CSR159 - "Longing" (ROUND 3 - FINALE) (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

Honestly I would give everybody the benefit of the doubt concerning the techpool. And handle with some discretion if cars are slightly over the budget. If not there is the danger that this whole challenge enters a spiral of new deadline, rule changes, uups new update and so on.

CSR is the premier/flagship challenge series of the forum that has been running for a good 7 years now. It has seen far worse than just a few deadline extensions and minor delays due to borked updates. It’ll be fine.

Most of us would rather ensure a level playing field instead of churning out results quickly.

10 Likes

Zetra and I have both tried to use this feature to get around the current techpool issue. Both of us ran into large errors(like database errors) when we tried to move cars into a new company with specific techpool. This is why the pause is happening, because the only possible way to do any techpool editing at the moment is to make new cars in a new company.

Clearly, this change is going to take some time for judges to process. This is a pretty significant deviation from the original contest format, and getting everyone on the same ruleset is probably not practical in the time allotted, especially when the deadline was supposed to be today. Ultimately the biggest drain is on the judge, and unless they really want to, it’s a little unfair to ask them to make a complex ruleset for a system they haven’t used before. My recommendation is to just ignore techpool and judge everyone that way. I would assume that when the judge pulls in a car, its going to most likely go to the ‘SANDBOX’ company anyway, and as long as the judge can pull the entry cars into that company they should be on a level playing field, right?
Edit: Cars will unfortunately be distorted due to how players previously allocated tech pool. However if they just export a copy from the current update, everybody’s entry will be rebuilt on the default ‘SANDBOX’ company, which is likely a flat distribution of points. Just have everybody resubmit and ignore techpool.

It is only going to take as long as it takes the devs to restore the ability to edit Techpool on a per car basis. The host is not just going to pull cars willy nilly and let the stats fall as they may. That is neither in their best interests for the amount of salt it would cause or in the spirit of CSR as a whole. Running a challenge on the open beta branch comes with risks like what we’re seeing now and it is better to resume normal challenge operations when the game issue has been fixed than just push through with judging for the sake of an arbitrary deadline.

It is impossible to ignore techpool because it affects every single other part of the ruleset.

With the current state of techpool, that is not what would happen. The SANDBOX company techpool defaults to whatever the most recent car the person opening a .car file made in that company. It does not default to the usual +5 across the board value.

8 Likes

TECHPOOL HAS BEEN FIXED

With the openbeta update fixing issues revolving techpool, CSR can finally reopen.

(NEW TECHPOOL RULE)
To accomodate the new techpool system that was released in the previous open beta patch, the techpool rule have been rewritten to follow suit.

OLD RULE: Total TP cost (total cost in the techpool tab): $80.0m

NEW RULE: car AND engine TP total cost (techpool + lab costs) equal to $60.0m

Reportedly, The latest update hasn’t seen too much of a drastic change of stats, so if you are satisified with your entry’s stats (while still being legal), then you are not obliged to resubmit. However, if you want to further optimize your car following the new techpool rule, then you are free to resubmit.

Due to the uncertainty of the frequency when Automation gets a patch release, I will only open up the deadline to the deadliest hour of the 16th (December 16 @ 11:59 PM ; GMT +9:30)

13 Likes

The issue with trying to set everyone to a specific techpool distribution after the fact is that the impact of a single point of techpool is not consistent, because the cost of a single point of quality is not consistent. Going from “three points below techpool” to “two points below techpool” costs a lot less than going from “five points above techpool” to “six points above techpool”.

With value for money (and, by extension, price) being particularly important in this challenge, this is absolutely the right approach.

With this new aggregate total cost limit (25% smaller than before) in place, we’ll have to allocate our points more wisely - but at least the game now displays techpool, lab, and total cost values separately for the engine and trim. For example, $45m total costs for the trim and $15m total costs for the engine would be OK, but $60m and $5m for the trim and engine, respectively, exceeds the combined total cost allocation limit and is therefore illegal.

Could we possibly extend this by 24h? I’m American and currently at work. This would mean I only have whatever time after I get home and before bed to reconfigure. I think many Americans are in a similar situation

note: I know I won’t win, but I’d hate to throw a total rushjob at CSR.

2 Likes

is techpool definitely translating across properly with the latest update? I maxed out the $80m budget but now my car is only using $36.2m

It’s not gonna take long at all, though. Stats haven’t changed, you now just have some more techpool to throw at it to reduce price

Speak for yourself, I’m just now getting home and usually go to bed (or at least shut off the PC) an hour or two from now. And I know some people don’t have time for it at all.

2 Likes

Took me 6 minutes to be satisfied with my refresh. This really is a miniscule deal.

2 Likes

I just turned on my computer today after being off for a whole week… plumbing, kids, life…now i gotta tweak some cars hopefully tomorrow before the Christmas party :upside_down_face:

1 Like

To accomodate for the people situated on the left side of the globe, I will extend the deadline for another day.

Have a good day…

8 Likes

Well I won’t need a reentry I think… Techpool seems to be okay, though I didn’t play with quality sliders enough to have the gist of it. I’m happy with the stuff I made, may be subpar cause the limit is way-way over my settings. I guess techpool just made the game too complicated for me.

7 Likes

6 HOURS REMAINING

With nothing else stopping our tracks, I have currently got legal entries from the following:

@ZenturiYT
@Urke101
@the-chowi
@Texaslav
@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T
@Snarklz
@Riley
@RAZR
@Portalkat42
@Maxbombe/@vouge
@mart1n2005
@Ludvig
@lotto77
@Ldub0775
@Knugcab
@Hilbert
@HermannMatern
@GetWrekt01/@HybridTronny
@GassTiresandOil
@Falling_Comet
@EnCR
@doot
@donutsnail
@Djadania
@ArizonaCaseo
@AndiD
@abg7
@nicholasrams774
@Atomic/@Fantic2000
@vero94773

Reminder: The most recent submission that you have submitted will be the one that I am using for judging.
11 Likes
is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

The 2004 G2G series Harrier sTRAIL

By Halvson

The new G2G series Halvson Harrier represents the best of the G2 harriers, and the new sTRAIL illustrates its impressive adaptability.

With the clean and efficient I5NG powering it, it’s good for a shockingly quick 6.4 second 0-100, and a top speed of 240km/h, all on top of an impressive offroad ability and comfort thanks to the viscous LSD and smooth 5 speed auto.

The sTRAIL is no slouch for practicality, either. With a convenient wagon body style and a towbar as standard, it can really do anything.

Available now for $20,000, call your nearest Halvson dealer or visit us on the web at www.halvson.com for more details and to book a test drive.

6 Likes

SUBMISSIONS HAVE BEEN CLOSED OFF

Write-ups will be posted as soon as I possibly can...
14 Likes