CW7: Golden Age Memories (closed, rankings pending)

I’m going to be blunt, the cool wall has been updated once. And that was a week ago. You’ve since received 44 new cool wall suggestions from 15 different users. If you want to receive actual challenge entries, you have to update the cool wall more often. I’d suggest extending the deadline given the current, rather slow pace of this challenge.

10 Likes

@abg7 Dont know if you missed my previous question about country tech offset or smth else…

But it would be good to get an answers as it will have a big impact on at least my engineering and im guessing other peoples as well.

Also as many other people have said, you need to maybe be more frequent with cool wall updates. If you knew you were gonna be away during the challenge submission period you should’ve planned better. Also maybe update the cool wall in the main post instead of just posting a comment as a lot of people will prolly miss it.

3 Likes

Yep. Real life can happen, but it´s a bit comical to not update the wall and then wonder why nobody started building yet.

So, I encourage a deadline extension as well in case an update of the CW is still in far distance.

12 Likes

The Cool Wall has finally been updated. You may now check the OP to see what cars have been added to each category.

Here’s how it looks as things stand right now:

Hopefully this should give you a better idea of what Chris wants.

6 Likes

I may be blind, but you missed one of my cars, the RS5?

FS: 1989 STRENUS SYLPHIDE HT-4

(Read more about the car here)

Selling a Strenus Sylphide HT-4, the classic homologation special, in very nice, unmolested condition. Leather, spotless OZ wheels with new tyres, stereo, spotlights, original “Belgian competition yellow” paintjob. A classic that must be seen!

Price: $20 000, no lowballers.

7 Likes

1990-1998 Volvo 960

1990-1998 Volvo 940

3 Likes

Apologies for the error - it’s now been added (along with a few more suggestions):

Also, @Happyhungryhippo suggested the Z33 350Z, but I just found out that @Riley had already done so; hence, the former’s suggestion for that car is not valid and won’t count against his quota (although his other suggestions, the E39 M5 and Subaru XT, did).

Just to clarify, the same car cannot be suggested twice, unless the suggestions were of two different generations of the same model.

1 Like

Technically the years and specs are different, but it’s much for muchness, I doubt they would place differently on the wall at all.

1997 Honda NSX Type S-Zero

Spyker C8 Spyder

Radical SR3

Jide 1600s

2 Likes

1998 Primus Legacy SV500

Grandpas comfortable ride? Or a fast business sedan? The Legacy could be optioned for all use cases… and the most thrilling is surely that of a four-door sports car.

The SV500 as shown here was offered from 1998 to 2000, using a modified 5.0 liter V8 from the Primus Cognoscenti, but tuned up to 415 horsepower.
This car in “Electric Blue” is a boon for collectors, as it has the six-speed manual and performance tires. All previous owners were enthusiasts, which explains the low mileage and good condition. This German-spec car is also designed for Autobahn driving, with larger dimensioned brakes and a better oil cooler than the USDM models. It can be yours for just under $ 30k including customs.

9 Likes

As for my final cool wall submission, the 2019 Mitsubishi MI-Tech

1 Like

My last one: 2011 911 Carrera S

My last two entries:

2013 BMW Z4 sDrive28i

2017 Honda S660

Also, I noticed the Civic Type-R I suggested isn’t on the wall

Seems the Isuzu Impulse RS I suggested is also missing from the wall?

Neither of those are true anymore - I almost forgot about them, but finally put them on the wall:

1 Like

The 1982 Norrsken Esox

Used Esox R for sale:

More pictures from Craigslist

10 Likes

DISCOPOP

IT’S A MINIVAN WITH GULLWING DOORS!!!

RADICAL!!!

SUPER COOL!!!

THE BEACH!!!

Wee wawa doo da doo a la dee, hee

I suppose I can't just send this thing without any lore (also more pictures here)

The Quix Discopop is a gullwing door minivan with the seating capacity of five people. That means you got the fuel economy of a minivan, with the seating capacity of a hatchback. But at least it’s got the looks right! The Discopop was jointly developed with Yangwoo, its South Korean sister being called the Yangwoo YTS. The YTS was only sold in certain Southeast Asian countries. The YTS was made from 1990 to 1993, with grand total of 6,473 units ever produced.

The engine and drivetrain are 100% German engineering. The car was targeted for young families, victims of teenage pregnancy, and just for those who like to go the beach. It was an odd target group. The idea first arised in 1985, when Modern Talking had just released the hit song Chery Chery Lady. The head designer at Quix, Michael “Mike” Ehrmantraut was really high, and the song made him think of young families at the beach. Why? God knows. Either way, that’s when he drew the first sketch of the Discopop.

Unfortunately, the high purchase price, reliability issues and a lack of demand halted the production of the Discpop in late 1991. It’s sister model, Yangwoo YTS was made for two more years. Turns out, it’s really expensive to ship a bunch of minivans from South Korea to Europe. For unknown reasons, even the European market models were built in the Yangwootown Vehicle Plant, in South Korea. The Discopop has no direct successor. However a lot of the technology that was used in the Discopop has since been used in other Quix models. Like the CVT transmission. In fact, the Discopop was the first Quix vehicle with a CVT transmission.

The Discopop has since gotten nearly a cult-like following in the Europe. The unique design coupled to the fast acceleration make it a wanted car. Good condition models aren’t rare to come by, thanks to the excellent rust protection, but they can be rather pricey.

Here's the finished product compared to the regular body without any fixtures as well as some extra pics from the design room.

Yeah, this was pretty painful to make.

It’s also missing the mirrors for some reason. Welp, just imagine them being there.

And err… Here it is with the body hidden.

Yeah…

Pictures from the design room

Squishy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

Am I still in time for some degenerate (hope not) Cool Wall entries?
If so, here’s my pack

2002 Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon 3.2 GTA

1999 BMW Z8 Pierce Brosnan

1993 Renault Clio Williams

1996 Jaguar XK8

5 Likes