Error on test track page

Found a rather odd bug when trying to test my car on the test track. It occurs after I’ve hit start, when the game is doing the maths for the lap. I.e. Several seconds after the spinny loading thing starts.

I think it may occur only after a long time playing. But I’ve only seen it twice so that’s not a great sample.

When I click retry, the game will let me continue, however the lap does not start.

If I change the track to the automation test track, then click suspension, then return to the test page and hit start, it tries to load again, but the same error occurs. It’s the same for custom tracks.

If I click cancel it closes the program.

I hope the info I gave helps!

I suspect this may be related to a gearing issue that some other people are experiencing. It is caused when the simulation cannot find the right gear for a part of the track. I am not fully confident that this is the cause of the problem, but try adjusting the gearing, and running the simulation again.

Adding the log.txt file here. You can find the errors easily if you look from the bottom.
log.txt (383 KB)

Just an update, the error occurs again when I reload the game,

I changed the number of gears from 7 to 4 and it now works correctly.

Changing the gears, spacing or top speed by any amount fixes it.

Whenever that error occurs, even a slight change to any part of the gearing should fix it.

I had this error before. I completely reinstalled my game, also using the Automation Cleaner. Then I tried again and it fixed the issue.
Not sure if this will work for you though, as you fix the problem by changing the gearing settings.

[quote=“WizzyThaMan”]I had this error before. I completely reinstalled my game, also using the Automation Cleaner. Then I tried again and it fixed the issue.
Not sure if this will work for you though, as you fix the problem by changing the gearing settings.[/quote]

Seems a bit drastic to completely wipe and reinstall the game. I believe the devs have already confirmed this as a bug, and it can be fixed by simply adjusting the gearing.