Disable music/soundtrack on launch

How complicated would it be to have the music be off on game launch, and then toggle the music on if the Settings file says that the user wants the music?

I am starting to find it a bit annoying to hear the background music for 30 seconds while the game loads up my individual settings, especially if i already have some sort of audio source already running (video, music or another game running in the background)

When you enter the game, you can disable sound/set music audio slider to “0.” It will not play music on start-up I believe.

(Unless I just have the game sound muted in general, then just ignore me)

I am aware of that and have disabled music in the game.

My problem is that when you launch the game, but before the main menu has loaded properly, music starts to play by default, until the launcher gets around to checking if you want music or not, which in my case is quite a few seconds.

[quote=“Wirenfeldt”]I am aware of that and have disabled music in the game.

My problem is that when you launch the game, but before the main menu has loaded properly, music starts to play by default, until the launcher gets around to checking if you want music or not, which in my case is quite a few seconds.[/quote]

It will not stop playing when you launch the game I’m afraid. It’ll only stop when the main menu pops up.

I had figured that out myself; which is why i was wondering if it would be tricky for the Dev’s to reverse the switch there so the game defaults to Music off, then checks the Settings to see if music should be on.