CSR154 - Midsize Mania [DONE]

Make a convertible minivan

That sounds pretty impressive actually! Well done, hopefully that mean your economy is bad as otherwise you may pay for it.

Sitting at 24 mpg. Which ain’t bad for this era

My comfort and prestige are kinda in the dumps thou

Alright, well, we should probably stop there unless you wanna continue in DMs, but 24 MPG indeed doesn’t sound too bad and the I6 being high in both smoothness (and therefore comfort) and relatively in terms of cylinders (and so prestige) is why it really is probably the best engine for this challenge!

Alright. Yeah should probably stop now. But I think the I6 was the best compromise I could make. Could’ve done a V8 for extra Britishness but eh probably wouldn’t turn out as well.

Not really. I will assume that it’s just a stylistic choice of being a ‘vinyl top’ and judge it as a sedan.

ah fiddlesticks, I guess ill do a 2 door convertible then

And FYI, the roof would be down, so it would be quite obvious that its convertible

Turning a sedan into a “convertible” definitely will give unfair advantages on some areas. Real convertibles weight and cost more.

CSR154_randomBullets_-_Luma_Middy.car (39.2 KB)

6 Likes

1980 Quaglia 320GTi

Straight out from well-known Italian sports car country, this Quaglia 320GTi has landed on the land of freedom.

Quaglia offers you one of the best well-engineered sporty sedan that they could offer. This trim offers impressive 3.2L fuel-injected V6, capable producing up to 185hp, powering the rear wheel and dual-meshed 5-speed manual.

Climbing inside, 320GTi offers you refined, exquisite premium Italian leather and stitching with state of the art 8-track player.

Come to the nearest Quaglia dealership for the 320GTi that only cost $17,800!

22 Likes

Be sure to submit your .car file in a DM to the host or else he may not see it or count it as a submission. Also, submitting through a DM will prevent other contestants from downloading your car and checking its stats before the deadline.

4 Likes

He did

3 Likes
21 Likes

yeah, I did. and honestly if someone beats me because of the stat thing, it is what it is. I’m just having fun with this. I appreciate the heads up though, I didn’t think about that aspect of it.

2 Likes

I’ve been authorized by Carol Shelby himself on behalf of Chrysler Corporation that their new Turbo II 2.2L I4 is now available as a crate engine, Consulier has already announced they’ll be putting it into their new GTP, will anyone else follow their lead?!

As was already hinted at

, if someone would want to use this engine for this challenge, probably after forged internals are added with compression lowered to run on correct fuel, changes I plan to show tomorrow in another edit of this post, they could let me know and I may send, so that is in fact quite on topic.

Some stats after the modifications

[With compression lowed to 7.5:1 and boast upped by 0.05 Bar to make up for most losses, it outputs 0.4 lb-ft more but 0.9 hp less at 0.8% less efficiency, 11 M.C. and 0.9 P.U. more but 0.4 E.T. less, but still only 46.3 reliability.

Turns out above 0.65 Bar of boast nukes your reliability, so a lowered boast but upped compression version will be planned on being share here along side the described version.]

Low boast version update log

No longer as concerned getting boast to kick in as early, I removed the point of quality and tech pool from the Turbo to make it the default tech pool, though I felt I could still do better so made a third version with the same level of quality as the tech pool and switched out PFI for TBI to make a cheaper, more reliable version.

For more info on the recreation these are based on

Ray_V0lut10n's engines thread - #31 by Ray_V0lut10n

huh???

Well, I’ll be damned. I was reading about that pretentious asshat Mosler and his ugly prototype Consulier cars not two weeks ago.

6 Likes

What’s the judge’s view on proper brake tuning? Tune for stats (if so, which ones) or realism?

Both. Nobody likes too much fade, nobody cares about a little fade, and nobody wants their entire dang rear axle to lock up first.