CSR149: Take Me Away (Complete)

Let’s say, Chad looks at a car from the 1970s. Would he prefer the original stereo unit so that he can replace it with the player of his choice, or would he rather have an aftermarket unit installed already (= visible in the interior)? In the latter case, shall I put in a Luxury 8-track unit (the best entertainment available in the 1970s) into the Automation car for the comfort stats boost?

Sorry if this makes things even more complicated.

I don’t see where the cost for the emissions tax is, can someone list the emissions tax numbers please.

I have to say, I really love the design on that car, and the color suits it so well!
Great job, very cute car

2 Likes

As per:

He’d like the car stock more-so than modified in any way, to make it simple just go with what the car would originally have from factory. He could always add in an aftermarket head unit if he wishes.

There is no emissions tax, it is taken into account as UK vehicle tax instead: Post and including 1982 have to pay either £180 for under 1,549cc, or £295 for over 1,549cc. (They don’t specifically state if they round down or up the 1,549cc but I will count a 1,549cc as the £295 bracket, it’s likely what the government would do too :joy: )

1 Like

Selling worthless cars at exorbitant prices

1970 Hinode Garuda 3000GT

Listing #337864

Summary

The Hinode Garuda 3000GT is a limited production front-engined, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 grand tourer built by Hinode Motors. First unveiled to the public in the 1966 Tokyo Motor Show, the Garuda was produced from 1968 to 1971, with a total of 380 cars built.

As a halo car for Hinode, the Garuda featured many innovative features that would make its way to other Hinode models. These include the lightweight aluminium body panels, four-wheel independent suspension, limited-slip differential*, all-round power-assisted disc brakes, rack-and-pinion steering, and a 3-litre V8 with overhead camshafts instead of the usual overhead valve design. In 1970, fuel injection was added, improving performance and economy.

The Garuda radically changed the world’s image of Hinode and the Japanese car industry as a whole, then viewed as a maker of imitative and dull economy cars, proving that Japanese automakers could make sports cars that rivalled the best from Europe.

This particular example was made for the owner of Hinode’s sole UK importer in 1970, which had its rear end slightly modified to accomodate a UK-sized license plate. It has done just 23,879 miles and is remarkably well-maintained and, with its original stereo, seats, and aluminium wheels.

Contact the seller for more information. Serious enquiries only.

Specifications

Price: -

Model Year: 1970

Mileage: 23,879 miles

Colour: Silver

Engine Displacement: 3 litres

Transmission: Manual

Doors: 3

Seating Capacity: 4

Gallery

© 2022 OldCarPriceInflator LTD

28 Likes

???

Kaufmann Viera Turbo

Kaufmann’s sports car designed and engineered for the dawn of the new age of rallying, the Viera Turbo debut in 1981. Featuring an all new all-wheel drive system, a turbocharged two liter engine and a lightweight, widened body, the sports car was to showcase some of the newest technologies of the German marque, as well as prepare itself for homologation for the incoming Group B rulebook. Though the production model did not make world breaking power figures, its lightweight and traction allowed it to accelerate at near supercar levels at the time with a 0-60 being just under six seconds.

Inside was a practical, simply designed but comfortable interior - with the main quirks being the indicators and switches for its manually operated center and rear differential locks.

This example being sold is well maintained with relatively low mileage, with a full service and detailing done recently.

Gallery

21 Likes

1988 Steurmann 8GT

The 8GT started as a breakthrough in sports car design. A design that promised even more than a new level of performance.

And so today, it is the 8GT which stands alone as the fastest, most powerful production Steurmann ever built.

Powered by 4.5L V8 268hp, RWD and 5-speed manual, it manages 0-60mph under 6 seconds, 5.2s to be exact.

Quoted from 1988 Steurmann 8GT Advertisement.

This particular car has been through 2 owners but it is very well maintained. All original parts, radio, seats and others.

Please contact me for more information. No funny businesses

16 Likes

The 2000 Snakebite! with 336hp, a sound like never before, and styling that will make your bloodd run cold!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Specifications

3.0L SOHC 24V EFI V6
195 HP @ 5,700 RPM
211 LB-FT @ 2,800 RPM
Curb Weight: 2,368 LBS
Weight Distribution: 50.4 F / 49.6 R
Combined MPG: 26.0 (US)
MSRP: $28,200 (1985)

Performance

0-62 MPH: 5.59 Sec
1/4 Mile: 13.98 Sec
Top Speed: 149 MPH
Skidpad: 1.10 G

17 Likes

AMB

C160c

Offer

1998 AMB C160C Convertible

Info

The C160c convertible is a part of C Series line up from AMB Motor, This trim is painted in signature Citrus Yellow. It competed with many other European sports coupe during Its production run from 1996 till 2004. This car was only own by a single owner, with very well maintenance record. The paint should still look like when It was new...

Technical

Equipped with a well moderately powered 4 cylinder naturally aspirated, and fully independent suspensions. body are partially aluminum to save on weight. transmission are offered in either a manual 5 speed or automatic 4 speed,a special trim are offered with a 6 speed.

© 2022 Cargency LTD.

13 Likes

OMG

1 Like
1996 Midlands Io Sprint

Lore
*Sellers note: The following is a magazine review from when the Midlands Io Sprint was revived in 1996 with an MSRP of $35500. The car pictured above, finished in the rarer Regency Purple over charcoal and portland leather interior combination, is being sold in original, unmodified condition for around $17,750. There is minor wear and tear from use, but no mechanical issues. You really don't feel the lack of power steering unless you're at a dead stop. Even then it's geared well enough that it's only a bit more difficult to turn than usual. Fully concourse ready examples with less than 10k miles are going for around 30k and I'm trying to do my best for my friend who's having to put this beauty up for sale.

The 1996 Midlands Io Sprint represents a seemingly overdue revival of the nameplate after roughly two decades of absence from Midland’s model lineup. The original Io sprint ended production in 1975, due to the increasing pressures pressures on producing export ready models by the bean counters in Midlands’ financial department, specifically ones that were up to US emissions and safety regulations. The attempts to fit the Io sprint with US safety approved open headlights, 5 mph bumpers, and performance throttling emissions equipment were incompatible the low slung, driver’s car nature of the Sprint and instead of invoking the ire of fans by pushing through with those changes, the team at Midlands decided to quietly stop production instead.

Now the Io Sprint is back and better than ever in the latter half of the '90s. It retains the sleek, long bonnet design characteristics of the original while making the most of new polymer technologies to keep the iconic front grill in the face of crash test regulations. It has also grown quite a bit in size while it has been in cold storage due to some of those regulations, going from a 2 m wheelbase to one closer to 2.55 m, but it hasn’t grown very much in weight in comparison, only gaining 375 pounds. This is due to the emphasis of keeping weight down that Midlands engineers have gone through to keep the driving experience of the new Io Sprint as pure and as close to the original as possible. The body has been formed in aluminium, as has the new 2.2 L i4 powerplant. The chassis has been extensively lightened through material removal similar to what’s done with a space frame chassis, keeping rigidity and safety in mind. These weight saving efforts have allowed the new Io Sprint to achieve one of the goals of the original that the designers weren’t able to accomplish: 50/50 weight distribution. That fact paired with updated multilink rear suspension geometry allows the car to pull a consistent G of lateral force in most corners. It also covers for the lack of a power steering unit, which the engineers intentionally omitted to give the maximum amount of driver control and feel over the responsiveness of the car in addition to the weight savings. This sensitivity to driver input also helps differentiate the Io Sprint from the other, more power focused Midlands Eos, which is more on par with more muscular sportscar offerings.

The revised and increased capacity 2.2 L i4 that powers new Sprint nearly doubles the output of the original motor at 206 hp. It retains the high revving, joyous exhaust note while pushing the higher limits of rpms at a redline of 7700. It’s paired with a more refined version of the 5 speed Zephyr gear box that gives properly smooth and metalic gear changes. A multi-plate clutch was added for a smoother driving experience and to alleviate the overly heavy feeling of the original. These two improvements to the drivetrain allow the new Io Sprint to have a 0-60 of 5.82 seconds and a quarter mile time of just over 14 seconds. Aerodynamic improvements such as a CAD developed undertray and rear outlet diffusing plane, both technological improvements sourced from Midlands Racing and their efforts in Group C and conquering the Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans, allow the Io Sprint to make the most of that 206 hp and achieve a top speed of 167 mph. That’s something you’d expect out of a car with a much bigger motor, not something that could easily be at home in a family saloon. These aero improvements also mean a fuel economy that wouldn’t be out of place in one either, getting right around 50 UK Mpg (41.9 US Mpg).

With all the emphasis on lightness, handling, and driver feel that the engineers put into the '96 Io Sprint, most people would expect that the interior would be spartan and lacking in the usual creature comforts like air conditioning. This assumption would be woefully incorrect. The interior of the Io Sprint is kitted out in typical premium Midlands fashion, using either high quality wool blend brushed twills or skillfully tanned and stretched leather to keep weight down but give that luxury feel. There are heritage tartans that can be picked for the door card and seat accents for more adventurous buyers, but most interior color options are a more sedate two tone arrangement. The ergonomically focused dash features classic white gauges surrounded by burled walnut veneers, packaged to give the driver quick access to all the pertinent engine information while still referencing the original’s dash layout. Leg and head room have been significantly increased due to the '96 Sprint’s extended wheelbase, accommodating drivers over 6 ft with minimal discomfort. Adjustable pedal and seat positioning helps accommodate smaller drivers as well. Midland’s partnership with Alpine for radios continues with the premium CD and cassette player head unit found in the Io Sprint, giving plenty of crisp, clear sound for when you need a break from the thrilling engine soundtrack. Overall the 1996 Midlands Io Sprint lives up to the expectations of fans of the original, surpassing them provide an exhilarating driving experience that can hold its own in the very competitive sportscar market.

28 Likes

I’m working really hard on my interior! This is so much fun :slight_smile: There sure a lot of 3D floor parts!!

2 Likes

As always, wonderful colour cover.

www.carradar.net

1997 Cascina Lavandula

Listed by 村上 吉成

日本語
€š�Ř§Ů Â£╟????æØ¢ÃðsžšåÞя© ╟????»Ř§ŮðsžšåÞя© £╟????æØ¢ÃðsžšåÞя© ©ðsžšåÞя© ا٠ráÚÆ ????ðsžšåÞяÞ¥¿▀ Þ¥¿Ř§ŮŠ舐 —???? ????▀舐 10 ©舐—© ???? ‚�ðsžšåÞя╟£½ »????▀اŮ舐© £ޥ¿????½ æØ¢Ã ráÚÆ Ř§Ů—â€š� —‚�舐舐 舐©â€š� ╟????½ Š舐óÞ¢áñ »Â£Ř§Ů½ £½ ▀ 14 Þ¥¿Ř§Ů☒舐 ©Â£╟ñâmå•Þ¥¿舐© ا٠ráÚÆ ????ðsžšåÞяÞ¥¿▀ »舐 £»Þ¥¿舐 —???? ñâmå•Â£óÞ¢áñ Ř§Ů½ ▀????æØ¢Ã舐¶????Ř§Ů½ ???? Ř§Ů½ ‚�ðsžšåÞя╟£½ ©—????¶Š© ñâmå•Â£óÞ¢áñ╟舐½ — ???? ©—????¶Š© ráÚÆ Ř§ŮÞ¥¿Þ¥¿ »舐 ¶????½ ▀ðsžšåÞя¶—舐▀ Ř§Ů½ 舐£©— £½ æØ¢ÃÞ¥¿Ř§Ů£ 舐½ æØ¢ÃÞ¥¿Â£½ ▀ ©Â£½ ▀اŮ舐æØ¢Ã???? ¶Â£Þ¥¿Ř§Ů????½ اŮ£ ???? ©â€š�舐½ ╔‚�舐½ ¶â€š�Ř§Ů½ £ ▀舐ñâmå•舐½ ▀Ř§Ů½ æØ¢Ã ????½ óÞ¢áñ????ðsžšåÞя ñâmå•舐舐舐½ ¶舐
English
Good morning. My name is Murakami Yoshinari. I want to transfer my love car Cascina Lavandula. It is 5 cylinder, natural aspirate. Italy exotic and variable valve timing. It is impressive fuel economy and noise reminding V angle 10 cylinder. It is exciting but wife instruct me to sell. It has 2 seats, no room for baby and shopping. I merchandise love for family and purchase Honda N-Box. Pricing in face discussion. Gaijin also welcome but I do not know procedures of overseas apologies. Checking completed 3 years front and license of 11 months. 14,000 miles ran completed. Terrible apology, look forward to meet you.
写真

Lore
Cascina Lavandula was intended to be an entry sports model of Cascina in 1991, aimed to compete in the global market with sports cars from other international brands. Originally equipped with a turbocharged I4, the Lavandula was deemed to be dull and uninspiring, with poor fuel economy, reliability and performance figures. The relatively affordable Italian exotic car resulted as a failure.

Despite the poor result, Cascina believed that a facelift with drastic improvement can salvage the value of the failed Lavandula project. However, Cascina cannot afford to develop a new engine for production cars as all their resources are placed towards Le Mans prototypes, particularly the 7.2L “Rafflesia Stamen” V12 and a V10 engine, equipped with advanced technology such as a 3 stage valve timing system in concept phase.

The progress of the V10 engine is slow due to highly complicated engineering and Cascina’s unfamiliarity with 10 cylinder layout. Some suggested that a test block 5 cylinder engine, which serves as a development study project of the V10 engine, be mass-produced and equipped to the Lavandula as the new engine unit. After 2 prototypes are produced and tested, the Cascina management officers are satisfied with the result and approved the use of the inline 5 engine.

The 2.7L inline 5 block is a light and competent engine, able to punch above its weight. Revving up to 8000 rpm, the unit can produce up to 250 horsepower. However, the most notable characteristic of the engine is its 3 stage valve timing system, allowing the compact 5 cylinder ICE to have excellent torque and thermal efficiency figures across all rpm range while maintaining an adrenaline-inducing power delivery and soundtrack. The engine earned its nickname “Banshee” internally, referencing the high-pitched engine note during the 3rd valve timing stage after 5500 rpm.

In addition to the new power plant, the facelift also saw different improvements compared to its predecessor: A viscous limited-slip differential is equipped to obtain greater handling characteristics and drivability; Various internal electronically controlled flaps are used to modify drag and improve fuel economy depending on the situation; Interior build quality is massively improved, and the suspension is greatly optimised to guarantee creature comfort. These improvements provided Lavandula with sufficient qualities to compete with its German, British and Japanese rivals in the global market.

But because of the complicated engineering and production procedures, the manufacturing cost is also massively inflated. The price of the new facelifted 1997 Lavandula increased significantly, resulting in a subpar sales figure as a result. The V10 project which is based on the I5 engine is also scrapped eventually because of the promising performance and simpler design of the 7.2L V12 engine. However, the I5 block is later used in other models without the 3 valve timing stage design. Approximately 1100 units of facelifted Lavandula were produced, with a significant portion sold to Japan due to the locals’ pursuit of an affordable Italian exotic sports car and the modability of Lavandula.

23 Likes

Listed on www.auto - swapper. co. uk - '93 Osprey GTS 4.0, £19450.

I’m selling my beloved manual Osprey GTS, which comes complete with a full service history and all the accumulated paperwork from when it was imported to the UK.

Here are the top trumps: 298 hp, 0 - 62 mph in 4.5s, 176 mph top speed and 27.2 mpg (UK). It’s a proper little pocket rocket, especially when you thrash it on a good B road.

Comes with a sporty leather & cloth interior, with chrome and aluminium accents. It’s got air-con and a decent stock stereo system, although Osprey weren’t too generous with the standard kit on this sport model, in order to save weight. I’ve taken my custom plates off, so I’ll be putting up the original ones shortly.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

4 Likes

5,600-Mile 1985 Bravo Inspirato 16v Evo

This 1985 Bravo Inspirato 16v Evo has been single owner ever since its release, it is finished in Brillantoso Yellow over black vinyl/cloth upholstery. Powered by a 1.9-liter Turbo’d Inline-4 linked to a five-speed manual transmission and a limited-slip differential. Additional features include 16″ AeroRallye alloy wheels, Fireyear sport tyres, air conditioning, Bremwood Brakes and a Paonner 8 Track sound system. This Inspirato shows 5,600 miles, it also shows it being model 28 of 2,500 produced. It got imported into the UK from Italy with manufacturer’s title, a window sticker, service records, a car cover, a clean Car report, and a clean Yorkshire dealership title.

lore

Bravo is a well known rally legend, beginning in the mid 60s, they’ve been in the game for quite a while now, they for the most part dominated Group 4; when the FIA announced Group B, Bravo jumped to the oportunity and created an extremely lightweight RWD Scelta, and entered it.

Now… the year is 1984, Bravo began struggling to keep up with the AWD and 4WD beastly machines Group B managed to produce, in order to keep competitive Bravo started the design of a lightweight and compact AWD rally car, paying homage to everything that came before it, the result of which would be the Inspirato, a car that closely resembled Kaufman’s design.

The car was competitive enough to keep up pace and maybe even win a couple of stages with the other AWD monsters, up until 1986, where Group B would be reinvented into Group A; where it would become an absolute legend.

The car subsequently retired in 1989, being replaced with a better, newer Legato.

For information/inquiries contact me @ +44 55-XXXX-XXXX
or via E-mail @ notarealemail@email,com

20 Likes
1981 Markley Palomino SST for sale
Up for sale is my '81 Markley Palomino SST V8. It's a rare Euro market spec version of this classic American muscle car. This particular example has done 106 thousand miles. Features the 182 horsepower V8 backed up by a five speed manual with a limited slip diff. Has new 205/65R14 tires all around. Finished in True Red with the "snorting mare" hood graphic. Interior is in great shape, still has the factory 8 track stereo tape deck. Gets nearly 22 mpg UK! It's a pretty speedy car, did a 14.82 second pass at the drag strip last year. MOT up to date. Asking 12,500 for it.

11 Likes

For Sale: 1998 Kamaka Destiny XS-R - £19,650

4th grader writing

Fresh off the boat from Japan is this family car turned glorified sports car: The Destiny CE54 XS-R. This model was produced from 1998-2002 with the FT30-DTT straight-6 engine under the hood, famous for it’s potent tuning capability.

The 112 mph top speed limiter and power limiter for the Japanese market have both been removed, allowing it to unleash its full 320 hp and 166 mph top speed; everything else is completely stock… at least until the dumbass who buys this turns it into a 1000 horsepower dyno queen.

For the love of whatever you believe in, please buy this soon if you don’t want the prices to inflate like furry fetish art.

specs
  • Engine: 3.0L DOHC 24V Twin-Turbo Straight-6
  • Power: 320 HP
  • Drivetrain: 6 Speed Manual AWD
  • 0-62 MPH: 4.4 seconds
  • Top Speed: 166 MPH
  • Weight: 1445 kg
  • Tires: 235/40R18 front and rear
photos

16 Likes