Cult of Personality ][ : The Boogaloo [LORE][RD 5 FINAL RESULTS]

You could still enter the final round by putting the same engine in a different body (as long as it is not a meme/exotic body) while following these rules:

I think to some extent he wanted to make that specific car

3 Likes

1992 Ryuji Goemon RS Turbo

The Ryuji Goemon first debut in 1970, eccencially being nothing more than a coupe variant of the Chariot sedan with a hotter engine setup. But it’s low cost and easy upgrade potential meant that it soon became a common sight on racetracks throughout the world. For the 1990’s, fans of Ryuji’s sport coupe were in a bit of a surprise when the fourth generation Goemon debut.

Gone was the third gen’s rear wheel drive chassis, being replaced by a traverse front wheel drive setup related to the one used under the rest of the Ryuji passenger car lineup, with McPherson struts up front and semi trailing arms in the rear. Despite the outcry from a few rear drive purists, the new Goemon proved to be an excellent handler and with an optional 140hp 2.0L 16V inline four ( a 100hp 1.6L came as standard equipment) it was quicker than the outgoing model as well.

But in light of what Ryuji’s rivals were beginning to churn out, it was determined that an even more potent version would be needed. And so for the 1992 model year, the RS Turbo was added as a halo variant. The 2.0L engine was fitted with a Garrett T25 turbocharger putting out 12psi of boost, as well as a host of internal changes to better cope with this forced induction. This new engine made 196hp @ 6700 rpm and 194 lb-ft of torque at 4300. An all wheel drive setup was developed to allow this newfound power to make it to the road. This allows the 2452 pound sport coupe to reach 0 to 60 in 6.4 seconds and a top speed limited to 130mph (ungoverned test mules were seen hitting almost 190mph). 15 inch alloy wheels, vented disc brakes, anti lock braking, and trick aerodynamics mean the RS Turbo handles and stops just as well as it goes. Production is planned to be limited for it’s introductory year with prices starting at $16,071 before options.

9 Likes

1990 Boulder Boundary LE

Details

Through the 1980s, Boulder saw sales of it’s truck-based SUVs increase dramatically, with the vast majority of buyers viewing the vehicles as alternatives to traditional station wagons rather than utilitarian workhorses. With this information in mind, Boulder set about making a new truck that would better cater to their new clientele in this growing segment.

The new truck, called the Boundary, utilizes a version of Boulder’s compact truck chassis, but features modifications intended to make for a better family vehicle. The most major change is a cab-forward design that trades engine bay area for interior space, as compact V6 engines designed for passenger car use elsewhere in the Turból umbrella were deemed sufficient for the Boundary. Unlike the trucks it is loosely based on, the Boundary also includes independent front suspension on both 2wd and 4wd models. The leaf sprung solid rear axle was retained to keep a flat load floor in the rear, and the roof was slightly raised over the rear to further increase interior space. Luxuriously appointed trim levels, such as this LE, have been added to the range; quite a stark change for the traditionally utilitarian Boulder brand.

For fear that this newer, softer Boulder may alienate more traditional Boulder customers, the Boundary was styled in a very conservative, boxy fashion, and available options keep the vehicle quite offroad capable. This example is optioned as such, with 4wd, a manual rear locking differential, skidplates, larger, offroad-oriented tires, and an externally mounted full-size spare.

15 Likes

So if you enter one in a demo derby, does it become Boulder dash then?

1991 Starley Swerve RSi
The 1990 Starley Swerve was a competitive, compact executive saloon that rivalled cars such as the Hakaru Gemini in the four-door market. However for the 1991 year, a coupe was introduced with sportier tuned underpinnings, whilst still retaining modest practicality with a spacious boot and a rear row of seats that can fit three smaller passengers or two average sized adults.

For the US market, many standard modifications were made to comply with the regulations, and a more optimized marketing campaign suited to US buyers. As a result of market research and surveys, a more powerful sound system and a plush leather interior came as standard with US cars, which helped boost sales.

Pictured above is the 1991 model Starley Swerve RSi 2.0. (USDM)
The LCE2Q4 2.0 powerplant was carried over from the models used in European cars, as they were found to be compliant with emissions already due to the recently developed environmental research sector, funded by the joint UK and EU government funding schemes.
10 Likes

This vehicle is being rejected as initially submitted due to use of illegal parts. Competitor may edit and resubmit, but must do so before the entry cap fills up.

4 days remaining in the competition, and 4 slots remaining.

Edit: received a legal edit of the car. 3 slots remaining.

5 Likes

Cyanide Motors 1990 Hellhound

CM Hellhound Z3

As soon as Bernard Cyanide, grandson of Henry Cyanide, became involved with the company’s design department, some could see what was coming, Bernard’s interests displayed quite clearly. And yet nobody stopped him, apparently acknowledging the merit of his ideas. And thus, the Hellhound would come to be. Sold in three engine options, from a 2L turbocharged engine, through 3.6L engine all the way to a 4.8L V8 powering the Z3.
With 365 horsepower the car boasted a 0-100 time of under 6 seconds. The handling wasn’t bad either and it was augmented by systems such as limited-slip differential, ABS and traction control system. Interestingly, the car was speed-limited to 300 km/h for the sole purpose of preventing excessive tire blowouts. Originally intended primarily for Hetvesian, Gasmean and American markets, the car would eventually be sold in other countries as well.

Engine

CM-1990 E-3 M481

• Power: 365 hp @ 6600 RPM
  • Capacity: 4.8L
  • Cylinders: 8
  • Valve train: 16-valve DOHC

The presented version is the american market version Z3 with full equipment and 4.8L engine

4 Likes

How much coupes and sports cars do we have this time lol

3 Likes

here comes another sports coupe.

The 1989 Matsuma SI-z

Powered by a revvy 1.6l four cylinder the SI-z makes 123bhp@7500rpm. This power is sent through a 5 speed gearbox to the rear wheels. Even with this low amount of power such a lightweight body and balanced weight distribution means the SI-z is a fun well handing car.

COP2R5_-mart1n2005-_Matsuma_SI-Z.car|attachment (104.6 KB)

8 Likes

The answer is “yes”

3 Likes

I got curious, and went and looked. Of the 29 accepted entries so far, 21 of them are dedicated sports cars, or sport versions of sedans, wagons and hatchbacks. There are also 2 more sedans that I can’t tell weather they’re meant to be sporty or not (The Ivera’s performance isn’t described, and multiple versions of the Hinode were shown without specifying which was entered). Then there are 3 normal sedans/wagons, 2 SUVs, and one minivan. Both the minivan and one of the sedans also supposedly have offroad pedigree.

I thought the amount of tiny hatchbacks in round 3 was silly, but dang…

4 Likes

I’d have to say coupes and sports cars were obviously pretty popular during that time :laughing:.

6 Likes

I mean, the round’s description pretty much set a performance revival as the main theme for the time period.

6 Likes

Art imitates life I suppose?

6 Likes

I used random.org for every round to choose which model, trim and paint that should enter. This time it happened to be the halo car of IP, lol. On the other hand, all my other entries have been sensible and economical so it will be fun to see how this one is met.

4 Likes

I knew I was planning on unleashing another Rowlari this round, I just didn’t know which one or which variant it would be. It came down to a coin flip between the Rowlari Empress Grand Royale and what would eventually be the replacement, the Rowlari Moonlight Sentinel in Emerald Emperor trim.

Forgive the low-res image, that’s my native resolution, and as it’s just the “What If” image, it doesn’t deserve a proper photo-mode to clutter up this thread. But, the coin landed on tails, so I sent in the car at the end of life, and not the one to replace it.

And yes, that is a maximum-displacement V12. As for how long they’d get to use it, the Moonlight Sentinel is 1990-1999, so they’d get at least 9 years out of that engine plan before the New Millennium shows up and makes everyone downsize again. Plus, the other engines are available for it, but I really wanted to have a car that had the “Leviathan” V12 as an option.

4 Likes

One spot remaining!

5 Likes

If you counted my submission among the sporty ones, well, then the ad worked, apparently :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I had planned on doing a premium/luxury sedan, since that was the direction nearly all the Japanese manufacturers were doing at the time (Acura Legend, Lexus Ls400, Infiniti Q45, Mazda 929), but the body I had picked was bugged or something. The interior wound up being completely see through and the morphs kept resetting. So I went with my backup design instead.

4 Likes