CSR147 - Out and In the Open

1987 Régal 262c Sport

Welcome to FUNLAND!

The 262c is the 2nd generation of performance luxury car from Régal, and the first cabriolet version. This second gen also sees the introduction of the optional 4RM all-wheel drive system, which is not included in this version - a Sport package is however included.

This fully featured cabrio includes powered windows and soft top retracting into a rear compartment to keep it hidden, molded leather seats and very high quality premium interior, alloy wheels and the most advanced safety features on the market.

In terms of performance, this car has it all. Inside the bonnet is one of the smoothest inline 6 engine on the market, producing 180hp and 200lb-ft at 2.8L. It is mated with a 4-speed automatic transmission that still retains a very sporty feel. The suspension includes front and rear double wishbones and it still tuned to be very comfortable but provides a ton of grip.

Large vented front disc and solid rear disc combined with ABS and a smooth suspension keeps the car into full control at any speed, which can go up to 133mph. The performance is clearly there - it can even reach 60mph in a bit over 8 seconds and can corner over 1g.

The styling is very clean and classical, and the cabrio edition allows you to enjoy driving under any weather conditions. This is the ultimate personal performance luxury package. Available in many colors (Cirrus Azure shown).

Gallery

12 Likes
28 Likes

When it comes down to it, performance will be compared to the other competitors, yes, but cars that wildly outperform what was actually available at the time will suffer heavily in the realism department and are unlikely to go far. I will continue to recommend considering the inspirations as the bounds of what they are looking for.

4 Likes

With that in mind, I am seriously considering a “third option” for my entry - a nice middle ground between my budget build and the two high-end proposals.

Introducing the 1987 Marina Ember

Oh yes, pop up headlights. Who doesn’t like them?

Under that hood is a 2.5L naturally aspirated V6 with enough power to challenge an M3’s acceleration, but it’s not an all-out performance engine so the service costs are still reasonable.

Make no mistake, however, the Ember is a sports car, first and foremost. You’ll notice that from its sharp handling, the 5-speed manual with short throws and the nice growl from that V6 engine. You’ll hear the engine nice and clear even with the roof up, but with the roof down you’ll be exposed to its exhaust note even more.

Inside, you get standard features and standard materials but attention was paid to the design and colour of everything. A lot of surfaces (including the seats) are lined with cloth and some are plastic, only the steering wheel and gear knob are lined with leather. But despite the relatively simple material choice, the interior as a whole can still hold its own against cars of a similar price class.

Speaking of price, all of this performance and style can be yours for exactly 30,000$.

6 Likes
1987 AT Stellar-S, the shining blue star of the road

1987 AT Stellar-S, the shining blue star on the road. It is powered by our 1st Gen Valkyrie T-I4 engines, it could make around 190hp and more than 300Nm of torque. It's also paired with our newest electronic controlled 4 speed gearbox, thanks to it, it has a 0-100 km/h in just 8.8 secs and a top speed of around 240km/h. It also have a premium interior paired with the newest entertainment system providing you a prefect ride with cruising on the road, thanks to it's full double wishbone suspension system and variable power steering, it provides the driver an excellent driving experience just as well as it's comfort. Finally, AT Stellar-S only cost you under $30k with all those new and fancy technology, so why not coming and get one for you and your loved ones for a fun adventure?

It is now available in many colours including AT-blue, Wine red, and bright yellow. You could find it on our website and dealerships around you;

AT-motors.com/view/Stellar-S

AT motors, we can (not) make gud cars
17 Likes

Submissions have been paused due to the latest update. All submitted entries may resubmit later. The final due date will be pushed back a yet to be determined amount.

5 Likes

My car hasn’t been broken as a result of the recent update, which is nice to know. The Export button, however, is ghosted - but only in the Car Designer screen from the main menu; I can still export the .car file from the Summary tab in the designer.

Open Top Motoring for a New Age.

First introduced in 1986, the Garuda is Hinode’s flagship two-door coupe, fitted with the best and latest that the company has to offer. Though primarily designed for the Japanese market, Hinode decided to export the Garuda to the United States to gauge customer response on a Hinode-branded luxury grand tourer.

In an effort to further appeal to American consumers (and also experiment some more), Hinode hired BGST Design to create a convertible version of the Garuda. The resulting car, which had a powered soft-top, was launched in the US market in 1987, alongside the standard coupe version. While Japanese versions had engines ranging in size from two litres to a three litres, the American cars were only offered with a naturally aspirated three-litre engine producing 200hp. A five-speed manual is standard while a 4-speed automatic is available as an option.

Being a showcase of Hinode’s latest technology, the Garuda is available with the Hinographic Touch Control Interface, an early touchscreen system that controls everything from the radio to air conditioning. In keeping with the high-tech theme, the Garuda also comes with a digital gauge cluster although analog gauges are also available. The driver is encased by the fighter jet-like dashboard, with all controls within easy reach. Cloth seats are standard and leather seats are available as a no-cost option.

© 1987 Hinode of America, Inc.

30 Likes

Even though my entry is based on the Opel Manta body which was totally revamped in the update, it still looks fine to me. I guess that I don’t have to remake that car then as long as you can import it?

I love this car! I want to buy it! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes
Zephorus Autos

Presents
1987 Bretta SL

Extras + Interior

Specifications

2.5L V6 with 174hp N/A
5spd Manual going to the front wheels
1291kgs dry weight
139mph top speed, with 0 to 60 done in 7.86s

It’s a red Italian sports car, what more do you need?

posting an ad while csr is being put on hold nice one
21 Likes

Submissions are re-opened. Changes in the patch are not significant enough for major concern. Due date pushed back 24 hours.

@MisterRocketMan @Knugcab @Petakabras @Edsel @TheTom @T0M you are free to resubmit. @Knugcab @Petakabras even though your cars are on an old, hidden body, I can still open them just fine. All of you can still submit on that body if you’d like, or start over on the new version, or make a whole new car if you want. Basically, everyone tagged here, I’m going to treat it as though you have not yet submitted, unless I don’t get a new .car before the deadline, in which case i’ll proceed with judging what was sent.

2 Likes

1987 Collis Celer

Cabrio Limited

The heart of a luxury cruiser.
The spirit of a GT.

Performance: Powerful yet smooth 300 HP engine, sub-7 second 0-100 dash, limited 240 km/h top speed. Always lead, never be left behind.

Driving experience: Electronic auto gearbox, LSD, ABS, Power Steering. Easy driving all day long.

Comfort: Luxury interior to call home, ride like on a cloud with the hydropneumatic suspension, automatic soft-top.

Style: European influenced, modern, sporty design with a hint of luxury and elegance. This car is sure to turn heads with its Magic Night paint scheme and leather seat inserts with complementary colour.

You bring the nice weather and we bring the smiles!

10 Likes

300 HP in 1987-ish? Holy moly!

That would have set the world record back then, beating the 87 champion, the Grand National/GNX.

Ehh, this is more of an M5 equivalent, and straddles the E28 and E34 in performance (282 hp for the former and 311 hp for the latter). Both had I6 engines, just like the Celer (although smaller than mine, so specific output is actually lower for the Celer). So I don’t think it’s unrealistic for what the car purports to be. You could argue that the inspiration pics include the 3-series and the M5 is a bit much for the ladies, but it fits the rules, so :person_shrugging:. Collis says go big or go home.

PS, not to derail the thread, but I am curious: world record for what? Champion of what?

2 Likes

1987 WM Welland

Part Sports Car, Part Grand Tourer, All Style.

Performance: 0-60 mph in 7.5 seconds and a top speed of nearly 150 mph, courtesy of a 200-bhp 3-liter twin-cam 24-valve straight six driving the rear wheels via a 5-speed manual gearbox (4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission optional) and viscous limited-slip differential. 4-wheel independent suspension (with dual wishbones front and rear) is tuned for a balance between sportiness and comfort, while 4-wheel vented disc brakes provide ample stopping power courtesy of our anti-lock system.

Amenities: The convertible comes with a hidden automatic power-operated soft top that can be raised or lowered with a press of a button on the center console. All trims have a full premium interior with genuine leather trim (available in a wide range of colors), plus variable-ratio hydraulic power steering for an easier drive. In addition to these, A high-quality sound system with 4 speakers, AM/FM radio, digital clock and a tape deck also comes as standard. Advanced safety systems (including a driver’s side airbag) help improve crashworthiness.

Design: With its clean, sporty and, aerodynamic shape, the Welland is guaranteed to leave nothing but positive impressions wherever it goes, cutting through the air with ease. Glass headlight covers and streamlined mirrors provide improved aero efficiency, especially when combined with the optional color-coded body kit that includes a discreet front spoiler, a small rear lip spoiler, and side skirts. Standard-fit 15" cast aluminum alloy wheels along with a contrasting lower body pinstripe help complement the sleek styling.

Prices for the Welland 3.0 Convertible shown start at $31,000 AMU. Please call your nearest dealer for further details on availability and pricing.

6 Likes

1987 Somervell Sinclair Convertible

Cimarron who?
Four liters more choking
I literally recycled a car that failed CSR144

Ever wondered what would happen if a 1980s compact domestic luxury car was any good? Well, wonder no more. The Sinclair was built on the same compact platform as the Arlington Airacruiser and Foxbat: diagonal-arm rear suspension, longitudinal front-drive engine mount, the lot. The difference lied in some fine, yet important details.

The Sinclair was chromed and plushed to the max, even featuring a rare 80s example of retro styling with its massive grill (60% headlamp cover, 40% actual grill that the Airacruiser was never supposed to have). The Arlington overhead-cam inlines were thrown out in favor of a 4-liter, 90-degree, port-injected V6 making close to 170 horsepower - and an airbag, digital display and complex array of sound system controls all made the car’s interior comprehensively and formidably modern, despite the false woodgrain trim. The convertible got an automatic top and a 110-mph limiter alongside with the “black with indigo pearl” optional color. This was damn near all the tech Somervell had access to at the time rolled into a compact city chassis, and it showed in various fun ways - like the full car weighing significantly more than a V8 Foxhound muscle car. At least you got ABS to try and stop it.

Stats
Model Year....................................................................................................1987
Make.....................................................................................................Somervell
Engine...........................................................240 CID V6 OHV 12v MPFI 169 hp
Transmission.............................................4-speed automatic console-shifted
Drivetrain.................................................FWD Longitudinal 3.55:1 Final Drive
Chassis...................................................................................Unibody 103.94 in
Dimensions (L/W)....................................................................182.30 in/67.74 in
Weight.....................................................................................................3255 lbs
Front Suspension......................................................................Short/Long Arm
Rear Suspension....................................................................Semi-Trailing Arm
Wheels.............................................Alloy 15-inch; R205/70 front and rear tires
Brakes....................................Steel disc, 2-piston front (vented), 2-piston rear
Retail Price................................................................................................$34,900
Performance
0-62 Acceleration..........................................................................................9.2 s
Top Speed................................................................................................111 mph
62-0 braking...................................................................................................134 ft
200ft skidpad grip.......................................................................................0.79 g
1/4 mile time..............................................................................................16.99 s
Fuel Economy (Combined, EPA).........................................................20.7 mpg

14 Likes

FMC would like you two to test drive the new-for '87 Colibri L250 Sport.

All Colibri models feature a fully independent suspension, sport-tuned shocks, a durable corrosion-resistant chassis and partial-aluminum unit-body construction. The Colibri will last.

The powertrain is a sophisticated, yet refined combination of a 2.5L SOHC Inline-6 with 160HP, a 5-speed manual transmission, and a limited-slip rear differential.

This version of Colibri boasts the Fun and Sun package which includes:

*Automatic soft-top convertible roof
*205/60R-15H Performance tires on 15x6 aluminum mesh wheels
*4-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS
*Premium leather two-tone interior with real wood accents

The Colibri by FMC.

Be Free!

10 Likes

1987 DURENDAL HAVANA CONVERTIBLE

(Totally not a Riviera/SeVille)

You’ve Arrived

Introduce Yourself

Treat yourself to the epitome of American luxury. The Durendal Havana returns for 1987 with one of the smoothest rides you will ever feel. Luxurious appointments abound inside and out. Durendal’s 4.4 liter V8 also delivers smooth power and increased fuel economy with its new Port Fuel Injection.

Yours for $36,800.

17 Likes