Darkshine's Salt flat top 5 list

Yeah having seen that the car doesn’t really fit in with my company lore anyway, so I don’t think I’ll be posting anything. I’m a bit sad because I spent a lot of effort designing Mercury and ekeing out as much as I could and now I’ve just gone and shat all over my own effort :joy:

Yeah…well …That’s what subrands are for, right?

So the GG Mercury is in the works… will we get to see it soon?

Absolutely, I’m waiting for the beta to finish (and hopefully it’ll be compatible!!!) before I do release it. I’ll also detail what the crucial changes from 2015-2017 trim will be, but that’s for another time.

It may not matter much @RaduST but your screenshot shows a 0% markup not the required 15%.[quote=“Darkshine5, post:1, topic:16972”]
Cars must be sell-able in two regions in any category with a 15% markup
[/quote]

Really sorry about that guys. I forgot about the markup. I added it now.

1 Like

OK so after the next update (a couple weeks at least) I will be re-writing rules for this little experiment with fuel consumption and basic drivability as well as tyre choice limiting factors and there will be a open supercars class a 4 door sedan class a convertible class and a 1950’s tech class

1 Like

Stupid fast just got faster & more stupid. New Top Speed: 621.8 kph!

Now give me my crown goddammit!

Yes u are champ but I cannot update due to no computer sorry

1 Like

Don’t worry. I know my demand sounded imperative, but you should read it as a joke.

1 Like

Ok I finally got off my arse and have Mercury here. Only it’s not the Mercury that came out in 2015, no. That car was rudimentary and incomplete. It lacked in sophistication and had only one feature: the DRS that allowed the engine to run hot to boost the top speed to 500km/h.

Fast forward two years and now you have the Mercury in its completed form! In a very stark contrast to a certain Strop’s original proclamation that Gryphon Gear were “not interested in producing cars that tried to be more than one thing at once”, Mercury has been revolutionised as Gryphon Gear’s halo car, into a driving experience that can be molded and shaped by the driver through a state of the art HUD interface to get the most out of every situation. AR ratio, boost, torque, slip ratio and angle, fuel modes can all be customised to suit location, driving style and demand and quick-selected as a profile via Manettino dial. Thus Mercury can be anything from a daily driver hypercar (albeit one still just as difficult to squeeze into, we can’t change that) with 855bhp but getting 8.79L/100km. Or it could an Agera 1:One competitor, with 1340hp and kg apiece (and a fuel economy of 10.77L/100km). Or you could dial it up to maximum and bring 1675hp to bear, and comfortably manage 457km/h.

But that’s not what we’re here for today. Today, we’re going to smash right through the DANGER zone, override the torque limiter, and activate the DRS this will void the warranty until the car is checked and serviced at a GG approved shop because the engine will run hot and the conrods are only rated to 1500Nm. Today we’re going to show you a hypercar that can achieve 500km/h right off the floor and still drive around afterwards hopefully.

With torque limiter not overriden, the engine maintains a reliability of 76.

By the real world rules, this car will never qualify for “production” as we’re only capable of producing 25 a year, tops. Less given what else we have going on. I’ll also point out that the “modes” I created are outside the game’s scope to fully simulate, but either way, this is the car as it is off the showroom floor, no mods, no extra tricks (it’s already tricked out enough). I’m not shooting for first place.

The other qualifier is that this is a car that can only attain 500km/h using some tricks we’d rather not have to rely on. So the next evolution would be to build a car that can do 500 any day, all day. Okay, maybe not all day, I don’t think we even have car tyres that can survive that for more than 2 minutes.

4 Likes