[Event is Finished] The Automation Endurance Challenge

Me and oldgreg haven’t decided on when we close for new entries, but I doubt we’ll start before friday or saturday, so you should have plenty of time! :wink:

This Friday or Saturday? That might be a bit soon!

Again, we haven’t decided when, and as I said: I doubt it will be before this friday or saturday. I have planned some things this weekend, so probably not this saturday or sunday. We also want a lot of entries, so we will wait until we got quite a few entries! :slight_smile:

Hang on, do you already want the cars then, or just close the sign up?

Well, as I wrote in my last post

So you got plenty of time to tune cars and engines, and people can still sign up for the next days. No need to worry, plenty of time :wink:

[size=150]– New Entry Registered –[/size]

The Automation Endurance Challenge - Entry
Name of your team: SRE & AMW
Name of team members: NyanCatx3, TheTom
Class(es): Prototype

Turns out extracting 30% economy from a lightweight, powerful turbo engine is quite hard.
[size=85]Or I’m doing turbo terribly wrong.[/size]

Off to the good old N/A, it is!

EDIT: well, the trouble is in the GT2 class. The Prototype and GT1 engines were a lot easier to make. (gonna do something about these power curves before starting work on the models, however)

[quote=“ElSaico”]Turns out extracting 30% economy from a lightweight, powerful turbo engine is quite hard.
[size=85]Or I’m doing turbo terribly wrong.[/size][/quote]

Mine either have no power, no economy, or too expensive.

Yea the requirements for GT2 are a bit absurd, more eco than most passenger cars, this isnt a race that goes by real life gt2 class etc.

Well, but with a normal passenger car you don’t drive an endurance race like LeMans etc. You drive like 20, 30 or maybe 50km on average per trip, sometimes over 100 if you make a longer journey. But the point is that in a race like this, every second counts and that’s why the car should be very economical in order to avoid unnecessary stops for fuel. In everyday life, you can stop for fuel whenever you want to as long as there’s a petrol station nearby.

One more question: i haven’t seen any restrictions about how much downforce or how many points in quality sliders the Prototype can have, so that means there are no restrictions to that, other than man hours and costs on the engine?

The requirements are very easy to meet, think outside the box.

[quote=“Junny”]

The requirements are very easy to meet, think outside the box.[/quote]

I found the GT2 engine to be fairly easy to build. I did the ‘‘24 Hour Endurance’’ challenge, which is called ‘‘Brutal’’. Wrote down the stats and which parts I used for that and tuned it to meet the GT2 requirements

[size=150]– New Entry Registered –[/size]

The Automation Endurance Challenge - Entry
Name of your team: Scuderia Garagiste
Name of team members: oldgreg
Class(es): Prototype, GT1, GT2

Yes, Prototype is a more open class

The 30% efficiency bit was arbitrary, admittedly, but it’s absolutely do-able. I reality-checked the rules-set with both a 6.1L pushrod V8 and a 2.4L turbo I4. And besides, if it wasn’t a bit difficult it wouldn’t be much of a “challenge”. :stuck_out_tongue:

None of the categories was ever intended to be an exact copy of any particular class but, in real life, Le Mans racers are extreme lean-burn eco-mobiles.

Centauri is in! Get ready for excitement in all three classes, including some 10 liter pushrod fun in the GT1 category :wink:

GT2 engine done. “There’s no replacement for displacement”, indeed.

Now to make smoother turbo beasts…

How much torque? Mine is around 895nm with 88k km mtbf

Same torque and a bit less mtbf but I have 31.9% economy, how was yours?

Jumbled up my categorys my Gt1 its actually 695nm 33.7% and 82k kms, I have not really had time to optimize it to much but I’m fairly happy with it.