

Pure Performance

With a selection of three different engines mounted in the rear, the Evolution model showcased here is powered by the all-aluminium 350hp, 3.5L boxer-6 engine that made Walther a household name. With a lightweight block and internals, the naturally aspirated boxer is able to achieve peak performance thanks to its DVIL (Dynamic Valve & Injection Limitations) system dynamically adjusting valve timing and lift in coordination with the ITB multi-port fuel injection system.

To transfer all that power to the rear wheels, a highly responsive AGX 6-speed automatic gearbox with a rear torque sensing LSD completes the performance package. With a 8500 rpm redline and impeccable response, it will take you only 4 seconds to go from 0 to 100 km/h - all the power you ever wanted is at your fingertip.

Control and Elegance

With the brand new active suspension system, the rear wheels are electronically controlled to provide semi-active dampening with surface sensing technology to keep the car leveled without feeling any body roll during cornering, as well as provide electronic stability with traction control. It is configurable with Comfort, Road and Sport presets to adjust the ride to your liking.

The rear wheels are driven by the new AHRL (Aktive Hinterradlenkung) system, a unique hydraulic variable-assist power and rear steering controller, allowing dynamic adjustment of rear wheel steering and toe, in addition to the front, while cornering. With both double wishbone suspension front and rear coupled with DDS and AHRL, the 18/19 inch lightweight alloy rims and high performance sport tires ensures that the ride is always pleasant whether you cruise home comfortably from the grocery store or drive furiously down the Nordschleife.

Timeless Design

Despite being designed from the ground up for the 2005 model year, the 212 has been expertly styled with lines from cars of all vintages. Note the tail lights: the “rocket ship” brake and turn signal light housing harks back to similar ideas from the 1950’s space age cars and the beautiful rear-engined proportions have been continuously developing for just as long. The aerodynamically integrated rear wing calls back to posters of 80’s supercars and race cars alike.

The thoughtful design does not stop at the exterior - quite the opposite. The interior has been meticulously future-proofed with the simultaneously aggressive, angular, and ergonomic seats, armrests, and center console. The 212 Evolution comes equipped with an advanced yet intuitive infotainment system, including fine tuning and sound design by Sonoma and an incredibly responsive screen for navigation and information display. The supportive seats include heating and cooling for comfort at any speed and environment. And that massive area in the back? If ever you run out of space in the frunk, there’s ample space for groceries.

Exterior

@ldub0775

Design
CSS
Photography

@karhgath

Engineering
Writing
Photography

28 Likes

Nice centre console :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

10 Likes
2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7 2005 VOLARO VERLYN GT-S 3.7

2005 Verlyn GT-S 3.7
Fly Past.

The Verlyn Coupe for 2005 brings you freedom in the form of the
GT-S 3.7 package.

The Verlyn Coupe is what VOLARO calls its freedom-inducing grand tourer—actions over words, a clear definition of where you want to go. Unmistakably a VOLARO.

The GT-S 3.7 package grants the customer the “Revolution-N” (RVn.N-37-m2f) 3.7-liter V6 offered as a twin-turbo engine the VRD Viernes, paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.

SuperTrac Control all-wheel-drive is standard, while SuperTrac Advanced all-wheel-drive is offered with automatic transmissions.

| | | - Fly Past!

Power

GT-S 3.7

Ultimate

3.7-liter “Revolution-N High Compression”
(RVn.N-37-m2f HC) V6 engine

• (334.8HP @ 6500RPM)
  • (301.2 lb-ft @ 4300RPM)
  • (7200 maximum recommended RPM)

6-speed manual transmission

SuperTrac Control AWD System

SuperTrac Control RWD

Standard

5 liter “Ultimate Leap” (FGS.W-50-m5a) V8 engine

• (385.6 HP @ 5800RPM)
  • (400.2 lb-ft @ 4300RPM)
  • (6500 maximum recommended RPM)

6-speed select-shift advanced automatic transmission

SuperTrac Advanced AWD

SuperTrac Control RWD

6-speed manual transmission

SuperTrac Control AWD

SuperTrac Control RWD

Features

GT-S 3.7

• Retractable Moonroof

• ALSSonido Audiophile Sound System

• InSynq Origin SatNav and DVD Navigation System with Voice Command System

• Dual Zone Climate

• LED Rear Brake Lamps, conventional tail/turn/reverse

• P245/40/R19 Sport compound tires on 19 inch “Verilyn Design 5-Spoke” rims

Extra
  • 4.6 second 0-60

• 201MPH top speed

• 22.9 mpg avg

• Front DW, Rear ML suspension

Gallery Exterior

Gallery Drivetrain

VOLARO Group de la España

23 Likes
High performance. High comfort.
Nobility with no bull.

Ready when you are.

For decades, the Ventus Kingsman has represented the pinnacle of our lineup. Blistering speed made affordable, refined further with each passing year. The highest tier yet, the Grand Sport, continues to bring excellent performance balanced with unmatched comfort to the masses. Better still, it represents our dedication to the best we can build in other departments, too.

The 2.1 litre inline-five engine features a turbocharger tuned for exceptional performance, both boasting maximum output rivalling much larger engines, and delivering exceptional fuel economy, achieving over 30 miles per gallon (US) in both manual and automatic configurations. This goal is further achieved by features such as lightweight alloy rims and an incredibly well-engineered interior, crafted for utmost comfort and minimal weight. Of course, this is no economy car — these traits are only natural for such a performance-bred machine. But reliability and fuel efficiency on par with the typical run-of-the-mill sedan, why compromise?

The all-wheel drive system, limited-slip differentials, grippy all-season sport tyres, and adaptive air suspension ensure a smooth ride capable of whatever you ask of it, at any time, under any conditions. If only your coworkers were this dependable. Don't worry, the complimentary maintenance package offered with every Ventus will ensure any faults are taken care of — even if there will no doubt be very few. Confidence in what we do allows you to have confidence in your choice.

Sure, you could just buy a family car with two doors and a big engine, or something less comfortable and reliable, or some ridiculously impractical monster you can hardly deal with. But if you want a true driver's machine, one that does all you ask and is ready for more, one fit for a king?
We'll be ready for when you change your mind.

Additional photos
©2005 Ventus Road Cars LLC, a member of Ting Motor Group
The original placeholder kept for posterity

INCREDIBLY LAME PLACEHOLDER UNTIL MY WIFI STOPS BEING BAD

VENTUS KINGSMAN GRAND SPORT. BUY IT

15 Likes

Nice sound system too image

8 Likes

Partial photo credits go to the GOAT @iivansmith

2005 Bushido SL FUJI R

Specs

• 4.3L V8, producing 410 horsepower
  • Eibach high performance springs, active sway bars and dampers
  • Sparco racing seats
  • Sony premium 16 active speaker head unit
  • Multilink rear suspension
  • Lightweight Aluminum body panels
  • Bushido patented Quadstack exhausts
  • Active cooling system with variable movement
38 Likes

I’ve posted this in discord but forgot to post it here-

due to an earlier irl commitment, Kyorg and I have decided to push reviews back officially until next week. the good news, however, is that due to the delay, I will be able to get a headstart on the 2nd round of reviews, which ultimately means that the instabins/round 1 and round 2 should come out on the same day, or at least very close to one another.

22 Likes

The '06 EU Longnose Coupe body sets may not be for everyone, what with their various shortcomings (only one body style per wheelbase - a 2-door coupe with no provision for a second row of seats, and fewer morphing zones compared to the '05 Mercy and Villain body sets, among others), but you did a great job with it, and created a masterpiece in the process.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s very japanese.

2 Likes

No way what gave you that idea???

not being a smartass just affirming your observation lmao

Much appreciated, abg. Thanks.

12 Likes

Monkey_Puppet

Don’t we all take “inspiration” from “somewhere” :wink: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:thinking:

8 Likes

hmmm wierd indeed…

3 Likes

Me when

9 Likes

These are truly some of the best cars i’ve seen in Automation. Too bad I couldn’t join in because I’m starved for creativity rn.

i think this also beat csr 152 in entries oof ouchie my ego

6 Likes

Speaking of ripoffs, unfortunately this was what inspired me to my headlights:

And it was not intended, but for once I thought some vanilla lights had the style I was going for on a modern car, so I thought why not use them. Unfortunately, it meant that the tail ended up looking like this, without being my intention at all…

Oh well. I was doubtful if I should even enter since I thought my design lacked soul, but some people encouraged me to keep building on it, so well…let’s see how the styling stand up (I know some people have out-engineered me by looking at stats, but that’s another thing). :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I mean hey the more the merrier, especially the convertible crowd!