CSR155 - Swanky Set of Wheels (COMPLETE)

Yeah, thought so. Thankfully I managed to adjust the fixtures to work without it.

1959 ARMOR KESTREL

Ford might have thought adding a couple seats to the Thunderbird would keep it from having to compete against the Corvette, but they forgot about Armor Motors and our own Personal Luxury machine: The Armor Kestrel.

Draped in Sunfire Red Metallic (it’s not pink if we just call it red, right?), the Kestrel’s new sheetmetal is the epitome of Sleek Chic. The bold front “nose” lets passers-by know you’ve arrived. Each interior is hand-tailored for the owner to let you know you’ve arrived.

The Kestrel’s 380 cid V8 hurtles the car to 62 mph in 8.0 seconds, and it has a top speed of over 140 mph. How much does it cost? A lot… but that’s the point, isn’t it? It’s more than just a car, it’s a statement.

Pics

Design Studio

Edsel1

Edsel2

@the-chowi Looks like we had a very similar idea lol.

15 Likes

1959 Primus Sentinel 520

The driver´s choice among premium sedans, with a pleasant balance between good handling, respectable engine power and outstanding economy and value for money.

8 Likes

1959 Nerruci 210 GT Cabriolet

The ultimate Italian luxury convertible - the 210 GT Cabriolet will bring joy, luxury and satisfaction into your life! Nerruci has poured all their resources to make a perfect car and bringing Nerruci into the spotlight of the motor world. (Hopefully it won’t be consumed by the flames!)

The 210 GT Cabriolet comes in 3 colours!

Brilliant Blue

Red Candy

Racing Green

7 Likes

Zephorus Autos

logo3

1959 Edition

190hp

2 seats

Luxury comfort

Reliable
(Ironic I know)

Available in select colours
Or made to order
Caciocavallo White

Tuscany Red

Dusk Blue

Stealth Black

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Top trim model shown, actual model may change in final submission.
24 Likes

I’m faced with a dilemma - my brands have stuck to split windshields without exception, regardless of era or vehicle type, just as a core feature of the design language. It hasn’t been a problem so far, but as I’m still learning the fine points of CSR expectations, I wonder if it’d be seen as an anachronism/realism violation? They appear to have fallen out of fashion by 1959 - the only cars of that year with a split windshield I can find are: VW Bus, some utility-oriented versions of the Volvo Duett, Land Rover, Crosley, and the Willys Jeep.

Does it make a difference if the model’s background is that it’s based on a pre-war design, so the windshield is not only two parts, but they’re flat as well (the real reason was that this in-game model has a weird curve to it)?

3 Likes

I obviously can’t speak for the host, but CSRs are usually more based in reality than other competitions. A good backstory can help, but since the only period examples seem to be utility vehicles, and since the customer its looking for Mad Men-style swank, there is a high chance it could end up as a fashion miss. It also depends on the execution though.

Lol you could always make up another company to meet the challenge. I’m up to three now.

5 Likes

Tired of all those big, obnoxious and floaty cars that don’t give you that rush of excitement? Makes you remember what it feels like to live? Not to worry, Hemsley has the solution for you now:

Introducing the Hemsley Comet HRX, the hottest and most potent model for Hemsley yet. Featuring a rear mounted 200 CI Flat 6 engine sending all 150+ hp to the rear wheels, feel what it is like to carve corners and live life on the edge. Coming to a Ascot/Hemsley dealer near you.

5 Likes

It reminds me of the Corvair for that reason alone, especially when combined with your use of the small Winga Dinga body set.

That was my main inspiration behind this build. I think the Corvair is an interesting car and wanted to try something a little left field for this comp.

4 Likes

I can’t say that I have ever seen realism bins in CSRs over styling, at least not when it comes to small details (full meme builds, maybe). Of course, details that seems ancient might also be viewed negative by the customer, so it still may affect the results…there will after all only be one winner in the end.

As in it’s just the design language carried over to a new car, or is it the same pre-war car that is still in production?

If it’s the latter, you’re pretty much fucked and no amount of lore essays will save you lmao

Mechanically, it’s period-correct - if exotic - down to the tires (Pirelli CA67 185R16, on the market since 1952). Visually, what say you: does this party like it’s 1959?

Previous windshield, which I’d rather keep even though it’s straight from the 30’s.

5 Likes

from the limited details i can make out of the dark as hell photos, i’d say it looks like a 1959 car

Did you mean with either windshield, or just the one-piece one in the moody poorly lit shots? A full advert is on the way; meanwhile, here’s a much clearer and more cheerful shot. The only differences between these below are the paint, and the windscreen.

The windshield and overall purpose/personality were Inspired by a car that’s at this point 20 years old, but in many ways was more than 20 years ahead of its time (among other things, it had IRS). If Raymond got himself one of these, oh he’d turn heads alright, and despite the outdated styling, the words coming out of those heads would likely not include “jalopy”…

5 Likes

Specifications

Details boxes were removed due to a technical difficulty

© 1951-1959 Di-Martino

26 Likes

1959 Eldora AX16 Soarer

A car by @Fayeding_Spray and @DrDoomD1scord

A Concept-become-road car, the AX16 Soarer is a wonderful luxury coupe powered by the wonderful Eldora common V16 platform, a 487ci pushrod V16. Pushing 263hp through a 3 speed automatic and rear wheel drive. Interior is a luxury specification as well as some of the highest spec radio one could find.

For $22,700, the Soarer can be yours.

17 Likes

Now that is some jet-age styling. Bravo.

1 Like

“Listen up intern, because this is a chance to prove your worth around here. There’s an auto show happening next week, so I need you to go there and make a list of only the best cars you find there. If your choices really do impress me, than maybe I will consider paying you.”

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: ONE WEEK LEFT :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:

10 Likes

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 banned directional (aimable) headlights in 1967, but some earlier state and local laws prohibited them, or having more than a certain number of forward-facing lights. I’ve been looking unsuccessfully - does anyone know what their legality was in LA in 1959?