CW7: Golden Age Memories (closed, rankings pending)

1981 Peugeot 504 Cabriolet

2007 Renault Megane Cabriolet

1994 Volvo 850 T5 R

4 Likes

I’ll start off with two

2005 Saturn Ion Redline

2007 Volkswagen Golf GTI W12-650 Concept

3 Likes

VW SP2

Saab 9-4X

Saab-9-4X

Cadillac CTS-V Wagon

VW Passat GT VR6

Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin

6 Likes

I guess rules are nailed now?

Will you start adding to the wall soon? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am away from home right now, but the rules are mostly set, and I’ll start building the wall as soon as I can.

3 Likes

2012 Mercedes-Benz C350 Coupe (gasoline version)

2021 Jaguar F-Type P300

2 Likes

KTM X-Bow

Opel Speedster

I’ll save the rest for later

4 Likes

Toyota Prius 1997

That is all.

4 Likes

Going to burn my last two now.

1. GMC Syclone (1991)

2. Maserati 3200 GT (1998)

2 Likes

One more from me:

2010 Ginetta G40R

4 Likes

Is the wall far away? :stuck_out_tongue: A bit hard to start building before we have at least a brief overview about where it is heading and it has soon been a week. But sure, I understand that life can come in the way.

5 Likes

Hopefully maybe we can get an extra week of submissions

2 Likes

I feel like I already know the answer, but given how Automation works I need to ask anyway: would using long tube headers count as unusual engineering (-1 point), if it’s the only way to get the desired powerband if I can get the actual numbers with other exhaust types, but that would produce the power too early and torque too late?

No. Long headers make sense in some applications, but not others, and will not be penalized if I feel they suit the class and era of car to which they were fitted.

Also, the Cool Wall has been updated:

Finally, submissions are now open. A bit later than usual, but you can start sending in your entries (and making additional suggestions to the Cool Wall, if you still have any valid suggestions left). And due to unforeseen delays, I have extended the deadline to September 14, 2024 (anywhere on Earth, as before).

2 Likes

OK now I see where it is heading, so let’s burn the last ones…

1991 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo

1985 BMW Alpina B10 E23

Let’s start with these two.

A Chinese RWD minivan, the 2015-Present Wuling Sunshine S

Soviet RR 2-door minivan(?) with sliding doors. Seems like they beat the Peugeot 1007, it’s the 1966 VNIITE Maksi

2 Likes

oh, that’s three of my plays in subzero. that being said, the Mark II is one of Japan’s drift rigs of choice— a JZ FR saloon— so I’m surprised it didn’t at least edge into being cool.

Cool Wall predictions weren’t too off on my end.

Any way, my nominees:

Soarer/SC400 GT-L

'94 3000 GT

'94 Acura Vigor

'95 Legend Coupe

AMG Galant Type 1

7 Likes

2000 Lotus 340R

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS

4 Likes

It looks like you’ve been fooled by a bad caption. That supposed 1994 Vigor is a Legend Coupe like the image below it :rofl:

2 Likes