Engine Recreation Thread

I have done a few BMW engines but am having issues with screen shots it causes the game to crash.
so far i have done the M/S60 series of engines. From the smallest M60B30 to the S62B50 and even the Ascari version of this engine. only issue with the Ascari is it is a dry sump engine.
will post screen shots as soon as i can.
i have also done the full M10 series of 4 cyls but am having issues getting the numbers right on the M10 (M31) from the 2002 Turbo.

Has anyone had trouble making real world turbo engines? I’ve tried a few and I can get the power and torque numbers correct but I can’t get anything like the right powerband. It’s mostly the torque peak being way too high.

Any fixes?

[quote=“ironman44321”]Has anyone had trouble making real world turbo engines? I’ve tried a few and I can get the power and torque numbers correct but I can’t get anything like the right powerband. It’s mostly the torque peak being way too high.

Any fixes?[/quote]

Yeah, known problem. Our current turbo model kinda only replicates crappy 80s laggy turbos. Fixes coming for this one day.

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

[quote=“ironman44321”]Has anyone had trouble making real world turbo engines? I’ve tried a few and I can get the power and torque numbers correct but I can’t get anything like the right powerband. It’s mostly the torque peak being way too high.

Any fixes?[/quote]

Yeah, known problem. Our current turbo model kinda only replicates crappy 80s laggy turbos. Fixes coming for this one day.[/quote]

“one day” will be after most of the tycoon part is finished I suppose? :laughing:

Most likely yes. We need to do a huuuuuge overhaul of turbo calculations later on, and start to think about twin turbo/sequential turbo etc. That sort of work will happen once we’ve got the main foundations of the game (Car Design, Engine Design, Tycoon Game) in place.

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

Any fixes?[/quote]

Yeah, known problem. Our current turbo model kinda only replicates crappy 80s laggy turbos. Fixes coming for this one day.[/quote]

Oh ok thanks for the heads up. On the flip side the NA engines are pretty good. I got the Audi RS5 engine down pretty much perfect.

Not particularly good (first time), but behold a 4.6L 16V Ford Modular V8 (ripped from a land yacht):

4.6L Modular 16V (CV)Rev0.lua (42.8 KB)

I tried to recreate the Ford-Cosworth DFV engine

flatplane V8, DOHC 32v, MFI
Stroke: 64.8mm
Bore: 85.6mm
Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
Redline: 10 500rpm

I do match the power output =/- 1 hp, but it comes 1000 rpm too early and I’ve got about 40lb/ft in excess, but close enough.

[quote=“Brorad”]I have done a few BMW engines but am having issues with screen shots it causes the game to crash.
so far i have done the M/S60 series of engines. From the smallest M60B30 to the S62B50 and even the Ascari version of this engine. only issue with the Ascari is it is a dry sump engine.
will post screen shots as soon as i can.
i have also done the full M10 series of 4 cyls but am having issues getting the numbers right on the M10 (M31) from the 2002 Turbo.[/quote]

Ever tried the M12/13?

Does anyone can recreate RB20E with correct power at correct rpm? Simply I couldn’t
 so any help would be great! :slight_smile:
here is the specification you need to fulfill:
1998cc, SOHC, 12valves, Inline 6.
Bore x Stroke : 78 x 69.7mm
Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Power : 130hps @ 5600rpm
Torque: 17.5kgf @ 4000rpm
Redline: 6500rpm

This recreation seems impossible for me even with the quality slider all-maxed-up and set the year 2014

If you archived this recreation, attach the engine file or screenshot of it.

Below is my closest work:

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

Any fixes?[/quote]

I wish I had seen this post much sooner. Lol I’ve been killing myself over trying to get the right spool characteristics for a stock Evo X engine (4B11T). I got very close, but I suspect the cams and fueling I chose to use are a bit off from what my car actually has. Lol No biggy though, it’s still huge fun tinkering with these turbo engines!

I here I leave a top of the line studebaker V8. with power ratings that somewhat match the little information I could find
studebaker v8Rev0.lua (36.6 KB)

Despite the bugs with the turbos (at least from the standpoint of modern engines), I was able to whip something up in 10 minutes that resembles the engine in my Chevy Sonic.

Behold, the GM Family 0 LUV, AKA the A14 NET:

There’s too much torque (should be 150 ft-lbs), and the torque is delivered too late (should be 2500 RPM instead of 3200). Also the power curve should be smoother in the lower range. But not a bad shot in the dark.

Another quick and dirty (and almost spot-on) replication

2008 Hyundai Beta II engine, from my last car (Kia Spectra5):

Torque hits too early this time, but other than that, this is VERY close to the real deal.

I figure this is better thread for these: viewtopic.php?p=46970#p46970
By “these” I mean F20C 240HP USDM version from Honda S2000 and Tipo F131 from Ferrari 360 Modena.

Name of Car Company: Frechette Automobile Recherche et DĂ©veloppement. FARD.
Owner of company: frechett79
Website or Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4868
Established: January 1979
Company ID: #1979001

Fictionnal Story: Since late 70’s Frechette Automobile does R&D to improve cars performance. We work with the greastest cars company from street to track. We have won 18 races championship from touring cars, WRC Rally, drag race and lot more. And still more to come

Here my engine developpement forum. I will post my latest engine R&D project here. Feel free to share.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4872

Histoire fictive: Depuis la fin des annĂ©es 70, FrĂ©chette Automobile fait du R&D pour amĂ©liorer la performance des voitures. Nos travaillons avec les plus grands compagnies auto de la rue Ă  la piste. Nos avons gagner 18 championnat de voitures de tourisme, de Rally WRC, de drag et beaucoup d’autres. Et ça continu aujourd’hui

Voici mon forum de developpement de moteurs, je vais y mettre mes nouveaux moteurs R&D . Partagez Ă  votre guise
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4872

Ferrari F458 Special Engine. 4.5L GDi

Based on the Ferrari site specs but the torque curve too late. Enjoy

For more engines go to: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4872

List of engines by me:
1965 Shelby GT350 HiPo 289
2014 Ferrari F458
1987 Ferrari F40
1973 Ferrari Dino
2000 Ferrari F360
2015 Lexus RC-F
and mores

Ferrari F458 Special - F136FLRev0.lua (52.1 KB)

I present to you, MY recreation of the engine from the Bentley Continental GT V8 S

Please post a reply and give me some feedback, I’d like to know how to increase the torque, without increasing the power. Cheers

[size=200]nicroh007 (C.E.O of RHC and RAE Pty Ltd)[/size]

Right. About time I allotted some more time to the forums.

This time we have the Mitsubishi 4B11T engine, the one currently occupying the Lancer Evolution X.
Successor to the Legendary 4G63 engine, this one has an Aluminum block with iron sleeves instead of a full iron block.
It now features MIVEC (VVT) on all valves instead of just intake valves.
Balancing rods are now gone.
Strangely enough, the engine was flipped 180 degrees of it’s position. The exhaust manifold now faces the firewall.

So, with a lot of finicky and frustrating tuning, I was able to get exact stock Horsepower and Torque values at their proper respective RPMs.
This comes at the price of fuel economy. I’m way too lazy to tune the thing so It matches HP and Torque exactly at correct RPMs while getting good fuel economy.
According to a bunch of threads on Evo X forums, the car takes 98 Octane (RON).
Also according to some guy on Evo X forums, rev limit is 7599.
For comparison to US market Evo: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi 
 gine#4B11T
I also don’t know how much boost the stock turbo outputs. If anyone knows, can you tell me?

Well, I cannot tell you exactly what the stock turbo makes, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t anywhere near 25psi. “Most” stock turbo setups are closer to the 10-15psi range. After that, reliability (and economy) becomes too much of an issue for a production car. Of course, many people do this to their cars with aftermarket parts/tuning. :smiley:

According to the Mitsubishi website, the 2015 Evo X requires 93 octane fuel for North American editions.

After looking at evolutionm.net site, it looks like these are actually in the 20-22psi range. Interesting!