Engine names

In the final build, are we going to beable to name our “lumps” our selfs? Iv noticed in the demo i can’t do this and some times when i change the cc of the engine im working on the save will not update its self when im finished.

You are supposed to be able to change the names. If you are not able to do that, then it’s a bug.

The automatic names don’t update when you change the engine, no. But you certinally can type in custom names.

How?

There is no text cursor, if that’s the problem, but you can delete the default name with backspace and type them with your keyboard.

That was the problem. It’s very counter intuitive to not have a text cursor.

Yeah, it is a bit. Annoyingly its almost impossible to get a proper cursor working (because of some weird programmer voodoo apparently :stuck_out_tongue:)

that happend to me too. for months i thought it was something wrong with my computer not being compatible or something, because no cursor appeared. then i just started typing something there to see if it does anything and to my amazement it was typing.

must be a little laggy on mine then ill check it out :smiley:

My engine name editor works fine.

Except every time i click on the name to edit it, a random letter (last time it was e) contonouously repeats, so my engine ends up getting named like this, wether i like it or not;

5.0l 24v L6 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why does it do this? can you please fix it? I want to be able to rename my engines again.

'm running windows 8. Many people are too, and i suggest that you purchase a copy so that you can test the platform on windows 8 yourselves and edit any bugs you come across. Unless you already have windows 8 :slight_smile:

I have experienced this problem many times. All you have to do to stop it from typing ‘e’ continuously or any other letter or number is to just type the letter or number it is repeating and it should stop. Then delete them and name it whatever. Oh and if its a number repeating if it doesnt stop repeating when you type the number, be sure to type it in both the numpad and the regular keyboard if you know what I mean.