CSR149: Take Me Away (Complete)

Pretty close, friend! I took inspiration from three vehicles I know intimately: my old 97 Ram Air T/A WS6, my mkiii Supras, and my father’s highly modified c5 Vette. It’s a fun car in Beam, and I bet yours is too. This body style is a ton of fun. I decided to make the Goshawk the premium alt version of the Osprey, which is more simple in nature. This Goshawk has adaptive suspension like my mkiii has (back in 1990!), and premium interior.

I did manage to come in right at the limit of Chad’s budget, but adaptive dampers were out of the question for me. Thankfully, I was able to get decent stats even without them.

I can definitely see Firebird in there, I’m not going to lie there is a couple of design points that I have on my entry too lol as I was referencing the Firebird and Camaro myself.

Guess there will be quite a few V8 pony cars

2 Likes

1999 Valiant Talon LT-ram package

For sale is a 1999 Valiant Talon, this being the top V8 model with the optional LT-ram package. This includes functional ram air ducts on the hood, large rear spoiler and limited slip differential.

The car is located in UK being imported from Florida and has been converted to pass applicable laws, this includes a rear fog light, converting the front running lights to indicators and the engine has been re-tuned for 95 ron standard fuel.

The interior is charcoal leather electric sports seats with grey cloth inserts, electric windows and mirrors, a 6 speaker tape/cd player and automatic dual zone climate control.

Specs
  • 5.7l V8 engine. 333.0bhp@5500rpm, 532.5nm@3700rpm
  • front and rear double wishbone suspension
  • Steel body panels with aluminium door and bonnet panels.
  • 6 speed manual gearbox, geared limited slip differential
  • 325mm front vented discs, 325mm rear vented discs

13 Likes

Sick

2 Likes

If the Goshawk is reminiscent of a pre-facelift fourth-generation Firebird, your Talon is more like a post-facelift example, with its swoopier and more aggressive front end.

And not just pony cars, but proper 2-door sports and executive cars as well with that engine configuration. There are already five V8-powered cars so far, and I am expecting there to be many more before the deadline.

1987 Axxus GTC

Gone is the “Sabre” nameplate for the final year of this body. This model soldiers on in its final year known solely as the “GTC”

Gone is the 2.5L i6 that powered the previous car. In its place, Axxus…(Wells) shoehorned in a 3.3 DOHC replacement unit.

You want more specs? Just know that its faster to 60 than a Firebird Formula.

Yes, they had to put a little extra meat on the back to keep all that power in check.

Pull up with the class of a Jag, for half the price.

The GTC, from Axxus.

9 Likes

Given that the Crown Vic bodies don’t have any two-door variants and the S15 body sets aren’t unlocked until 1988, what kind and size of body did you use to built the '87 GTC? In any case, the knock-off wire wheels seem a bit too old for 1987, but the rest of the design is quite decent. And judging by the lack of an upper front grille, is it front-engined (which would make it a bottom-breather) or rear-engined (as the lower side vents would seem to indicate)?

iirc that’s the semi recently added Opel Manta body. It also seems to be pulling heavily from late foxbody mustang styling, so I’m guessing it’s front engined as well.

Certainly not the earlier Muntu body (which is too angular), so it must be one of the later '69 Mobula bodies (specifically, one of the convertible variants).

The Muntu body disappeared in the update that gave us the Mobula.

FS: 1993 SAARLAND ORIGO AEROCOUPÉ ET4

One of the few that managed to escape the tuner craze of the early 00s. One owner before me, between 1993 and 2007. All original condition, down to the fully working tape player and the air conditioning giving a breeze as cool as it did in 1993. Paintjob is factory “Classic Burgundy” with dark grey leather interior. Original alloys, but the tyres are new. If you want an investment for the future, look no further!

Model history

In 1989, the Saarland Origo replaced the old Saarland Pfarrer. Both the front wheel drive Pfarrer Sedan/Aerosedan (that had been built since 1982) and the rear wheel drive Pfarrer Aerocoupé (that was built on the old body/platform from 1976 all the way to 1988) models were replaced by the new Origo. The Aerocoupé was available as an 8 valve “GL” and a 16 valve “ES” model, both with 2 litre 4-cylinders and front wheel drive.

In 1993, AWD was introduced on the 16 valve models, optional on the ES (then called the ES4) but standard in the all new ET4 model, that added a turbo on the 4 cylinder for a 205 hp power output, giving the model respectable performance for its era (0-100 in 6.3 seconds, 80-120 in 4.51 seconds, 14.59 second times on the quartermile and a 260 km/h top speed).

In 1994 yet another model of the Aerocoupé arrived, the V6, more of a luxury cruiser than the sports oriented ET4, not nearly as fast and only available with front wheel drive, it posed no threat to the ET4.

Despite the second generation Origo appearing in 1996, the Aerocoupé was built until the model year 1997 on the first generation body/platform. It was not replaced by another Origo, but by an Aerocoupé version of the smaller second generation Kosmos that arrived in 1998.

8 Likes

@abg7

The smaller one…

Im glad you said something about the spokes…

So while spokes were clearly on their way out by '87, some Jags had them, the Chevy Caprice even.

There IS a grille, albeit a really small one up front, just gotta zoom in. Oh yea, and its front engined.

Edit: @abg7 I forgot to say thankyou.

I love the introduction of taxes and MOT regulations! It makes the challenge so much more fun and interesting, it’s very fun

1 Like

For sale is a 1981 built and registered Lance KTG4 kitcar (original cost of 25500$)

This is kit 50 of an intended 2000, in the end only 452 were built and registered worldwide, and 507 kits produced, making this an exceedingly rare vehicle.

The kit was meant to emulate the timeless style of 60s group 4 endurance specials (cars such as the 330 P4), with the engine selection being up to the customer, with this one coming equipped with a Subaru EA-62S from a Subaru FF1 1300, the engine was imported from a wrecker from Japan, and mated to a Renault 5-speed transaxle with a Quaife low-maintenance limited-slip differential.

The engine was rebuilt at the time, and, thanks to its simplicity, has ran trouble-free since, receiving regular maintenance.
Though its 90hp may seem anemic by today’s standards, the low weight more than makes up for it, add to that the super low and formula-like slouched driving position, it’ll make you feel like you are going a hundred miles an hour without even breaking the speed limit (which it can comfortably do).

It equipped comes with replica Minilite alloys and fresh summer tires, and has a spacious enough boot and frunk to fit a whole other set for track use.

The suspension is likely much more comfortable than the proper racers which inspired this kit, as I wanted to take it for drives often, preferably with an intact back for the next monday’s work, though do not be fooled, it is still an incredibly responsive car in all aspects.

It has received a few upgrades since construction, including a set of FIA-certified doorsill fuel tanks and their associated balance tube, an inbuilt reverse light for parking it into garages at night, some lower seats to accommodate larger folk (my larger mates wouldn’t fit originally, and couldn’t stop nagging me for a ride), full vintage-style bodywork tiedowns, a roll bar, and a pair of 4-point seatbelts, as it is a perfectly circuit-capable car.

Not seen in the photos is the included rear foglamp, as i feel it doesn’t help the looks of it.

Though I am sad to part ways with it, it is quite the opportunity for whoever may be interested, and I hope it goes into good hands that keep it safe but let it fly.

9 Likes
2000 HAAI TC 150 FOR SALE
Load additional images

Short description
Looking to sell a well-maintained 2000 HAAI TC 150 Sport-Turbo Tourer for 17 850£. Bought new from the UK, 2 owners from the same family without major faults/accidents. Bike rack included. Freshly repainted matching the factory paintjob.

Exterior
  • Clear halogen headlights
  • Fresh coat of paint matched with the original
  • Clean original 19" alloy rims

The HAAI features it’s original two-tone “Magma Metallic”, having a nice shine to it. As it has been recently repainted by a professional, there are no chips or scratches around the car. Previous owner has done all they could to prevent rust, so there are only a few tiny spots on the underside. The front foglights have gotten foggy after the bumper was replaced.

The roof might be an inconvenience, as this generation came with a folding detachable hardtop, which you must insert into the boot yourself. The roof will be covered by a light carpet in the boot, so heavier objects won’t scratch it.

Interior
  • Original cassette/CD-player with auxillary connection available
  • Barely worn red and white leather, red carpet
  • Ventilated and heated seats

The HAAI has a comfortable leather interior, with electronically adjustable front seats. This model is equipped with early parking sensors, but the system was disabled after the front bumper got replaced. There are slight scratches on the underside of the dashboard, but they’re not visible if you’re not looking for them. Passenger side ventilation is slightly weaker.

All 4 seats in the car are equipped with seatbelts, but only the front is equipped with airbags. The rear seats can be folded down to extend trunk space into the cabin, although moving the seats down and up again might prove to be a bit of a hassle.

Drivetrain
  • Rear-mounted 1.5L turbocharged B4
  • 6-speed manual
  • Adaptive suspension

The rear-wheel drive TC150 is equipped with an economic yet responsive 1.5L 4-cylinder boxer engine capable of producing up to 155hp. It can reach 62mph in 8.3 seconds and is electronically limited to 120mph. If you’re planning to maintain it yourself, the engine is crammed in a bit tight with the boot trying to maximize storage space

Although it’s been used less in recent years, the car has still been serviced regularly. The engine runs smooth and clean, and the gearstick feels light, making cornering with sport mode thrilling despite the nearly 1.5 tonne weight.

Paperwork
  • MOT Lasts until March 2023
  • Cared for by main HAAI dealer
  • Full service history included
  • Additional rear plate (X865 HLG) included
  • 182,889 mi on the odometer

The last year it was used daily, the running costs reached 1,937.34£. The car has not been involved in any traffic collisions, but it’s had it’s front bumper swapped due to light parking lot accidents.

Summary
The HAAI TC 150 is a deceptively sporty and comfortable car, although it has some large inconveniences. Yet it might be one of the least compromised convertibles you can find in the price range for the era.
12 Likes

1992 Flaner Aurore - £14,100 (yorkshire)

Excellent condition, low mileage. Second owner, MOT'd till June of next year. Minimal rust, always maintained by Flaner Fixers in Doncaster. Rare opportunity to buy one of these desirable and uniquely innovative French convertibles! 1 of 4500 produced.

About this Car
Mileage: 68,000 miles
Engine: Turbocharged, transverse, 1.8L 6cyl boxer
Transmission: 4sp manual
Mid-engine, RWD
Hydropneumatic suspension

Screenshot 2022-08-30 215043

7 Likes

SAETA Montaraz S

HiResPhoto9_3,840-2,018

Lore

The second gen of this nameplate arrived in 1975, 4 years after it´s predecessor had been discontinued. The reason for this was that SAETA executives were unsure of the viability of such product. The company priorities were to modernize the sedan lineup and design a new powerplant for them and so work on the second gen prototype was put to halt.

Montaraz 1st gen

But then in 1972 the Fiat X1/9 was released and the sales numbers spoke by themselves. The Montaraz prototype was taken from the barn were it was hidden and work restarted, now with a much better powerplant available, and the first units reached the dealerships in May of 1975.

Given SAETA´s limited resources, the new body would be made out of fiberglass. The chassis from the first gen could be reused, though, with small changes at the rear. Fitting double wishbones instead of Chapman Struts would fix one of the mayor complaints of the first gen, and the new engine would provide a necessary bump in power. Gone was the old all-iron pushrod unit, now a modern twin cam light alloy engine was powering the car through a 5-speed gearbox.

The S trim offers the staggered wheel setup that massively increases cornering, along with hotter cams and the aerodynamic enhances such as the functional rear wing.

More pics

12 Likes
Ed's Used Automobiles

Selling a 1992 Ebasu Aurum Sky.

Original Release Poster.

Ed here! Got this little gem for sale today, a original Ebasu Aurum Sky Special Edition with the AR-27 iVTT engine.

The Interior is speced with a digital Cassette player aswell as the ‘Retro Wheel’ option for the Steering wheel, along with the special light-up gauge cluster as seen below, made possible by using a array of different colored bulbs and semi-transparent dials and needles.

Noteworthy aswell is the Chassis Badge, this being chassis 237 of 2000 'Sky’s ever produced.

It’s a overall very beautiful vehicle, keeping a JDM sports car’s spirit in a open top convertible.

Now, the important details.
I will be starting the price at 13000 GBP, seeing as it has been dailied a lot, but I am open to negotiation.

It has had 2 owners including me, and has clocked 4354km already without any problems, though the odometer sadly cannot be changed to Miles, a weird but not too bad quirk.

It gets a reliable 24 UK MPG so assuming a average of 2000 miles annually, you should be done with about 568 quid, pretty cheap for a big Inline 6.

My emissions costs have run up to around 295, plus 60 quid MOT, which now lasts until April 2023.

Insurance has cost me 400 quid until now.

For Car Specs:
199.9hp [Let’s round it out to 200] @ 6500 RPM with a 7000 RPM Limit.
230Nm peak @ 6000 RPM.
2.7 Liters flat displacement in a straight six, naturally aspirated layout.
Runs well on 95.

Hope the future owner enjoys this car aswell as I and it’s previous owner.

7 Likes
Zephorus Autos

25 Likes