Custom Badges

What does your badge look like?

I think it’s the one in his signature :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh that wasn’t there when I last looked, or i’m not very observant (which is certainly possible). But that doesn’t suit my technique at all, unless I want to split it into pieces (crown, inner, outer ring) and then convert those into separate model pieces.

I might consider doing it, since that image doesn’t look quite high quality enough to just map as a texture, but that’s a bit of work, since I would have to redraw each piece by hand first.

Don’t act like remaking his badge is a lot of work :stuck_out_tongue:. I can do that in 20 minutes if you want.:wink:
Contact me through PM if you need some help! :slight_smile:

Just a quick 3d model of the badge… needs optimizing

I almost have my own badge working in the game, at which point I’ll also add it to my company thread, and probably as my avatar too. :slight_smile:

Don’t make it sound so easy either, because it’s really not. Anyway I like to go for a little bit more detail then that.

Anyway, it’s mostly irrelevant, since I won’t have access to 3DS Max again until after the holidays (28th or later). But I do have Maya.

But here is the fbx (a general cross program autodesk format) for this badge.

crown_badge.zip (24.3 KB)

Well done! Looks good! I had to rush mine in just 30 minutes.
I think it still could use some smoothing around the edges.

Well, a bit of chamfer would surely look nice. It could be argued that for a model as small as a badge it’s not really needed, but there is all sort of detailing going on the crown already, so…

I’m in love! Thank you so much, that was very nice of all of you!

It doesn’t seem to be working for me. I get that start-up error indicator.

Does anybody think they could do something with this?

Do you want that made in the game? Or do you want someone to make it into a more detailed badge utilising that design?

[quote=“jhd1124”]I’m in love! Thank you so much, that was very nice of all of you!

It doesn’t seem to be working for me. I get that start-up error indicator.[/quote]

The file I provided doesn’t work in automation. It’s specifically a format for 3d modelling software, just in case someone else wanted to convert it to proper automation format for you. Since I can’t at the moment.

On that note… Merry Christmas

np1993_badge.zip (13.7 KB)

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to UV map this, you can probably just planar map it.
EDIT2: I also forgot to normal map it. Erm… 50 degrees will probably work.

Holy shoot, I wasn’t expecting a reply, never mind a badge so quickly! I don’t know how to LUA map, but there a few fellas on here that I am sure could lend a hand.

Automation modding community for the win!

Think someone could make my Christmas Merry?

Sorry, you copied that right off deviant art from the looks of the filename. I don’t want to do anything without the artists permission.

This is my logo (I need someone to make my badge: I don’t have 3DS MAX x86):

Are badges modelled the same way as vents?

I think the UV Mesh is similar to the grilles, while the model itself is similar to the vents
So: Full Model, UV Mesh only half of it.

Well, it’s from Mass Effect, so as long as its shipped with the game i dont think they’ll care. As long as its the star with the chverons, or some variation thereof, I will be extremely grateful.