Engine on the Wrong Side - [DONE]

“The end of an era for Nisemono, as the final year that their iconic rear engined model would be produced before being replaced with a new, more conventional front engine platform. But, in the traditional Nisemono fashion, they chose to go out with a bang and shoehorn in a high compression, high output 1.6L I4 in the boot, and some sticky rubber and lots of chrome for this final model year of this: The Nisemono Gojukoho SR.”

6 Likes

I just went for a David and Goliath approach of simple mechanicals, modest output, low weight and small size - and on paper, it pays dividends, with reduced purchase and running costs. Then again, if too many other entrants choose the light and small route, it may not pay off - but its rounded, futuristic appearance with pop-up headlights and flush-fitting bumpers clearly stands out… So far, since all the other entries I’ve seen generally have more angular shapes.

In fact, during the 1980s, the aero revolution was starting to influence car design, with organic, curvaceous forms (such as the Ford Sierra and Taurus) coexisting alongside boxier, more angular ones such as those found on the Volvo 240 - and the ripple effects are still being felt today:

The reason my car costs so little is because it doesn’t come with ABS or power steering and only has a standard interior/cassette tape player (all of which was true for my earlier LVC LF2, but that car needed a lot more techpool cheese to cost $12.5k). I could have made it even lighter, but only by ~50kg, and even then, at the cost of reduced reliability and a much higher upfront cost, neither of which I thought was worth it.

I’m going for full French… dips the baguette in the onion soup

'85 Colere Pyrenes 2000 GT

All composite body construction same as the previous Pyrenes.
Powered with new fuel injected V6 2000cc. engine with 155 BHP derived from the motorsport.

More photos

7 Likes
12 Likes

One question, is the drivability rating going to be from beamng or automation?

This challenge is Automation only

Thanks, we’re good

1985 ASAKURA Sakai 1300GT-S :jp:

Asakura Heavy Industries had not made a good car in almost a decade. That was obvious to see. Their series of utes had failed, their faint attempt at a sports car had failed, and they were on shaky ground financially. In the eyes of Shinichiro Asakura, the only option would be to try and build a cheap to manufacture, cheap to buy and relatively cheap to own sports car.

With the production of the now 6 year old 1979 Sakai 1300 series of rear-engine coupe coming to an end, Asakura proposed an idea: putting a turbo on the thing. All we can say is that was either a very good or very bad decision. The thing still looked straight out of the 70s, still had economy car wheels, still drove poorly. Could they save such a fatally flawed car?

Stats:

Weight: 836.6 KGs (57% Rear 43% Front)
Acceleration: 0-100KPH in 7.6 seconds
Actual Top Speed: 217KPH
Wide Circle: 0.775 G’s Narrow Circle: 0.948 G’s
Fuel Economy: 33.5MPG UK
Reliability: 66
Service Costs: 1226.4 AMU (oh lord💀)

Construction:

Steel Monocoque
Aluminium Panelling
Wheelbase: 2.3M
Rear Suspension: MacPherson Strut
Front Suspension: MacPherson Strut

Engine:

All Aluminium 1300CC DOHC 16V Opposed Cylinder 4
143HP
40 Loudness
(Godawful throttle response💀)

All for a price of 14,800 AMU

Note: it drives badly, it costs too much and it’s slow as balls. Praying to god here…

14 Likes

Cavaliere Nobile Stallone

The famous Italian company usually produces high-end vehicles, but their recent partnership with Yamaguchi and the goals for growth they have opened the door for accessible machines.
The Stallone isn´t cheap, but you don´t have to be a millionaire to afford one. The retro styling together with new technology and premium materials is definitely a standout in the class of light sports cars.
The manufactor even managed to combine emozione and affidabilitá. It won´t fall apart after leaving the dealership.

4 Likes

Can we have a stay on the “all legal lights required” rule? Currently there’s an intermittent bug that locks certain light materials into predetermined roles, so I can’t make my rear indicators light up red like they ought to.

2 Likes

As long as the lights are there, there’s no problem.

If anyone else has the same problem and is using red rear indicators, it would be better if you tell me before submitting.

I noticed that too, did anyone already tell the devs?

I’m using clear headlight fixtures as my reverse lights

Can my engine go over the RON limit with ignition timing?

better to be safe and not go over it, in my experience they are nitpicky about that sort of thing

As long as you choose one of the two legal fuels, you can

1985 Miller Maelstrom Turbo

A 2.2l flat six with a turbo at 187 hp in the back and all around struts, gives this car an interesting handling.

9 Likes

1985 Delica Torino

Delicas newest addition to its fleet is this unique RR layout car. Powered by a 3.4l v6 that gives this beauty a staggering 0-100km/h in 5.34s

2 Likes

So these settings aren’t allowed?

Those are open, in the advanced trim area in the fixture bit, you can’t use them.

You can adjust this one though.