CSR155 - Swanky Set of Wheels (COMPLETE)

I’m working on my entry right now and it’s coming a long together very nicely it’s goign to be a real show stopper :slight_smile:

1959 Steurmann CR300i

From Le Mans race to your local friendly neighbourhood driveway, the CR300i is a wonderful sports car with racing's trait engineered into the car. Powered by 182ci or 3.0 liter inline 6, capable producing up to whooping 200hp through 4-speed manual, it's a great and wonderful car for your daily leisure on the road.

Go to your local Steurmann dealership now and grab CR300i now for $29,300!

25 Likes

Untitled (1)

Pushing the limits of design

SAETA Ventus

This technological tour de force features a light alloy body, along with an also light alloy engine and an all new X-frame chassis design(not a ladder chassis at all).

But this is not a raw sports car for the circuits, it´s a car meant to be enjoyed on the roads, thus it is equipped with a luxury interior and a suspension that manages to keep this car in control at all times without shattering your bones.

And we couldn´t finish without taking about the exterior, designed with the help of famous Spanish coachbuilder Serra, who gave this car an uniquely european flair.

24 Likes

1959 KMA KV12 400 Coupe

A beguiling blend of exquisite luxury and blistering performance, the all-new KMA KV12 400 Coupe is both a high-end sports car and grand tourer at the same time.

With a 4.0L V12 delivering 230 bhp to the rear wheels via a 4-speed manual gearbox, you are guaranteed to leave all known rivals in the dust.

Race-proven suspension tuning helps keep the KV12 under control at any speed, allowing you to tackle even the toughest winding roads with confidence.

Genuine high-quality wood, leather, aluminum and chrome trim abounds in the interior, which comes with a top-shelf AM radio as standard.

Priced from $30,000 AMU, each example is built to order at customers’ request, ensuring that no two examples are exactly alike.

So what in the universe are you waiting for? Get your order in now and experience what it’s like to feel on top of the sports car world!

6 Likes

AUTHIÉ ET DALLIER 6/26 GT 2+2

Maybe you don’t need a handcrafted leather interior, handbuilt aluminium body, genuine wire wheels clad with Tyrelli Binturato radials, a 202 hp twin cam inlline six or a top speed of almost 140 miles per hour?

On the other hand, if you can get it, why settle for less?

Voitures Authié et Dallier
La louvière, Belgium

11 Likes

Can anyone explain what the tech pool rule means, it says +1 everywhere +35 does that mean I start with 1 in everything or do I get 45?

You start with +1 techpool in all areas, and can add up to 20 and 35 points to this initial allotment for the engine and trim, respectively.

Quick question!

Does this mean only 1x 7 inch light, or are 2x 7 inch, or 1x 7 inch + 1x 2.75 inch acceptable?

(/me is not from the USA and have no real idea)

Only a single 7 inch or two 5.75 inch lights are allowed.

Chopping and changing isn’t allowed

A pair of 7" sealed-beam headlights were mandatory from 1940. In 1957, a quad of 5.75" headlights were allowed as an alternative option. In 1967, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 was implemented, which reorganized and added to previous laws.

Regarding your question about additional lights, it gets a bit complicated. FMVSS 108, as well as the relevant California state law (CVC 24400-24411), both explicitly allow lights in addition to headlights, with their own, generally looser regulations, calling them “driving lamps”, “fog lamps”, “passing lamps”, and other terms. However, that applies from 1967, and I’ve been unable to find the federal law in effect in 1959.

However, California’s laws date from 1959, and it’s unlikely that it would allow lights that federal laws did not. So to answer your question: probably not; you must have either two 7" or four 5.75" round lamps at a certain height and width and with nothing in front of them, but you may also have additional lamps with less strict rules.

1 Like

Actually, light covers were still legal in this era. They were, AFAIK, outlawed in 1967, same year as VW changed the design of their fenders and headlights.

That’s possible. It’d help if I could find the older federal law. My basis for adding “with nothing in front” is from a Jaguar concourse judging handbook mentioning that the tri-bar (Mercedes logo) lights were not legal in the US, including before 1967, but allowing these lights for concourse events as being period-correct anyway.

Yeah, but the tri-bars did have separate bulbs IIRC, while the rules mandated sealed beams. I guess that’s where the problem lies here.

Hey baby the Valet is here, what is…that

It’s the kinda new Swanson 555 POA
Bringing Airspeed to the streets and spread to your sheets!

It’s party time!

More serious pics

Stats from Trustmebropedia 50 years later
  • Crew: one
  • Capacity: three Ladies of the Night passengers
  • Footprint: 8,1 m3 (+ bumpers)
  • Empty weight: 1585 kg
  • Gross weight: 2200 kg
  • Fuel capacity: 25 US gallons (95 litres)
  • Powerplant: 1 × SAAPE 55B6PRFF56 six cylinder, horizontally opposed terranized aircraft engine, 215 hp @4500 rpm (5500 cc)
  • Transmission: 3-speed auto
  • Cruise speed: 61 kn (70 mph, 113 km/h)
  • Stall speed: 0 kn
  • Never exceed speed: 115 kn (131 mph, 212 km/h)
  • Range: 260 nmi (300 mi, 483 km)
  • Service ceiling: 19,000 ft (5,790 m)
  • Rate of horizontal climb: 3,2 m/s2 (0-100)
  • Rate of quarter mile: 16.50 s
If this looks familiar...

Yes it’s the big beetle again. I was gonna be lazy and just repost this, with a shittier rear suspension, but convertibles are objectively more Swag. Too bad the official body is based on the sedan and not the coupe.

18 Likes

so weird and confusing, but ok thank you! :stuck_out_tongue:

The 1959 Skyhawk Supersonic SCX, the newest and most outlandish space-age Skyhawk you can buy.

Equipped with a new Supermatic 3-Speed Auto transmission and a 6.2L V8 making 230hp, you can break speed limits without any effort and go up to a top speed of roughly 140mph.

Have fun in your new car, Raymond

11 Likes

made by @Maxbombe & @vouge

Welcome to a world of opulence, where luxury meets refinement. Pusilanime is proud to present its latest creation, the 1959 Polymorphous. This exquisite masterpiece represents the pinnacle of automotive engineering and craftsmanship, setting new benchmarks in elegance, performance, and comfort. Aesthetically captivating from every angle, the new Polymorphous boasts a timeless design that exudes prestige and sophistication. Its sleek, flowing lines are meticulously crafted to create an impression of sheer elegance. The iconic Pusilanime grille, adorned with the signature logo, announces its presence with authority, capturing the attention of all who behold it. Under the hood of the Pusilanime lies a powerful and refined engine, meticulously engineered to deliver an exhilarating performance. Unleash the potential of this masterpiece as it effortlessly propels you forward, offering a seamless blend of power and precision. Experience a driving sensation like no other, where every journey becomes a symphony of engineering mastery.

Gallery

32 Likes

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: 48 HOURS LEFT :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:
:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: TIME TO STOP PROCRASTINATING :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:

Additional submissions from:

@Riley
@Happyhungryhippo
@HybridTronny
@Petakabras
@abg7
@Ludvig
@Atomic
@Maxbombe

Post, but no file from:
@Knugcab

File, but no post:
@Danicoptero
@lotto77

7 Likes

1959 Turból Caccia Florio

Details

In the postwar US craze for European sports cars, TRBL Corp. formed Turból to produce a home-grown sports car to fill the growing market niche. While initially cheap and cheerful machines meant to be affordable to the average ex-GI, by the late 1950s, the brand’s focus had shifted significantly upward. Success in the World Sportscar Championship had thrust the prestige of the Turból brand into a similar air to expensive and exotic European makes, and their road car offerings changed accordingly.

Underpinning the Caccia Florio were familiar underpinnings, mostly unchanged from the Turból Caelus. But while the Caelus was a relatively affordable machine, Turból’s lofty aspirations and the ever-moving design trends of the era resulted in a dramatic facelift in 1958. No less dramatic was the car’s shift in intended market; while the Caelus was relatively affordable, the Caccia Florio was an ultra luxurious GT hand-built to exacting quality standards. With TRBL’s recent acquisition of luxury brands Cabirou and Voncil, TRBL direct them to work on the interior of the car, with one goal in mind: exceeding the build quality of every European rival, while still aiming to undercut them in price.

The car would not be allowed to suffer in performance either. Fully independent suspension carried over from the Caelus maintained sports car handling despite the additional weight. Motivating the car was TRBL’s corporate 274ci “Starpower” small block V8, rated at 255 gross hp. Combined with front disc brakes, a limited-slip differential, and a 4 speed manual transmission, the sprint to 62 was completed in 7.5 seconds on the way to a 142 mph top speed.

28 Likes

1959 BSC America Export

First launched in 1953, the 1959 year was the final update to the America line of coupe’s from BSC. Something more modern was just on the horizon, however to prove there was still life left in this design the '59 “export” swapped the Knightwick four litre inline six for a four point six litre V eight imported from Valiant, with a free flowing four barrel carb and hand formed exhaust manifolds.

For the export model more focus is placed on luxury and comfort so there is luxury leather seats front and rear, wood veneer is used for much of the interior and a state of the art in dash am radio is standard.

The engine has been tuned for torque delivery due to the use of a three speed automatic gearbox, speed however is not impacted as the 0-100 time and top speed is competitive for the class.

12 Likes