CW7: Golden Age Memories (closed, rankings pending)

In fairness, I was half asleep. I’ll fix it later. Fuck knows how I didn’t notice it though.

im sorry my ignorance. is this an automation challenge? I only see pics of real cars

2 Likes

The cars being posted are used as “inspiration” for whats good or bad for the client we are making an automation car for. See the cool wall in the main post.

4 Likes

So it’s like crowd-sourced inspiration but as moderated by the host?

Im sure it’s said somewhere but I’ll repeat, the idea is that you know what car the client would like after seeing all the cars on the cool wall. The host has an idea of the car that the client wants obviously and puts cars on the wall accordingly, it’s up to you to suggest cars that fit or dont fit to get an idea of what car you should make.

4 Likes

as such, here are my last two suggestions. I know where this is going, and the budget is :ok_hand: so catch me making supercars again.

1995 Lamborghini Diablo VT (pre facelift)

1990 Ferrari F40

Separate question, is convertible ingame at all viable? I see no rules about it, as it stands (imo) it’s at a significant disadvantage, namely weight wise and other minor stats. Is the plan to allow standard coupes made to look like convertibles, or do you have to have the convertible type in game to count as a convertible design?

2 Likes

Here’s my other three suggestions:

Third Gen Dodge Viper (2013 - 2017)

Saleen S7 (2000 - 2009)

McLaren F1 (1992 - 2000)

2 Likes

2012 Audi RS5

2017 Alpine A110

1 Like

I was waiting for the F1 to pop up, Probably a tiny bit too expensive to replicate which is why I didn’t submit it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking at the cars that made it to the cool wall, I think the budget needs revising. Some of these cars were well north of $60000 brand new…

The wall is more about what the client likes than what you are actually able to make. I guess most people would put a Ferrari F40 on the sub zero side, even if their budget only was large enough for a 20 year old base model Mitsubishi Lancer.

4 Likes

That’s something I can agree with. Remember, the budget only applies to your challenge submissions, not your Cool Wall suggestions (if you have any).

They may be worth that much new, doesn’t stop you from making a $40k one in automation with the same stuff.

Also note: You’re entering used cars, not new ones. They’re preferred to be in stock condition, but not required

1983 Subaru Loyale ‘Family Huckster’

1982 Mercury Capri

I forget the specific year, but this Taxi spec Peugeot 505, sold until Peugeot pulled out of the US in 1991

EDIT: Replaced the 504 Taxi image with that of an actual 505, also in NYC Taxi livery

For the car ads, do you want FB Marketplace type ads showing the used car or do you want era appropriate ads from when the car was realest?

2 Likes

Correction: that’s a 504

fun to see one of the best versions of the capri, the cosworth prototype one, shown. not typical of the average capri, but still fun. X3

Yep. Though the 504 was built as a sedan in France side by side with the 505 until 1983 (I think, longer in some developing countries) so it does qualify still.

A simple post containing at least one picture of the car will suffice, but I recommend that you also state its current used value as well.