Different Tyre sizes front to back!

By popular demand! :mrgreen:

hahaha interesting!
I assume this will have an impact on how the car handles etc?
Are wheel / tyre sizes going to be calculated when working out customer demand?

Lol nice, perfect for building dragsters :smiley:

nice… but will the engine be able to configure out diff. rim sizes at front and rear suspension?
and will it be possible to configure out diff. tire profiles?

[quote=“Morpheus”]nice… but will the engine be able to configure out diff. rim sizes at front and rear suspension?
and will it be possible to configure out diff. tire profiles?[/quote]

Probably not, I can only think of 2 cars that have different tyre profiles front to back, the Chrysler crossfire and the honda beat :laughing:

And my offroad toy :laughing:

Being able to select different width front and rear is a nice option, being able to have them easily the same would also be very useful. perhaps a match option that can be turned on or off depending on if one wants them to be different, or a single slider for total width that would adjust front and rear at the same time equally.

Yes, I think thats probably needed

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

[quote=“Morpheus”]nice… but will the engine be able to configure out diff. rim sizes at front and rear suspension?
and will it be possible to configure out diff. tire profiles?[/quote]

Probably not, I can only think of 2 cars that have different tyre profiles front to back, the Chrysler crossfire and the honda beat :laughing:[/quote]

u understand me a bit wrong… i ment

1. diff sizes on front and back axle AND

2. will it be possible to “create” the profile size by the user itself ? ^^

Oh, ok, different sizes, no.

Different tyre profiles, yes, have a watch of the designing a car from start to finish video for an example of how that works

Is it possible to change the offset of the wheels? I noticed while watching the video that it tends to keep the mounting surface of the wheel near the center of the wheel. Will we be able to change this or will it be a fixed offset?

Jason

Yeah, no offset adjustment.

It does change the offset as the wheel gets wider, but you can’t independently adjust it, tyre sizes are already complicated enough, both for us and the player! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I did notice that. For no more important than it is, generally speaking, I know it is good the way you have it. Aesthetics would be the biggest reason, in a game like this, to have the offset be adjustable.

Jason

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]Yeah, no offset adjustment.

It does change the offset as the wheel gets wider, but you can’t independently adjust it, tyre sizes are already complicated enough, both for us and the player! :slight_smile:[/quote]

Couldn’t you just make it easier and just offer all the standard wheel and tire sizes rather than using sliders? I mean its only 4 parameters; wheels size, wheel width, offset, and back spacing. Then 3 more for the tire size;, size wheel it fits on, width, and aspect ratio.

I think having to ability to select a specific tyre size would be a good idea maybe like the way you select different components in the engine builder section. I feel it would add a little extra realism to the game that would be lost with slider’s…

hmmm, that’s a good point.

Or even if you had set predefined attributes that you can select through a slider?
So you would have the slider, and you’d have a little display next to it with the wheel width for example, and as you slide it up, the width goes from 155 to 160 to 165 to 170 etc, so you are getting “real world” sizes and not having tyres that are 183/59R16.8 for example.

That is a good idea to have the width display (and maybe tire size too) in the standard measurement display to make it more understandable.

We can do fixed sizes. That Isn’t an issue.

I can make it still on a slider, but with fixed 1 inch increments, from smallest to largest. That you havn’t seen is there is now an info text at the bottom of the viewport, and outputs useful info like Tyre and rim size.

I think fixed sizes are going to be more realistic. No car company would make a 132,3mm wide wheel when they can more easily buy a 6.5 inch wide wheel.

[quote=“zeussy”]We can do fixed sizes. That Isn’t an issue.

I can make it still on a slider, but with fixed 1 inch increments, from smallest to largest. That you havn’t seen is there is now an info text at the bottom of the viewport, and outputs useful info like Tyre and rim size.[/quote]

I didn’t meantion that since I didn’t know if you wanted that out yet :slight_smile: Other than rim size I couldn’t figure out how those figures relate to tire sizes on actual cars though.