Drivability Torque Curve % weirdness

Shown on the three sets of screenshots is a turbo engine, with seemingly the best torque curve being the latest spooling one. It even gives a boost to drivability, yet making the engine less laggy results in having a very harsh reduction to the torque curve %

Of course a laggy engine will have a bad torque curve %, but what doesn’t make sense to me is why the last one is not only better, but getting a boost too. In the “day to day” rpms I could guess it’s because the torque doesn’t spike until after that point, but if you were trying to drive it at any kind of speed it’d be even worse than the other two. Some clarification here or maybe changes on the way that the penalty/boost for torque curve is looked at?

4 Likes

Hello, I am having this as well. In the interest of good testing, i got each of these cars as close to 55.17 (the NA car’s natural weight distribution) as possible without changing anything else about the vehicle. So, in theory, less than a tenth of a point of these drivability differences are coming from suspension or agility differences.

You can observe that the NA is considered somewhat less drivable than the extremely laggy engine, and also less sporty. The turbo with a reasonable, 2000ish RPM spool is understandably worse than the NA engine, but dramatically worse than the laggy turbo. I can smooth out that jump if you’d like, but it has less than .1 influence on the drivability - and it makes it worse, not better.

2 Likes