Custom Badges

I know it’s been requested like half a billion times (yes, Wizzy, I used the search function!) but is anyone actually working on making custom emblems/badges?
(Prepares for the shitstorm that is about to ensue)

Next time, please use the sear… Oh, alright then.

I don’t know if someone is modelling letters, but it should not be too bad.

[quote=“Jakgoe”]Next time, please use the sear… Oh, alright then.

I don’t know if someone is modelling letters, but it should not be too bad.[/quote]

Would love to do it myself if I could but all that fancy 3D shit is beyond me.

I am working on one or two badges right now :wink: Something may come in couple of days.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I just downloaded 3DSmax and tried making an emblem of sorts, but I can’t get the .kjc shit to work.

Wizzy has already modelled a Znopresk badge and I think it may be available for download somewhere.

And Microwave, if you’re having trouble with the kjc stuff and the LUA files, feel free to send me the model and I can do all that stuff and send the finished folder back to you. :slight_smile:

The modelled Znopresk Badge is available in my Thread :slight_smile: Soon there will be one or two more!

When I boot 3DSmax, it comes up with the error:

DLL <C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\PlugIns\KajiraExport.dle> failed to initialize. Error code 193 - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I’m running a 64 bit computer and such sooo if any of you know how to fix this then please do help!

search.php?keywords=32+bit+kajira

Oh, well that’s dandy! :smiley:

See, there we had it again, basically Kubby showed you something you could find by searching :stuck_out_tongue: haha!

Anyway man, Badges can’t be made properly right now, only with a slight hack Pyrlix and I did a while ago when making the Znopresk badge.

@Jakgoe: The letters wont work, as all badges align to the middle. You would either need to add them as exhausts, or wait for the devs to implement a custom badge system where you can type in characters, select a font and then than badge gets placed on the car when you click done. All they then need is for it to freely move around. Not high on the prioritylist, but I would personally love this!

[quote=“WizzyThaMan”]See, there we had it again, basically Kubby showed you something you could find by searching :stuck_out_tongue: haha!

Anyway man, Badges can’t be made properly right now, only with a slight hack Pyrlix and I did a while ago when making the Znopresk badge. [/quote]

Alot of the stuff that gets added to this game doesn’t concern me, all I want is a a chrome V8 badge! :laughing:

If it can be in the middle for you I dont see a problem in making it… it may look like the new Cita or Banhammer Badge - cuz its a big hack

If you have the time to make it and such then you know… feel free! :laughing:

I’ll say it here too pyrlix thank you so much for the badge!

I was wondering if you could take a 3d model and convert that into a badge. I specifically made it to be a badge (design, model, uvs).

Here is a preview…

Okay, I got my badge working, it took awhile. Without a good explanation on how the uvmesh system works in Automation (and probably in addition a good explanation on how 3ds max works as well), I wasn’t able to cut a nice jackrabbit shaped hole to fit my jackrabbit shaped badge into.

So you instead get two small square “attachment” dots, I like to call them. But it works, example, and download. I am not sure if a thumbnail was suppose to be autocreated, but it never was, so I just made one myself instead.

This is all probably pretty low quality, but given how much of the dumb I have when using 3ds max (vs say Maya), it turned out okay in my opinion.

Making this was a very interesting experience. My development chain went something like this, PaintTool SAI → Inkscape → (svg to eps converter) → Maya → 3DS Max (on a friend’s computer) → Automation

JackrabbitBadge.zip (49.5 KB)

That looks really good! That inspires me to get my own! (Or maybe bribe somebody into doing some for me… With money? :smiley: )

[quote=“BitTwiddler”]Okay, I got my badge working, it took awhile. Without a good explanation on how the uvmesh system works in Automation (and probably in addition a good explanation on how 3ds max works as well), I wasn’t able to cut a nice jackrabbit shaped hole to fit my jackrabbit shaped badge into.

So you instead get two small square “attachment” dots, I like to call them. But it works, example, and download. I am not sure if a thumbnail was suppose to be autocreated, but it never was, so I just made one myself instead.

This is all probably pretty low quality, but given how much of the dumb I have when using 3ds max (vs say Maya), it turned out okay in my opinion.

Making this was a very interesting experience. My development chain went something like this, PaintTool SAI -> Inkscape -> (svg to eps converter) -> Maya -> 3DS Max (on a friend’s computer) -> Automation

[attachment=1]example.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]JackrabbitBadge.zip[/attachment][/quote]

Looks great!

I’m not one for begging, but nothing would make a better Christmas present than taking my badge into the game. :slight_smile: