CSR 162 - Sunset Sporting (FINISHED, Winner Announced!)

Again, remember to PM your .car file to the host. You might also want to remove the file from your post so others who haven’t submitted yet don’t steal your engineering choices. Most of the people here are decent, but why risk it, right?

6 Likes

I already PMd it, yes. And i intentionally submit car files publically, I think they shouldn’t be kept from people. If they want to look at it or steal it, so be it.

8 Likes

th (1)

19 Likes
Introducing the 2005 Clari Rapthon
The new sports car.
Fully electric steering. Have fun with our patented 'Élecécu' steering!
0-100 km/h in only 6.5 seconds.
Fully detachable hard top!
Awesome light weight and comfortable interior seating!
High grip alloy wheels.
Take yours to the track! Aim for the podium with your Clari Rapthon!

2 Likes

2005 Norðwagen Loki GTS 6x4

13 Likes

2005 Cordelia GTT du Chef

In 1980 we gave you the GTT. In 1993 we gave it a new body and ditched the rear seats. In 2005 we are building the whole thing out of lightweight aluminum and increasing the engine displacement.
Sports car enjoyers contain your drool, this is a white-tablecloth establishment.

0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds | Top speed: 190 mph
Engine: 3.4 liter flat six turbo | 344 bhp
Gear selector: Six speed dual clutch
Suspension: “Sportactif” active suspension and stability control
Interior: Cloudberry stained boar leather | Hand carved reaction birch
Starfish™ navigation system | Adaptive mood lighting
Käfigmeister 6+1 sound system | 6-CD stacker

18 Likes

At the heart of the Torrige's design is the front-engine tradition of which Montiel has historically been one of the most authentic and authoritative proponents. This marque culture produces distinctive, highly individual cars that transcend fashion, and is perfectly expressed in the elegant lines and muscular stance of the all-spanish design developed by Batlleiroig. The harmony of the Torrige’s volumes can be properly appreciated from inside the car. It cleverly incorporates space with style – the line of the stunning body was designed to allow two adults to sit comfortably not compromising the compact dimensions of this true sports car. The Torrige’s graceful bodywork reflects the same soft aggressiveness first expressed in the 7200 TG, particularly in the harmonious curve of the roof panel and the rear wings. Again that heritage shines through – the shape of the nose with its historical round shield and panther on the grille. The ’05 is instantly recognisable too, thanks to the new 497 logo. For all its style and class, the Montiel Torrige leaves nothing to chance on safety. The car was designed to meet all advanced EU and USA standards for front and side crash tests, while four airbags (front and sides), seatbelt pre-tensioners and a safety inertia switch which cuts off fuel supply in the event of an impact, offer even greater peace of mind.

While comfort and choice lead the way in creating the finishing touches to your car, you have to look under the skin to find the technology that makes this outstanding vehicle so exciting and unique. The new 4,4l light alloy V8 engine, the Transaxle transmission layout, the 6 speed manual gearbox, SkyTecho suspension, Brembo brakes, traction control and braking by CAN (Controlled Area Network) line – stunning features in any car – all add to the thrill of the new Montiel Torrige. In the ’05, Montiel has managed to further up the technological ante by developing an advanced stability control system in collaboration with Bosch. The MONTIEL STABILITY PROGRAMME (MSP) boasts two modes of intervention and is fitted as standard. MSP integrates the ABS,ASR, MSR and EBD functions by acting on the brakes and engine to help the driver control the vehicle even in the most extreme conditions. The MSP uses several on board sensors: in the wheels, in the steering to detect the steering angle and a yawl sensor which can detect the differences from the ideal trajectory. The double MSP settings are unique to Montiel too and have the aim of allowing the driver to choose the level of intervention by the system, in line with possible and desirable driving conditions.

made by @Tsundere-kun & @vouge

Gallery

33 Likes

No fancy images this time as i worked on this right to the end as i was never really happy with it, didnt have time to have someone take good ones for me)

Introducing the 2005 Aria Motorsports Spiteful S8
Sleek looks, big power, modern technology, and a low weight make the Spiteful a true contender!

Starting at $39,500

CSR162-Bdub1-_AMS_Spiteful_S8.car|attachment (49.0 KB)

6 Likes

24 Hours Remaining

There is now 24 hours remaining to submit your entries. Thus far, I have received submissions from-

Complete Submissions (since last week)-

@toxicnet
@DuceTheTruth100
@Knugcab
@66mazda
@SupraWip
@GassTiresandOil
@Maxfarmrr
@theboxgamer41
@Falling_Comet/@variationofvariables/@Portalkat42/@yurimacs/@SpeedyBoi
@Koviico/@xsneakyxsimx
@Nolan_Cables
@Chaedder
@bang6111
@Vento
@Maverick74
@Ananas
@Djadania
@moroza
@iivansmith/@Oreology
@vouge/@Tsundere-kun
@bdub1

Ads, but no .car file-

@landroverjustice

If you don’t see your name on this list, please tell me.

Countdown Timer

15 Likes

2005 SOMERVELL SBP SWITCHBLADE

A collaboration with @debonair0806

The Somervell brand, long the “Original Maverick” of American car manufacturers, shocked the world 1992 when they introduced the Switchblade. The premium light sports car followed in the design and luxury tradition of mighty cars such as the Condor and the Siridar - but in a unique light mid-engine format that broke the mold in all ways. The Switchblade’s significance rested in its supremely modern and high-revving V4 engine, which premiered in the supremely popular Somervell Sinclair compact sedan; the legacy of that engine was cemented in the mid-engined sports car, which filled the market void left by a certain other American light sports car.

In 2001, Somervell invested into its image further by allowing lightning to strike twice. The new Switchblade was something of an 80% overhaul: While made from stronger steel, the monocoque remained largely the same, but the styling, interior and amenities were overhauled entirely. One interesting and significant modification was the deletion of the rear glass partition in favor of a removable soundproof engine cover, allowing a third (crispy) major storage space - in addition to the trunk and the frunk - in the Switchblade. Cooling airflow pathways were also overhauled, with high=placed intake and extraction venting replacing lower-body ducting.

Now, the 2005 facelift brings yet another change: The addition of an all-new high-performance (SBP) model to the line-up. The SBP Switchblade features wider directional tires made of exclusive soft summer compound on weather-protected magnesium wheels; a magnetically-actuated semi-active damping sports suspension; sports double-barrel exhaust; multipiston sports brakes; standard torque-sensing differential; and every luxury feature the standard Switchblade boasts, including a hideaway navigation screen.

Oh, and the engine is blown with a low-pressure, non-intercooled system designed to accentuate its high-revving ferocity, and is good for 300 horsepower. Displacement is punched out to 2.5 liters by using plasma-arc-coated piston walls in place of the customary iron liners. With low mass and high response, this engine is out to steal your lunch money. The reinforced close-ratio, six-speed gearbox puts the power down ferociously to achieve 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, on to a top speed north of 180… All while the car boasts over 27 mpg in fuel economy.

The Somervell SBP Switchblade has power everything. It has a long wheelbase and well-regulated wishbone-based suspension for amazing stability even as the shaped underbody enhances grip. And with the V4, it has a unique soundtrack to die for. All in all, the Switchblade is a no-lose proposition.

29 Likes
38 Likes

The Montiel Torrige is not the first (or only) car here to be based on any variant of the newly introduced '92 Evade body sets - but it’s not only one of the best-looking cars built on that basis, it’s also one of your best efforts, period, especially since taking a curvaceous early '90s body set and giving it everything needed to make it remain fresh for the mid-00s requires a lot of skill. It may or may not be coincidence that the Torrige is one missing letter away from sharing its name with a contemporary WWE Superstar (who would definitely look good posing next to or even driving it regardless), but it certainly has more than enough presence and pace to be the undisputed champion of its ultra-competitive class, at least on paper.

3 Likes

2005 Tioro Tanaro, a naturally-aspirated V8 premium grand touring sports car. A collaboration between iivansmith and Oreology.

A collaboration between @iivansmith and @Oreology

A collaboration between @iivansmith and @Oreology

Specifications
  • Full Glued Aluminum Monocoque Chassis, Partial Aluminum Body Panels
  • Front-Mid Longitudinal Layout, Double Wishbones Front, Multi-Link Rear
  • Naturally-Aspirated 3.8L DOHC 5V 90° Cross-Plane Aluminum-Silicon Alloy V8
  • 6-Speed RWD Manual with Helical-Type Limited Slip Differential
  • Sports Compound Tyres, P245/40R Fronts, P295/35R Rears, 19" Alloy Rims
  • 370mm Vented Discs 2-Piston Caliper Front, 320mm 1-Piston Vented Discs Rear, Soft Pads
  • Advanced Dynamic Chassis Control with Adaptive Dampers, Semi-Active Sway Bars, Electric Steering

• 200mph Limited Top Speed
  • 4.1s 0-62mph Acceleration
  • 12.2s 1/4mi Quarter Mile Time
  • 1.07G 20m Cornering Radius, 1.02G 200m Cornering Radius
  • 35.6m 62-0mph Braking Distance
  • 0.30Cd Coefficient of Drag
  • 20.6 MPG (US) / 11.4 L/100km Premium 95 RON / 91 AKI
  • 1244.4kg Total Vehicle Weight, 52.3F / 47.7R Weight Distribution
  • 375hp @ 7200rpm, 428Nm @ 5600rpm, 7600rpm redline
Gallery

56 Likes

I would enter my Velocity V8 into this contest but I don’t have an early 2000 model of the car

Man I wish these cars were real sadge.

2 Likes

Now that’s a proper work of art! I suspect you took one of the '05 Mercy body sets as a base, distorted it with strategically placed body molding fixtures, and went from there, before assembling a well-crafted interior using various fixtures from the assorted interior parts mod pack (specifically, the ones which resemble the dashboard and door cards from the FD RX-7), to create an extremely cohesive package.

2 Likes

I know wonder how many people picked the mercy '05 body xD.

Most of the entrants who opted for an FR layout did, and I was among them. It’s likely because, much like the earlier (and more recently introduced) '92 Evade, its versatility lends itself well to a wide range of basic shapes and genres.

that’s the jaguar f type body

Thanks for the correction. I’ve also realized that the '05 Villain body set fulfills a similar purpose to the '05 Mercy, but whereas the latter is almost entirely made of smooth curves from front to rear, the former’s basic shape mixes curves and creases, so you had a valid reason to prefer the Villain over the Mercy.