Detroit Auto Show - 1960

I am also regretting that i cannot take part. my Motherboard for my computer decided it didnt want to work properly and then once id got a new MB, cpu and ram, my hard drive decided it didnt want to be a hard drive anymore and that it wanted to be a brick so i had to get a new one and thus all my automation stuff and everything on my harddrive was lost to time, including the two cars id made for this that i was nearly ready to show.

The latest and greatest from Petoskey Motors

Photo was taken before the show was open to the public, Ventnor Sovereign has been moved at the request of the venue.

The all new 1960 Cortino

All new for 1960, the Cortino is the perfect sedan for the family on a tight budget. The car is available as a sedan or a station wagon for those long comfortable trips. Engine options include a 230 cubic inch inline six, or a 307 cubic inch V8 for that extra grunt.

The Cortino Police Special is the perfect vehicle for navigating today’s confined urban metropolis streets. It’s smaller, nimble chassis makes the Cortino ideal for high-speed pursuit in scenarios where agility often takes precedence over outright speed.

The 1960 Ventnor Sovereign

Just five years ago, Petoskey’s luxury brand introduced the Sovereign. In addition to a power 432 cubic inch V8, the Sovereign introduced the HydraTorq 2-speed automatic transmission.

Jump forward to today and we’ve replaced the 2-speed slushbox with a new HydraTorq 3-speed automatic* The 432 V8 is improved with a new 4 barrel carburetor as well as numerous refinements. The 1960 Ventnor Sovereign also features innovative disc-brakes at the front for improved stopping power. Of course it wouldn’t be Ventnor without all the latest luxury refinements available and this generation does not disappoint. With refinement and comfort, the 1960 Sovereign is the ideal vehicle for discerning, cultured motorists like yourselves.

The new 1960 Stag Series

With the retirement of the HD line, the Stag Series stands as a worthy successor. Base model Stags come with a 261 cubic inch inline six while a 307 V8 is also available. For that extra towing capacity, the Stag HD makes use of the powerful Ventnor 432 V8.

But perhaps you and your family aren’t satisfied with just a road trip? You secretly yearn to explore the great outdoors, then the Stag Iroquois is for you. With a capable 4WD system, there just about isn’t a place on the planet that the Iroquois cannot reach.

Notes from Gordon Petoskey:

In addition to the HD series, we’re also saying goodbye to the Indian. The staple full-size car that has served the company well for nine years. At the present, Petoskey lacks a full size or mid-range option. New projects are in development, but it is too early to bring them to public attention.

Petoskey: Simple Budget, Exquisite Taste.
Ventnor: Luxury Redefined.

* HydraTorq transmission is also available in the Cortino Police Special.

2 Likes

After much headaching and strong language at Phoenix-Trident’s Yorkshire HQ ,due to the original entrys for the detroit show having been mangled due to an incedent at their holding warehouse, The company had to bring the launch of the Trident Sterling forward to the detroit show 1960 instead of its planned launch in '61 and put back the launch of their Flagship Phoenix range a year.

(and now to the actual info of the car instead of the non irl reasons i havent got my planned V12 range)

The Trident Sterling.
Although based on the floorpan of the Enigma MK1 saloon, The Trident Sterling 3500V8 Combines a Smooth 170BHP 3500cc V8 and Luxuriously appointed 4 seat interior with brilliant roadholding and highly styled and handsome bodywork to provide the ultimate in Premium GT refinement. with a Triple Twin-barrel carburettored 3504cc SOHC 2V V8 producing 170BHP and a 4 speed manual transmission, This stylish coupe can get from 0-62mph in just 9.43 seconds and on to a top speed of 117mph. This car also benefits from all round disc brakes and double wishbone suspension along with hydraulically assisted steering so you can keep the Sterling under control without exerting yourself. With enough space for 4 adults and a decent cargo space, this car is perfect for long, lazy weekend getaways with or without friends and family.

Phoenix-Trident Motor Corporation:
Luxury, Style, Sport and Quality - In every car

2 Likes

9 Likes

The Hampton Valiant range has been updated for 1960.

Left to right: Valiant Prime 3.0 Sedan, Valiant Deluxe 3.0 Wagon, and Valiant 3.5 Supreme Coupe

For 1960, our mid-sized sedan, the Hampton Valiant, will be available in three trim levels:

Prime - Entry-level trim for the budget-conscious, with vinyl seats and 3.0-liter straight-six developing 110 horsepower. Available in all three body styles (4-door sedan, 5-door wagon, 2-door coupe).

Deluxe - A more upmarket specification for wealthier customers, with leather seats, premium AM radio and optional 3.2-liter 120-horsepower straight-six engine. Also available in all three body styles.

Supreme - Our new range-topper, powered by a 144-horsepower 3.5-liter straight-six and with a sportier edge for more enthusiastic drivers. Only available as coupe or sedan.

All trims are available with either a 4-speed manual or 3-speed automatic transmission. Please contact your nearest Hampton dealer for pricing and option availability.

1960 Dominion Laurier Starliner

Bringing in the 1960s is Dominion’s new family car, the Laurier. Shown here is the top of the line Starliner featuring an innovative glass panelled roof to allow you and your family to gaze up at the stars. Talk to one of our show staff for more information and a brochure!

11 Likes

1960   LONGCHAMP  

SILVER   MONARCH

Why be a king when you can be a god?

The Silver Monarch is completely refreshed for the 1960 model year. With a brand new independent rear suspension, the ride quality is not only improved but stabilized in high-speed maneuvers. The bodywork and interior is shaped and assembled completely by hand over the course of five months, and a new 3-speed automatic transmission ensures smooth, responsive, and swift power delivery to the rear wheels. This isn't your average quaint British luxury sedan anymore; it's a grand tourer meant to conquer the interstates that stretch from sea to shining sea or fly down the Pacific Coast Highway.

Oh? What's this?

1960   LONGCHAMP  

SILVER   STING   COUPE

English refinement meets American power

For those who prefer to drive, than to be driven. Under the hood of the Silver Sting isn't a pedestrian straight-6 or finicky 12-cylinder, but rather a 427 cubic inch V8, pushing 346hp (SAE gross) to the rear wheels. With a top speed of 140mph, the Silver Sting can keep up with even the finest grand tourers Europe has to offer without breaking a sweat (or ending up on the side of the road).

13 Likes
A new face for the boldest car of '59

For 1960, The Incredible Iroquois gets the more familiar Elwood larger center grille and less doors with the Brillare package!
Extra

yes i made this in 10 minutes, however in my defense I forgot about this thread and wanted to participate anyway

20 Likes

Silver-York is proud to be attending the 41st Detriot Auto show, this year at the Cobo hall! It's 1960 and things are only getting bolder!

Silver-York Motor Corporation welcomes you to its 41st time arriving here, the only time absent was during the Second World War when we, as a great American company, helped provide military equipment and develop technology that is seen today in our current new fabulous range.

We at Silver-York have been committed to providing the greatest in luxury for over 50 years. Over these 50 years we have given the world numerous firsts over our lifetime. We continue to provide our innovation and desire to succeed and deliver to the patrons of luxury a product that not only provides them the essence of luxury but also a product that people aspire to own.
Nothing does quite resemble success like the name “Silver-York”. So for 1960 we have endured engineering boundaries to push forward and provide only the best to the American people so for 1960 Silver-York brings to you the 1960 Silver-York Brougham Forty-Nine

1960 SILVER-YORK BROUGHAM FORTY-NINE

On Silver-Yorks Standard of the World Stage stands the new Brougham flagship model presented by the ladies of America

The 1960 Brougham Forty-Nine grows bigger, bolder, brasher and only embodying Silver-Yorks standard of forever being America’s choice in luxury. For 1960 the Brougham Forty-Nine grows bigger, sitting on a longer 131" wheelbase allowing the car to appear sleeker, bolder and most importantly provide a far superior ride style for the man who knows what luxury means in a car. The most important progression for this car is the utilization of our Albany manufacturing site so Silver-York are proud to announce that the Brougham Forty-Nine will be built by Brougham of Albany, meaning this great limousine becomes a Hand Built beauty, with a body designed by Infanti S.P.A in Italy and hand craftsman ship of pure United States engineering standard.
The Brougham Forty-Nine comes with Silver-Yorks award-winning Big Block V8, this time improved by being handcrafted this great motor puts out 360HP (gross) and accelerates the car smoothly and comfortably.

The Brougham Forty-Nine is completely yours and can be customised to however you see fit with over 48 exterior colours including your choice of stainless steel or real leather roof, and 25 different leather choices ranging from bison to genuine ostrich leather. With every bell and whistle available as standard this Brougham product comes with self-leveling air suspension, memory electric seats, fully automatic air conditioning, Cyclone Cruise Control and so much more.

The Silver-York Brougham Forty Nine has a price of $13,400

Also new for 1960 is the 1960 Silver-York Sovereign available in hard-top sedan and pillar less configuration as well as new for 1960 a 2dr coupe also available is the 1960 Silver-York Margrave our flagship personal luxury coupe and our innovative 1960 Silver-York Basilinna our iconic also hand-built sports car.

32 Likes

Trail Tested, Trail Approved

The all new T-1500 4x4 from Grand Motors Truck Division (GMT).

With a brand new heavy duty inline 6 engine, and locking differentials, this truck is built to take on the toughest terrain. GMT will be accepting new orders for the 1961 model starting this summer!

This pre-produciton model we have on display was tested in the desert then driven all the way up here to prove it’s worth while wearing all the dirt it got down south. We then took it through some muddy trails near by to further prove its capabilities. (Tires were cleaned up to avoid staining the carpet.)

The new inline 6 is a 255ci pushrod engine built to withstand the test of time, couple to that is a heavy duty 4 speed manual transmission as part of the G32 Off-road package. The G32 Off-road package also includes a basic radio, heavy duty locking front and rear differentials, a heavy duty transfer case with high and low ranges, and tall 31 inch off-road tires.

Order your new 1961 GMT T-1500 4X4 with the G32 Off-Road package this summer from your local GMT dealership!

More Pictures

2 Likes

I know people don’t like shitposting and talking in serious threads but genuinely, actually, honestly…
what.
That is one of the greatest things I’ve seen, I’m just in awe and likes don’t do it justice. Thanks I’m quitting the game now

7 Likes

Crossley Motors LTD

Crossley Motors LTD is proud to be a apart of the 41st Detroit Auto Show for 1960, this is our premiere year at the auto show. Crossley Motors LTD was started in 1957 by the Crossley Family in the county of West Sussex in England. The founder is Viscount Maxell Alexander Crossley, with his American wife the former Mary-Ann Thompson. Crossley Motors LTD was founded with the intention of creating the ultimate luxury experience for only the wealthiest of noble families, businessmen and members of high society.

Crossley stands for build quality and craftsmanship above all else. Only the finest will do for Crossley so only the finest should do for you.

The Crossley Ordnance Saloon

Crossley is proud to unveil our first production model available for purchase now. The Ordnance Saloon is the finest of British and American craftsmanship. It features a 6.0L V16 with 380BHP that shifts the Ordance Saloon at a rapid pace to a top speed of 150MPH. The Ordnance Saloon glides down the road on sophisticated double wish-bone suspension and stops on a dime thanks to disk brakes all the way around. No need for changing pesky gears in the Ordance Saloon thanks too its advanced 3 speed automatic transmission. Which makes for an all the more comfortabel and lazy experience.

We will tailor your Ordnance Saloon to your tastes, any material, any style. All of it can be changed and chosen with our bespoke service and experience. We want you to be truly happy with your Ordnance Saloon, as the quality will long outlive the price of the car. However if you need to ask for the price, I’m afraid you simply can’t afford one.

More Pictures

Noblesse Oblige

Satsuo SL1000

The Satsuo Motor Corporation is arrives in America with the all new SL1000! Nimble, affordable, and reliable, the SL1000 is the new face of the modern sports car. Equipped with a 1L 4 cylinder engine producing 58 hp, this Satsuo can reach speeds up to 100 mph. Its fiberglass body keeps the weight down to just over 1500 lbs.

Coming in both convertible and hardtop form, all Satsuos set a standard for highly functional interior suitable for sunday drives and long trips alike. Find us at select locations for your SL1000 soon!

11 Likes

1960 Blaire Lynn Executive Sedan

Today we arrive at the Detroit Auto Show with a brand new sedan! The Lynn Executive Sedan our brand new ultra luxury sedan. Made with the finest materials and hand built in our Wisconsin factories this sedan promises to give you a nice ride for you and your executive friends presenter winks at the camera. The Lynn gives you soft seats that come in the highest quality wool or the finest leather of your choice. The Lynn also comes in all the colors of the rainbow so your children can have a blast when seeing these. Now enough blabbling lets see the Lynn!

MM M! Just look at that fine looking chrome! Just wonderful innit? The Lynn is also the first Blaire to come with reversing indicators! So all those lower levels know when it’s time for you to pull out! And if we take a look inside we have some very well made technology like electric locks and windows and electric memory seats. I bet you your car doesn’t have that. Oh, what’s this? A new “Cruise Control” option? I have never heard of this feature before. According to the designers this feature tracks the speed that you are going at and it stays there so you don’t have to put you foot on the pedal. Now that is what I call luxury!

These Progressive Springs give you a nice ride and the max comfort when in the Lynn. And in the back you have some nice cigar lighters, some champagne glasses, & curtains to hide that sun away! Suicide doors as they’re called are a growing trend in the Executive Sedan scene, and it shows on the Lynn. These fine chrome door handles make it easy to open and close the door. It also makes you feel more important as some may say.

And finally we look at the Lynn’s engineering. This massive 5.0L V8 making 227hp gives you a very comfortable ride and the baffled exhausts make the inside quite so you can feel the most relaxed. demonstrator turns on the Lynn with a semi-loud roar. OOOOH OH. Now wont you listen to that! The sounds of the quiet yet mean engine! That just radiates executive! And fuel isn’t a concern either in the Lynn as it gets 20 miles per gallon so stopping at gas stations will be more limited than EVER! Now you might be wondering the price of this bad baby. Well you can get your fancy hands on an all new Lynn Executive Sedan in July 1960 for $12,560.00! crowd gasps.

And that was the all new 1960 Blaire Lynn Executive Sedan. I am your host Melora Margrave and thank you for attending the presentation. Have a good day!

Blaire Automotive Co. ®️

3 Likes

1960 Panamericana 336SR

Join the fiesta!

Panamericana is proud to be among a handful of import brands to present at the 1960 Detroit Auto Show. We hope that this exposure will help more American customers consider something a little bit different.

Based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Panamericana is a young company, having only produced our first car in 1952, but we have tremendous ambition and a futuristic outlook. We bring a distinctively South American flair to Detroit tonight, and we hope you will join us, become part of the Panamericana family, and experience firsthand the magic behind our innovative design and engineering.

We thus thank Detroit for this opportunity to showcase the world premiere of the second generation of the best-selling Numero Tres sedan. As we understand Americans have a love for fast and powerful cars, we have decided to kick off the rollout of the Numero Tres line by debuting the 336SR first.

Our goal with the 336SR was to create a world-class sports sedan. And we believe we have done exactly that, combining the performance and handling of a sports car, the comfort of a luxury sedan, and the price and practicality of a family car.

Under the hood…is a trunk. That is right, all Panamericanas are rear engined. In the back is a 3.6 liter cast iron, single overhead cam boxer six with forged internals and breathing through two twin-barrel carburetors. Output is a healthy 195 hp and 194 lb ft of torque, with redline coming at 6000 rpm.

Performance is on par with the best sports cars in the world, with a 0-60 mph time of just seven seconds and a top speed of 126 mph. However, the 336, for all its performance, is astonishingly affordable, with a base price of just $18880.

Creature comforts are not hard to come by, with standard features including a progressive suspension, hydraulic power steering, advanced safety features, a standard AM radio, an automatic locking differential, 11 inch brakes all around with drums in the front and discs in the rear, P175/55R13 and P225/55R13 radial tires, and a four speed manual transmission. Optional equipment includes the “Panamatic” two speed automatic transmission.

In conclusion, we hope that this combination of performance, comfort, and affordability has convinced you, among other American customers, to join the fiesta.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your participation in this event. We hope you enjoyed taking part.

The next event will be the 1985 International Motor Show Germany at Frankfurt , on June 1st.

Please do not unveil any more cars.

6 Likes

yyeeeaahhh I’m excited for 1985 :wink:

And thank you for hosting it! Loved the idea of an auto show post and there were plenty of great looking submissions with amazing period accuracy.

I hope these auto shows happen more often. Can’t wait for Frankfurt!

1 Like

On that note, I can’t wait for that one either - and I (or more specifically, the Hampton Motor Group) will definitely have something ready for that one as well.

1 Like

I’ll definitely be there!