Cult of Personality ][ : The Boogaloo [LORE][RD 5 FINAL RESULTS]

I didn’t pay attention, but I don’t think any realistic plates behave differently. That’s why you have several variants with various spacing from the body. Also you can leave or cut out a space for the plate or, as said, use 3D placing.

I see no reason to use anything else than 3d fixtures for plates TBH, that’s how they would behave IRL anyway.

The two halves of the company I’ll enter with are Bricksley Motor Company and Rowlari Motor Company. Think of the two as Ford and Lincoln respectively. Rowlari may or may not show up, depending on what vehicles I feel will fit the current round.

In 1965, Bricksley was, for all intents and purposes, facing bankruptcy and struggling to make cars that people would want. The best example, perhaps, of their reason for failing to thrive was the 1965-68 Atlantean. A big, heavy brute of a station wagon, offered only with a 464ci inline six producing a bit over 250 horsepower, with an option between a three-on-the-tree manual, a 2-speed automatic, or, in the luxury model, a three-speed automatic, with a powerful thirst for gasoline like people had for alcohol in the 1920’s.

Some say that the owners of the company just didn’t know what the market wanted. It certainly wasn’t a giant road-boat with three bench seats, a straight six, and an auto-box. Bricksley missed the mark to make a sedan out of the Atlantean, and the company’s dislike of V8 engines led to slow sales among the general population, who saw V8 engines as the only logical way to propel such a large car, believing that no straight six could be powerful enough to move the Atlantean quickly. With a 0-60 time over 10 seconds, a quarter mile just under 18 seconds, and a 120 mile per hour top speed, the Atlantean wasn’t slow, but in the golden age of muscle cars, it was glacial.

6 Likes

@Madrias, your dedication to the small ship sized inline six is, ahem, Admirable*.

I take it that this land cruiser (too big to be a yacht, hahaha) is RWD? I understand why this would be, since that super six and L-FWD would be nigh on unpackageable, but a small part of me lives in hope that you’ve made this beauty a FWD!

@Knugcab, I didn’t miss your entry either, hahaha! I think the Rugger would have sold well in Australia as we had leniant commercial vehicle rules since, well, forever! The reason Australia has so many Volvo 240 wagons is because of this loophole… IP is in the Pacific. Australia is in the Pacific. Makes sense to me, hahaha!

" * " - Madrias please PM me if you don’t get the joke, hahaha!

P.S. It’s a Dad joke :wink:

3 Likes

Bricksley, and by extension, Rowlari, only use pushrod engines and RWD. Sinistra’s L-FWD glory days are behind me, unfortunately, as too many engine bays are too small for such reasonably sized power plants to fit.

2 Likes

@ Sinistra, press “F” for respect :grin::open_mouth::hushed::confused::slightly_frowning_face::worried::cry::sob::sneezing_face::sob::cry::sneezing_face::mask::skull::ghost:

4 Likes

On top of that, what about the background for a plate of that size? Must it be of an actual US state (or the District of Columbia) or Canadian province, or not?

1 Like

He was saying the content of the plate doesn’t matter, it just has to be the right size.

3 Likes

1966 Madison Trebuchet 427

Launched in 1966 just as the muscle and pony car scene was taking off in America, the Trebuchet quickly found its niche among enthusiasts and hot-rodders due to its ample power and sharp-suited styling. It was offered in a wide variety of exterior colors, but unlike most of today’s vehicles, few of them were monochrome shades.

A wide variety of engines was offered during its eight-year production run - this example is fitted with a 7.0L (427ci) overhead-valve V8, which developed 330 (SAE net) bhp and 440 lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful engine available at launch. The underpinnings were typical of any contemporary muscle car, with A-arms up front and a live axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs at the rear, mounted on a ladder frame. Front disc brakes were standard on the 427 and optional on lesser trims; all trims had rear drum brakes.

The resulting car could zip from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.5 seconds and cover a quarter-mile in 14.7 seconds. Standard equipment on the Trebuchet 427 included a shaker hood, high-performance cross-ply tires, a close-ratio 4-speed manual gearbox and a Traction-Lok limited-slip differential (simulated here by an automatic locker). Options included magnesium wheels, a 3-speed automatic transmission, a vinyl roof, and a premium interior and stereo package; however, only the latter two were fitted to the example shown here.

Trebuchets (especially the bigger-engined versions) were commonly used in drag racing, but a few enterprising individuals had the audacity to use them in road course racing - a task easier said than done due to its crude underpinnings, but still possible thanks to the sheer grunt of its big-block engine. In recent years, its provenance has also made it a candidate for restomodding, especially for Pro Touring. Unmolested examples, however, are now sought after by classic muscle car collectors, especially those with the 427/4-speed combination.

5 Likes

am i allowed 1 set of big and one set of small lights on the same car

No, you only get one pair of one kind of sealed beams, according to US law at the time. (Edit: I meant one set of sealed beams. Only 2 7’’ lights, or 4 5.5’’ lights.)

However, that law applies only to headlights. So if you want to have, say, one set of sealed beams, and then a pair of oddly large turn signals or some other kind of light, that would pass.

Take this 70's Mercedes for example. The outer 2 lights are 7-inch sealed beams, and the inner 2 are just big fog lights.

5 Likes

No, the law from 1957 to 1973 was the way I wrote it in the round rules:

You are, however, correct that a second pair of smaller lights that are NOT headlights may be used, as long as the headlights are one pair of 7" round sealed beams.

I should also note that covering headlamps with a glass or plastic shield was NOT allowed in the US until 1983. I will go back and clarify that in the rules on this one bit. If any of the 3 people who have submitted already need to make an adjustment, let me know.

Edit: I should also remind you that if your car is foreign, you MAY violate US lighting rules and do whatever is approprate for your home country. However, you will ONLY qualify for the import/export category, and no others.

Edit 2: That Mercedes you displayed may have Euro-spec lighting on it. The equivalent US model (looks to be about a '78) appears to have 2 pair of 5.75" sealed beams on it. It would be neither the first nor last time that the Euro-spec and US-spec model had a different front end.

5 Likes

Just to clarify: not covering headlamps you mean this difference, correct?

Bottom should be the correct/allowed version?

2 Likes

Yes, that is correct. Top = Euro compliant, Bottom = US/CAN compliant.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant one “set” of sealed beam headlights, with 4 5.5’’ lights or 2 7’’ lights counting as one set.

And the Euro-spec of that Mercedes W124 used modern composite headlights.
At least, it did according to this source. Should probably cite these when I use them. :D

Edit: Still, should probably double check/research what I write before I post it next time. I admit fault there.

Edit 2: Bruh, how did I just see the European plate on the image I used?

The W123 shown is a lower spec euro model, yes, that had round lights behind a glass cover (outer = headlight, inner = foglight). The US model looked almost the same but used 7" sealed beams for the outer headlights and had no cover over the lights (and also, yellow foglights). You can also see the heftier US bumper here.

Higher spec euro models (and from 1983, every euro W123) looked like this:

6 Likes

1965 SHIDLEY SKIDMORE

Released in 1964, the Skidmore was a medium sized executive car placed between the Bruv and Ciggy in the Shidley lineup. It was the 1st above-compact Shidley to use unibody construction. Engines ranged from a 2.4L i4 to a 3.8L V8 and the car could be had in 2 door, 4 door or 5 door variants. This top trim Rapide 3800 featured a 160hp V8 engine, sporty and comfortable interior, a 4 speed manual gearbox and a distinctive 2 tone paint with side stripe.

11 Likes

Are you still working on this, or did you forget to PM me the .car file?

i havent quite finished tuning it, ill send it soon

1966 Schnell New 1700S

Thanks @HighOctaneLove for fixing up the car.

Advertising.

Introducing the New Series line of cars. Made to replace and rename further cars in the 1000 Series lineup, a series of Sport sedans and Executive cars starting in 1966 onwards. This example features a 1700cc engine with a measly 84hp. This car was made to redesign the entire lineup of cars and revolutionise them. Starting from 11500AMU. It boasts a 20MPG rating and a very aerodynamic design. Only the best of German Engineering

5 Likes