Cult of Personality ][ : The Boogaloo [LORE][RD 5 FINAL RESULTS]

The theme of each round is going to be a year range. There are going to be no car type themes, you can submit anything realistic and non-memey that could have existed in that timeframe and been sold (either via a dealership or an importer) in the US or Canada.

3 Likes

If one get disqualified from a round, does that disqualify them from future rounds?

My main US/CA brand (and performance badge/brand) is absorbed by my euro brand in the 80s, so clarification on multiple brands would be good.

As for ads, I like doing non-serious ads but only did a handful of era correct ads in the past. I could do a few along the way, but mostly would probably focus on the cars and I see it most likely gets discarded.

3 Likes

If the brand lore is located in the Autoverse, but the post here makes the bridge to North America clear, that’s fine I guess?

And, depending on time, I might actually delve into attempting peroid correct ads…

No.

Yes.

How about this: For multiple brands, lay out the brands you will be using in the FIRST round post, and timeframes that the brands are active.

Ex: For my lore companies, Ardent is the primary company, active before WW2 (pre-game). Townsend is the luxury marque; it was independent until purchased by Ardent in 1956. Suzume is technically still independent as Ardent doesn’t have a majority stake, but as of 1974 some of their models started being sold in the US as captive imports. (Prior to 1974, they would not be valid for this competition)

3 Likes

Alright, seems there’s enough interest to proceed. I want to give a little extra time for the first round, so we’ll kick it off now.

Round 1 - Dawn of the Golden Age - 1960-1966

A period of strong growth throughout the country, particularly in highways and suburbs. Cars are even more interwoven into the fabric of mainstream society than ever before, and for the well-off, act as social tokens as well. So what does YOUR company have in store for this period?

Requirements for ALL Entries:

Model trim year: Trim year may not be earlier than 1960 or later than 1966.

Engine variant year: Variant year may not be later than 1966 or the model trim year, whichever is earlier.

Regulations for North American Compliance:

Fuel: Leaded (universal), Super Leaded (universal)

Bumpers: Required, but no regulation as to size or strength.

Front lights and fixtures: At least one pair of headlights required; these must be 7" round, sealed-beam units if its one pair, or 5.75" round, sealed-beam units if two pair. (I know you can’t “measure” per se, but if they “look small”, count on needing two pair). Headlights may NOT be covered by a glass or plastic shield. At least one pair of turn indicators required. Turn signals may be placed in bumpers. Parking lamps are optional.

Front light colors: No red may face forward. Headlights must be white. Turn signals must be amber. Optional parking lamps may be white or amber.

Rear lights: At least one pair of brake lights. At least one pair of turn signals. At least one pair of reverse lights. Turn signals and reverse lights may be placed in bumpers. If turn and brake lights are in the same fixture and of the same color, there must be a minimum of two bulbs in the fixture.

Rear light colors: Brakes must be red. Reverse must be white. Turn signals cannot be white.

Side marker/signal lights: Not required until 1968.

Side light colors: If present, front side markers must be amber, rear side markers must be red.

Mirrors: Driver’s side required.

Aerials: Long mast antenna required if car has a radio.

Fuel fillers: Fillers on the rear panel and hidden behind fixtures are legally allowed (Regulations banning this will occur in the 70’s). Fuel fillers must be on the opposite end of the vehicle from the engine.

Tires: Cross ply tires are REQUIRED.

File Naming Convention:
Model: COP2R1-(username) Trim: (MFR Model Trim)

Engine: COP2R1-(username) Variant: (Whatever you want to call your engine)

Export and PM me the .car file, make a post about your car in your lore thread (if possible), and make a post with picture or ad in this thread before the deadline. Also, as this is the first round, please make sure to include your company’s name and home country.

Round 1 deadline: Thursday July 8, 11:00 AM PST (UTC-7)

9 Likes

I try not to clutter down my lore thread too much before the update, so…

1963 IP RUGGER PANEL VAN

In 1948 the Mamayan* automobile manufacturer IP presented their first car, the Lily. Soon the sedan got some company from the Lily Rugger, a small pickup truck, that later also evolved into panel van and station wagon variants.

When the Lily was moved to an unibody platform in 1955, the models went separate ways. The Rugger now became a model series on its own, built on a separate frame. The next generation Rugger was introduced in 1963 and was not much more than a natural evolution of the 1955 generation. This was the last time the Rugger was available as a panel van. Also, the last generation with a station wagon body, until the SUV craze spawned the Rugger based IP Terrex in 1987.

The third generation Rugger was produced until 1968 when a new, more modern Rugger appeared, now only available as a pickup truck.

*=fictive country in the Pacific rim

4 Likes

I have to ask if there are any rules about license plates?

Related to this, is it okay if we use 2 or more brands that aren’t necessarily connected in any way, so long as we declare them from the outset?

Example

My main brand for this challenge will be an american brand called Bazard, and it’s Autoverse marque, Centara (a sort of Nissan-Datsun type deal), which makes regular commuter cars and commercial cars. But I have a completely separate brand called Tartesso, which is a Lamborghini/Ferrari counterpart based in Spain. The companies are completely unrelated (save Bazard could act as Tartesso’s importer for a span of years if it had to), but if I declare them both in my first post, can I use them interchangeably throught the competition?

Also, when a car has multiple variants (i.e. wagon, sedan, panel van), should/can we send multiple of them, or just pick one?

3 Likes

(Do i have to DM you about the brand lore like Generations)

a question

are people entering the first round expected to enter every successive round?

If you place one, it must be a US or Canada plate. There is no requirement to place one.

No. If their lore is not connected, and they are significantly different in their approach, this goes against the spirit of the competition. See above and my “Cadillac/Ferrari/Skoda” example.

You pick one. You can write in your blurb about what bodies it was available in, but only the one you send in will be graded.

All that you need to put in the first DM to me is company name and host country. The rest of the lore that you want to put in, you do so in your submission in this thread.

No. There will be only 5 rounds, however.

And the 5 rounds is supposed to cover every single year between 1960 and 1992?

Yes. As you can see, this round is covering 1960-1966.

Yes, I was just curious if some years would be skipped, or if the whole period was supposed to be covered. :slight_smile: But 5 rounds will be just enough I think. Quality over quantity and still time periods short enough to not be comparing completely different eras.

Can’t we just use the automation dealership plates (the ones like “camshaft”, not the european ones)? The american plates in game dont really play along with fixtures and without a plate at all certain spots can feel empty.

Basicly not using country plates just putting these to detonote "this is where the plate goes:.

Is it the American 12"x6" format?
Then the answer is yes.

What? I have no idea what you mean :thinking:

Basically this: the american plates in game dont abide the ordering of fixtures (1 to 4, which fixture is on top). so it gets finnicky when trying to place them on grills or bumpers for example.

Plates

If the default american plates are the 12x6 then I can resize the dealership plates to fit them, so it should work when I can’t get the american one to look properly with other fixtures.

Just use 3d to bring them forward

3 Likes