CSR 163 - Spontaneous Tomfoolery, Begin! [SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED]

I went to the trouble of copying the main sheet, with each one showing the stats for a different potential entry - a worthwhile step for anyone unsure as to exactly what they want to enter here, if they have at least two options available.

Did I miss a techpool limit?

2 Likes

monter tuck?

What is your view on interior judging here? I can see not caring about them in a normal CSR, but sometimes the interior is a big part of the car’s quirkiness. Look at any pre 90s Citroën just to have a still rather common and relateable example.

I’m not sure if Jazz wants an actual monster truck - there’s already another challenge for that here.

They wouldn’t be required, although a particularly quirky 3D-fixture interior would grant a small bonus if fitted.

Hello, I’ve been away for a bit, had to deal with some IRL shenanigans. I will quickly answer some questions now, and then I’ve something to post and once that’s done, I will officially open up the round for a month!

If it looks road legal, I’ll accept it. I will however require you to set the suspension height as high as you possibly can or until the game bugs out before you resort to Advanced Trim Settings.

Interiors will be included in the judgement if it’s a part of the design. A car where most of the quirk comes from engineering and exterior design side, it’s pretty much a bonus if you add them and won’t really be judged. If what you’re doing is partially or fully dependent on the interior, then yes it will be weighed during the overall design judgement. Whether or not you need the interior is your own call. Ofc, anyone is free to consult with me beforehand.

Technically, correct. A full blown monster truck by itself and no changes made to it is a shit car to own for any of the usecases. But if it had say… adjustable suspensions or a way to use its height as an advantage… you get the idea.

1 Like

Final Notes, Opening the Round and Sample Submission Style

Some last words before I open up the round

If you’re thinking HEY deliberations ended like 2 days ago, then you’d be correct. However I’ve been a bit busy with some IRL stuff. Google Bangladesh Government if you’re curious. Returning to the country for a bit was absolutely worth it to be a part of this.

Want to thank everyone who helped me find out the issues with the calculator and asked many questions about what and how to submit cars in order to make the challenge more accessible and interesting for everyone.

I had not a lot of expectations for this one and was on the fence about hitting the post button, but it has been rather great and I am grateful for that.

AH!

Nearly all of you have YET to notice something that I have not talked about in this round, that’s usually mandated in other CSR’s or just most other rounds in general. TLDR, I’m allowing the use of different alternatives in this case, and unless it makes zero sense for your particular car, you won’t get dinged.

Obviously I won’t reveal it, and I suggest others to not reveal it as well once you realize what it is, so it stays interesting.

Submissions Are Opening!!!

Here we go, from this point on, CSR 163 Submissions are open.

One small change I’m allowing myself before I do so, you’ll be allowed A SINGLE RESUBMISSION before deadline finishes. 3 Resubs was way too generous and ambitious.

Submission Deadline: September 6, 2024. 12 AM (UTC+10)

Naming Convention: CSR 163 - [forum username] as the Engine Family and Car Model name.

Engine Variant and Car Trim are free.

Extensions: In case of entry droughts or delays caused by late deliberation or update patches, there will be extensions provided as necessary.

LINK TO THE USED CAR PRICE CALCULATOR

Sample Submission

IMPORTANT: This is roughly the bare minimum I expect from people both in terms of the build and the ad. Like I cooked both the writeup and the car itself up in 30 mins. Surely this much effort is warranted at least. And no you don't have to have a huge word count. Just explain the gimmick to me dammit

Selling a 1994 Tegaru Ninja Nomad

Selling my beloved 1994 Tegaru Ninja Nomad. A truly unique super-compact camper van with minimal footprint, packed with practical features for your off-grid adventures.

Under the hood lies a fuel-efficient 1.3L three-cylinder engine mated to a 5 speed manual transmission, delivering an impressive 5.9 liters per 100 kilometers fuel economy - perfect for those extended journeys into the wilderness where gas stations are few and far between.

With a pop-top roof that’s not just stylish but also insulated, you can stargaze in comfort as you unwind after a day of exploration. Two convenient rear doors provide easy access to the cabin for those late-night campfire sessions or impromptu adventures.

This particular example is also equipped with the rare Manual Locking Diff option so you won’t have a hard time with mud provided you don’t drown in it since it’s so small.

Great for parking around in tight spaces. Used it as a daily, parts don’t break easily and they’re really cheap to fix or replace. Great for highways as well since it gets up to speed in 10 seconds. Fits me in the back, albeit it’s not ideal but I’m a small person and I can make it work just fine.

Used to cost not so much when new, but now it holds a bit of a reputation in the JDM community for being such an oddity. Only asking $3200 for this one, light wiggle room for negotiations.

Send me a text if you’re interested, will not respond to messages asking if it’s available. Cheers!

And that is all. If I’ve missed anything at all, give me a shout pls thanks bye.

21 Likes

Would you accept fake convertibles if the particular body has no convertible option and someone decided to cut the roof off?

It could be accepted, with the ad stating that it was an aftermarket conversion and not an official one.

I wish this question was asked earlier. Give me a day or two to figure out how to balance this in the calculator. Assume I will allow it however.

Just to be on the same page, do you mean permanently chopping off the roof and adding a DIY T/Targa top thing or a proper convertible conversion where you have a mechanically controlled roof?

This question made me think of another question.

How would it be felt if I were for example use a convertible body, choose the “manual softtop” selection in game and then just have the car as an open roadster with no actual roof at all

1 Like

If you’re gonna do an open roof roadster with nothing up top like a Merc Stirling Moss or Lambo Aventador J, you’re not even required to go for the convertible option/bodies, period. Not in my books. Why bring yourself extra stats torture lmao

1 Like

Does this mean you’re going to manually demerit stuff that seems less daily-able due to a speedster config?

I was thinking of landau conversions etc. of car bodies which don’t have a convertible. It would not be automatic, more like a manual softtop or hardtop to put on when it rains…

I will accept it, there will be a penalization for that. Let me get back to this in a day or two and I’ll sort it out.

More or less. This’ll just be a consideration during the judging for being a speedster than having its own scaling, since it’s literally roofless as opposed to having a DIY or makeshift one.

UPDATE

@AndiD and anyone else looking to submit DIY roof chopped convertible conversions, I will manually demerit cars like these as adding one more variable to the calculator would just complicate it for a lot of other people trying to use it.

How I’ll distribute the penalizations:

Professional Quality Conversion: ≥+6 trim quality and ≥+2 interior quality

Amateur Quality Conversion: ≥+4 trim quality ≥+1 interior quality

Poor Quality Conversion: ≤+2 trim quality

*Subject to change

• Environmental Resistance:

• Professional: -10%

• Amateur: -20%

• Poor: -30%

• Comfort:
  1. Manual Soft Top:
  • Professional: -15%
  • Amateur: -20%
  • Poor: -25%
  1. Manual Hard Top:
  • Professional: -10%
  • Amateur: -15%
  • Poor: -20%

Complete Open Tops/Speedsters: Will be judged subjectively, since that’s a completely different niche of cars.

3 Likes
Oni "lore"

Since this is technically the first post from this new company I have, I’ll introduce it a bit. Back in the 70s Zephorus was running into issues with producing all kinds of cars, how could it retain it’s prestige while making economy and commuter cars? Thus an offbranch was formed, to take care of all the lower prestige (and quality) cars, to allow Zephorus to keep producing sports and super cars.

ahem this should solve a lot of my issues of “Zephorus shitbox” that can’t really exist. Now they can!

ONI

For Sale: 1999 Oni Tachi 200 - Rare Classic Sports Car

Price: $18,677

Description:

Up for sale is a rare 1999 Oni Tachi 200, a stunning classic sports car that combines sleek design with thrilling performance. This hardly seen Oni is a head-turner, boasting a streamlined body and mid-engine layout that pays homage to the golden age of supercars. The story goes that Oni “borrowed” some engineers from Zephorus to attempt 200mph with 200hp, all while keeping fuel efficiency better than other sports cars of the time. A remarkable feat of engineering that was ahead of its time, unfortunately too expensive to mass produce.

Having test driven the car for the advertisement photos, it’s excellent on the twisty mountain roads and doesn’t hurt your wallet when you go to fill it up afterwards. Surprisingly practical, and no end of attention when you park it up.

Key Features:

• Engine: Torquey 2.0 inline 6 Turbo delivering 207 horsepower.
  • Performance: 0-60 mph in just 4.66 seconds, with a top speed of over 200 mph.
  • Economy: 60mpg+ (4.59L/100km) combined, even while driving spiritedly
  • Transmission: 6-speed manual, perfect for driving enthusiasts.
  • Condition: Well-maintained, with original paint and interior in excellent condition.
  • Mileage: Low mileage for its age – only 35,000 miles.
  • Ownership: Clean title, no accidents, and always garage kept.

Additional Details:

• Torque: 342 Nm peak, providing a responsive and thrilling driving experience.
  • Weight: Near-perfectly distributed 742kgs at 44/56 balance for superior handling and cornering.
  • Adjustable Suspension: Adaptive dampers to provide the best driving feel, no matter the situation.
  • Rare Model: Limited production run, making this car a collector’s dream.

Special Features:

• Streamlined: Hidden headlight and windscreen washers. Flush handles, special gullwing doors and glass roofline. Detachable rear wheel aero covers.
  • Luggage Space: Front & Rear storage space.
  • Ultra lightweight: Complete fibreglass bodyshell, lightweight aluminium chassis, magnesium wheels and alcantara interior.
  • Drag: A claimed 0.181Cd and 0.243m of frontal area.

If you’re looking for a classic sports car with timeless appeal and exhilarating performance, the Oni Tachi 200 is for you. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of automotive history!

Contact Information:

• Message me for more details or to schedule a test drive.
  • Serious inquiries only, please.
  • I may give out the car file after the competition is done.

Extras

ONI

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Actual model may change in final submission.

30 Likes

Reminds me a lot of the VW XL1 but better

3 Likes

I’m thinking of entering something along the same lines, but with the focus more firmly on cornering and even lighter weight than outright top speed.

2 Likes

Can you fix the post title to show that entries are now open?

2 Likes