Dalnit-Bralka Rally 1965 [FINAL RESULTS!]

If there was more handy info particularly on drivability, tyres used and possibly even fuel economy, then we could be more definite. But so far, my favourite is actually @phale, as that car has no real apparent weaknesses.

My wild cards would be as follows:
@Der_Bayer has a solid car that could hold itself together while still performing nicely on and off road. Also comfortable enough so the drivers aren’t fatiguing a lot, thus can keep the car nicely maintained and performing optimally. It could survive a crash or two, though I wouldn’t wish that beauty a single dent!

@thecarlover 's entry, though sacrificing a lot of track speed (being even slower than my luxury estate!), has remarkable reliability and is the best entering off roader. It is possibly the most promising vehicle for the endurance stages!

However, @HowlerAutomotive did mention there’d be quite some luck involved. So, rub your pennies, right the horseshoes up and find a four-leaf clover while you’re at it; there’s a chance for our teams, @abg7 :wink:

1 Like

thank god there’s no typo in that post :wink:
anyway, i think i’m gonna excel in the shorter and more offroad oriented courses.
while on the endurance…
it’s gonna be either phale, airjordan or radust

execept that may car can rollover and go again :slight_smile:
if the driver survives. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow I didn’t expect to even qualify not that I finish fourth…

After arriving to the entry hall, jakub sikora did the last tweeks to his car such as cleaning the interior or polishing the paint. They were quite surprised that some of the participants arrived much later. The competition looked grim, more so that Mr. Sikora didn’t have the time to do test runs on the track, so nobody knew how well will the car race. The next day was the qualification. Nobody really slept in the night, Mr. Sikora and Mr. Stejskal were studying the track, the engineering team was checking the car one last time and to spice up things an official from Ravencraft came to check on the team. He was very sceptical about the capabilities of both the car and the unprofessional drivers. On the next day, everyone watched the lap with holded breath. The car with Sikora behind the wheel managed to do a 2:37:32 and the mood in the team was bellow zero. This time was very slow and they hoped to do at least 2:35. They lost almost all hope and the ravencraft official was almost on the leave. But then they slowly started receiving the times of other competitors and quite a lot of them had even worse times. This was a very much needed motivation. After the event, the cars came back to the entry hall and DBR officials started to do their thing. It didn’t took long and some of the cars were already being towed outside, they were disqualified. Mr. Sikora was certain that his car met the criteria, he not double, not even triple but four times checked the rules. Finally came of evaluation and the mood in Sikora Racing was so tense one mechanic fainted. Then the leaderboard was unveiled and at first everyone on the team was just staring at it with open mouths. Sikora Racing was on the fifth place, excluding the noncompetive howler automotive, the fourth. The shock slowly started turning into joy and it took almost 30 seconds before finally one mechanic shouted YEEES! On the whole hall. Soon every Sikora Racing member was shouting, jumping, running around, some even danced, others were throwing their caps into the air. The celebration was so intense, it looked like they won the rally. Someone took out a wine bottle, then an another and soon there was no sober person in the team. Except the Ravencraft official, who looked with disgust on these young men who were getting drunk right on the venue of the competition. It all didn’t last very long because DBR officials banished some of the members from the hall and the rest understood that they let their emotions a little too lose. Nevertheless, the party continued after that, first at the hotel where the team lived, then in the streets of the town. It lasted till morning light and the heads of everyone were banging two days later. The ravencraft official meanwhile acted as the team leader and the support of the factory was provided till the end of the rally.

4 Likes

I re-extracted both of your cars, and the prices remain as shown in the excel snip. Are you sure you don’t have any factory settings that could alter the price? Are you in the Stable build? Beyond those I cant think of anything that could be causing this.

:slight_smile: The Howler is on sport tires so it won’t be that fast in the stages. The Gnoo is on mediums (which seems to have been the most common choice).

I didn’t expect the entering cars to be so reliable :stuck_out_tongue: Though I think it was a good choice on your part to make them so.

I’m fairly sure it would be raining conrods if they tried :slight_smile:

Sure!

Edit: Every time I look at the Howler, I wish I’d gone for a slightly more sixties look for the headlights. Something like this for example. Much as I like the two stripey thing Howler has going, it’s a bit futuristic for nineteen sixty five. Oh well, live and learn.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this, but could we also see drivability, tire choice, hp, weight, and the economy figure you will use?

No :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll think about it. Perhaps I could round them somehow, to represent what you might hear from hearsay - that this opponent’s car is easy to drive but that one is not, or that this one barely sniffs its gasoline.

I suppose the power and tire choice would get out fairly easily…

Okay, makes sense. I’m just really curious as to how everyone approached this :wink:

Yeah, that’s fair :slight_smile:
I might try to work something into the Auto Show blurbs. I need to go and do some more data sorting first to see what the values actually are.

6 Likes

I’m using the version released on Steam … Will check factory settings … Anyway waiting for the next one now …

Oh for fucksakes.

My steam wanted to update itself.

Now, none of my mods are loading. I have restarted steam, restarted the computer, verified game cache, updated windows, uninstalled and reinstalled all the mods and… none of my mods are loading.

Does anyone have experience with this? Do I need to reinstall the game? Dance naked at a crossroads at midnight? Page Killrob? Send an ink-and-paper letter to Valve asking them in very polite but firm terms to go f themselves?

Your assistance in this matter is appreciated.

1 Like

just re-download the mods, that should see you right.

it’s a little time consuming, but it works

@HowlerAutomotive That happened to several users every once and a while… here is the best aproach:

taking from this thread: Workshop mods issues

Also, it may sound goofy, but don’t forget to tick the mods check-box at the launcher :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Sillyworld Thanks! I was ahead of you though, I just deleted the whole thing including Camso and re-verified.

True to form it didn’t bloody show me it was redownloading stuff after verification and after Camso reappeared so I was stuck there cursing at an empty folder for a few moments until stuff began to repopulate.

Cheers again, should be on the home stretch now.

4 Likes

that was a bit of a scare… you okay now @HowlerAutomotive ?

Yeah, it’s working. Still have a few cars to go through for the numbers, then I can get started on the pictures and blurbs.

4 Likes

Just wondering do disqualified cars still get a look in at the auto show?

1 Like

If possible, it would be nice to see them. Just exclude them from voting :slight_smile:

Yes they will. :slight_smile:

Edit: might as well try this out:

• Accelerate Fast
  • Corner Hard
  • Be Like Water
0 voters

It works! All credit to Sillyworld :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When will the Dalnit auto show open its doors?

have anyone tried running their car, or any other car through the nutsoring track and watching it all the way?
i just tried the track with a car from the 90s
at the end of the long straight, the throttle, WAVES?!?!?!?! like the driver is literally pumping on the gas pedal