CSR149: Take Me Away (Complete)

CSR149 is now open!

Entries close on the 7th September 2022 @ 12pm GMT, use this time to make your entry to the best of your ability but most importantly have fun!

6 Likes
  • Coupe, Fastback or Convertible (Targa, or full) are acceptable, the only exception is two-door cars classed as saloon in-game despite their name saying “coupe” (Example shown below), anything else will not be valid. Chad is used to 5 doors with his Bass VSR, but does not mind the dream car having less. Although if you intend to use a body with 4 doors and convert it to 2 doors it will be binned.

Is converting a coupe into a convertible allowed? I expect not, given the ban on 4->2door conversions, and that actual convertible bodies come with a considerable cost & weight penalty (depending on roof choice, which you don’t get in this case). A 3d fixture convertible would skirt those.
Example:
unconvertible

There are other bodies that are only available as 2-door coupes, such as the '89 Z15A/Z16A 3000GT/GTO body (both sizes), and the small (2.15m wheelbase) version of the C4 Corvette-esque body.

Yep, that won’t be allowed because of the stat impact it has versus a convertible in-game :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I remember an identical rule being enforced in CSR 147 (the one about all kinds of convertibles and nothing else), since making a coupe look like a convertible was (and still is) considered cheating due to the fact that it does not affect a car’s stats in any way.

More dumb questions but I have to know.

I assume you’re not going to allow I3s in place of “rotaries”

If you can make it work, sure! I don’t know but if they can make enough power to be fake rotary, I guess it can make sense?

Also let me know in lore/post if you do intend on it your car having fake rotary to avoid confusion :ok_hand:

On further thinking, it would be too overcomplicated and the stats of a 1.3L I3 might be bad compared to everything else. So fake rotaries is a no-go!

4 Likes

On top of that, even a particularly good triple will be a poor substitute for a decent four- or six-cylinder engine.

Also, you seem to have missed this little detail: cars sold in the UK must have rear-facing red fog lamps (either from the factory or as a retrofit), as stated here:

As for me, I have four candidates for an entry, all costing exactly (or nearly) $40k AMU each, and rear-drive with either a straight-six or V8 engine up front - I just need to decide which one suits me the most.

3 Likes

This is a good point, and further to that:

Including retro-fitting to cars unless MOT exempt, rear fog will be required then, I will put this in the rules as a reasonable addition.

1 Like

I know abg loves to get into these very prescriptive rules but how many not the weeds are we going here? A lot of newer cars will have the fog lights hidden into the rear light cluster or in one of the reversing light holders.

As other light rules for the UK, reversing lights won’t actually be needed for the ages in this challenge

And not all cars will need side repeaters

As another aside will we be penalised if we don’t follow seatbelt rules exactly.

3 Likes

I have a feeling at this point with the text limit being 35k and me being in and out of the limit with each edit, I won’t make any more adjustments.

On that note though I won’t be too strict on the ones shown above, if it’s missing seatbelts, side indicators and reversing lights on your inspiration, then that makes sense to do so on yours, and so on.

I’ll leave it up to the player to use reasonable judgement on what is and isn’t needed, and try be lenient on things like that, after-all I don’t want it to be too hard to enjoy the process with there being already an extreme loading of rules! :joy:

You can always send a question my way if you feel something about your design might be scrutinised about beyond the listed rules!

7 Likes

1970 ARMOR HURRICANE S/C 303

The Super-Competition badge first appeared on Armor cars in 1963 for vehicles specifically designated for drag racing. By the end of the '60’s, however, the Super-Comp badge was used for a wide array of performance optioned cars by Armor Motors.

The 1970 Hurricane S/C 303 was built to homologate the Armor Hurricane for Trans Am racing. The Super-Comp option included a host of performance upgrades, as well as spoilers, stripes, and a functional shaker hood scoop.

This particular S/C 303 was originally brought over by an American Army officer while he was stationed in Germany during the Vietnam War. He unfortunately passed away during his station, and the car changed hands a couple times before I purchased it in 1994. Since then I have done a lot of research on it and I have restored it to original condition inside and out.

This is a somewhat rare car. Paint is the original G5 code Gulf Orange, with an original Deluxe Parchment interior (most Gulf Orange cars had black interior). It also has an M-20 wide ratio 4-speed transmission with a 3.42 TractionLock rear. Supposedly it was one of the few American cars in the day that could keep up on the Autobahn.

This car was meticulously restored about ten years ago. Since then I have only driven it sparingly. It runs, drives, stops, and presents perfectly. Runs on 98 RON very well, but needs a lead additive for the valve seats. I keep a bottle in the trunk just in case. You can replace the valve seats with hardened ones from later engines, but I never took the heads apart and didn’t want to mess with it.

I’m getting older and my knees won’t let me drive stick too well anymore. I hate to see her go but she deserves to be enjoyed. Open to offers.

More Pics

14 Likes

FOR SALE: 1997 Ibis Red Tail GT8

Need to get rid of my '97 Red Tail, looking for decent offers. To answer the obvious: Yes, it’s a genuine '97. Apparently the first owner couldn’t wait until '99 when they finally built the export version in RHD, so you’re sitting on the wrong side of the car. As for the rest of the car, its got the base engine (yes, a 4.6L V8) and the six speed. The Red Tail was originally built to be a premium muscle car above the “plebian” Camaro/Firebird/Mustang, and it was the only offering for years with an independent rear suspension instead of the “Murrikan” live axle—yeah, it’s trailing arm but they were trying God bless 'em. The blue is the factory colour, and so’s the bonnet. They apparently came from the factory in black with the “sport” package and the scoops. No clue why they painted it black instead of the blue, but it’s apparently a thing across the pond. And, yes, the side pipes are factory. Brilliant sound, good condition overall.

5 Likes

1988 Escudo Portio Spyder V6 Special Edition

This luscious Portuguese convertible comes equipped with a 3.0L Naturally-aspirated V6 producing 244 horsepower and 225 ft-lb.

This red raving roaster will cost you: $33,540 (price counts for MOT, Emissions tax, and Engine size tax. $16,770 after division by 2)

13 Likes

For Sale: 1995 SVP Hellblazer GT 4.2

The SVP Hellblazer has been the company’s flagship sports car since 1960. The example shown here is a fourth-generation model from 1995, finished in a nice pearl-metallic color called Malibu Blue. Other colors for this generation included Santa Monica Red, Palos Verdes Green Metallic, Mulholland Black, Venice Violet Metallic, Sunset Red Metallic, Marina Blue Metallic, Hollywood Silver Metallic, Crestline White, and Catalina Yellow.

This example is an official RHD import for the British market, complete with rear fog lights. During the model’s lifespan from its launch in 1994 (as a 1995 model) to its discontinuation in 2002, approximately 1,000 examples were officially sold in the UK. The GS was the base model, with the GT shown here adding leather trim and an upgraded stereo incorporating a CD player/changer in addition to a cassette tape player.

Under the bonnet is an all-alloy, dual-overhead-camshaft, 32-valve 90-degree V8 developing 345 horsepower at 6,600 rpm and 295.4 foot-pounds of torque at 5,500 rpm, with a rev limiter set at 7,000 rpm. All this grunt goes to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox (with top gear functioning as an overdrive) and a mechanical limited-slip differential.

Braking is handled by ventilated discs at all four wheels - 365mm units with 2-piston calipers up front, and 335mm items with 1-piston calipers at the rear. ABS is standard on all trim levels, ensuring excellent stopping power all day long, without any risk of fade.

Suspension is by an independent double wishbone set-up at the front and a multi-link configuration in the rear, tuned to provide a sporty driving experience without sacrificing too much comfort (and hence daily usability). Wheels are cast alloy 18-inch items wrapped in high-performance tires for improved grip.

Contemporary road testers praised the Hellblazer’s performance, noting that it provided a tempting alternative to the usual European and Asian import rivals, but with excellent value for money, thanks to a relatively low price of $40,000 AMU in 1995.

Today, clean examples of the fourth-gen Hellblazer are sought-after by enthusiasts and collectors alike. Harking back to a simpler time when cars were less complicated than they are now, it serves as a reminder that not all progress is beneficial.

I have meticulously maintained this example ever since I first bought it back in 1995, and since then, I have been its sole owner - until now. I am moving to America in a month’s time, and must sell this glorious car to finance my move. Asking 20k GBP or best offer.

8 Likes

1996 Huwonja Magnica GS5
216hp @8,200RPM (RG6C3 30V Inline-six engine)
MULTIPEG EFI System
COSMOS EGPS Media Entertaiment System
Cream leather and Ceras Grey combined twin-tone interior
KR import costs and fees handled by third-party KDM importer located in UK

Asking about £18,000 ONO. Car is in great shape.

Lore:

The Huwonja Magnica (ZRG30 designated chassis code) is the third generation of Magnica since 1976. It is a family of premium, or even luxurious sports coupe that were sold in Korea, but also America for the first and second generation.
This generation of Magnica recieved the RG6 family engine, with variant C3, which was derived from two inline-three engines used previously by Huwonja Rally Team (HRT) in use for the 1993 Huwonja ST-3 rally hatchback (sadly never in use for a real race)

Details of the original inline-three engine were lost to time; but the specification of the two 1.25 litre engines amounting to 2.5 litres for the RG6C3 became a formidable engine applied in both luxury and sports uses.

The COSMOS (Car Operation and Systems of Machine Ordinated Satellites) was one of the first in-car GPS systems alongside light control ability of media and damper settings that would control the entire car. HTDST (Huwonja Toggleable Damper and Safety Systems) controlled the dampers, with four settings from Comfort, Medium, Sports, and Sports+.

Huwonja recalled the ZRG30 Magnica for pop-up headlights not activating during high speed driving, but rectified this across all models with a manual crank inside the cabin for emergency deployment of headlights. Thankfully, no other known issues at the time of writing have been discovered yet, aside from the regular wear and tear such as the COSMOS system occasionally slipping back into Korean language settings instead of English as selected. The simple solution to this is to set it back into EN from KR. All Magnica shipped with Kimkook tyres as standard.

13 Likes

Greg's Premium Used Motors

Yorkshire, England

For Sale: 1986 Svensson SV20 turbo X

• Imported from Sweden for official sale in UK
  • 400 limited units worldwide, only 80 in UK, LHD-exclusive
  • 50,000 miles, one female owner
  • All-original parts and complete service records
  • 2.8 Inline-6 Turbo producing 246 hp
  • All-wheel drive with LSD
  • Premium stereo and 16 inch wheels

£15,900 OBO
Contact us via phone, e-mail or WhatsApp for more info.

11 Likes

Maybe something for the classic car shows… 1973 Veloce Canneloni GTA

1973 Veloce Canelloni GTA

I got the inspiration for this car from early 70s Alfas and Lancias. The engine is my attempt to make an Alfa inline 4 1750 dohc, turned out pretty good I think.

Back in the day this was considered a cheaper sportscar, steel rims, vinyl interior, not much equipment at all, it was first and foremost a drivers car.

Today it is a somewhat affordable classic with a small but enthusiastic following and good clubscene.

There is also a hatchback (GTH) and a convertible (GTC) version of this car.

The car submitted here is converted to rhd, I think i forgot to move the pedals, so don’t look there :wink:

12 Likes

1995 FMC Goshawk RC490

Details

OOC - Well here we are, about as many hours into this as a week of working. This particular competition is quite complex, so I simply wish at this point that I didn’t miss some “binnable” complication.
Anyway:

The FMC Goshawk is a sophisticated “muscle car”, though really more a 2+2 sports car. This iteration rocks several factory upgrade offerings, such as light 3 piece alloys, T-tops, and sweet Mistique Jungle" pearl flake paint.

The interior is simple, but high-quality. Charcoal cloth, clearcoated aluminum panels, and muted tones greet the driver. Some owners complain that the interior is “plain”, but it is timeless and durable, as well as easy to care for. The white gauges are a nice touch. The Goshawk RC has a sweet audiophile audio system lifted from THETA, FMC’s luxury brand.

The impressive SOHC V8 boasts 4.9 liters and “square” stroke and bore, pushing 370 HP at 6200RPM. It sips the good stuff but returns decent MPG (23.1) in exchange.

7 Likes

It’s funny that your entry (the Goshawk) reminds me of mine (the Hellblazer) - we used the same body (the '89 Z15A/Z16A 3000GT/GTO), a similar exterior color (pearlescent blue), and the same engine configuration (front-mounted V8) - the main differences being that yours is a large SOHC unit, with more power and torque but a shorter rev range, and mine is a smaller, less powerful DOHC unit.

I bet that figure was measured using UK mpg and, unless you tell me otherwise, on 98 RON super unleaded (I am running 95 RON premium unleaded).

Also, the Hellblazer is a 2-seater with a premium interior, whereas the Goshawk is a 2+2, and judging by the flavor text, a standard interior. The Hellblazer is thus reminiscent of contemporary Corvettes and TVRs, in contrast to the Goshawk, which reminds me of a fourth-generation F-body (specifically, the Firebird, which had pop-up headlights for this generation, as did the previous one), T-tops and all.