Farewell Giulietta

Well today I bid farewell to my Giulietta

She’s been a great car and lots of fun, but time to move on.

Hellooo Giulia :grinning:

She’s a 2.0L petrol pulling down 200HP (anything more would be lethal to me :wink: ) with an 8sp ZF auto box.
Only had her a few hours but so far it’s been fantastic.

23 Likes

Ok, I admit it, the reviewers have turned the corner and are generally saying the Alfas now are good cars, so I’ll stop looking fun at them :stuck_out_tongue:

Therefore, congratulations on your purchase!

@Speedemon

#LUCKY BASTARD

6 Likes

Cheers @strop :grinning:
@Speedemon pmsl

2 Likes

I have no words.
Great car.

2 Likes

Yes sir, what a purchase!

2 Likes

Other than the obvious Alfa redness, is there a particular reason for having purchased it in that colour?
Other than red, I only have seen a white Giulia and I really didn’t think it look good, so is red the only colour that works with that car?

Great purchase, man.

Congratulations on buying a Giulia! That car is more of a proper Alfa than the Giulietta ever was.

Gah that’s a beautiful Alfa, might be a twenty weency bit jelly :smile:

I’m guessing it was just their preference, I think that the Giulia works in many of the other options, especially if you’re going for a premium look this works:

(especially with that brown leather interior)

4 Likes

Thanks for the comments guys, they’re all appreciated :smiley:
@Leonardo9613 I chose red because of both the “Alfa-ness” and it’s been a while since I last had a red car.
The blue they come in looks gorgeous in the “flesh” when combined with the tan leather, but I’d made up my mind in the red this time

I am sad that how alfa are pretty a underated brand.

Great upgrade, that is one sweet looking car.

1 Like

Any chance of an update? How are you finding it so far?

Hi - Yes, I am loving this car.

In normal mode she’s brisk and refined with excellent handling. A nice smooth drive. In dynamic mode she’s a different car again, always feels like she’s telling me there’s more if you want it and quick to deliver when I do.

They’ve engineered the engine to produce lots of nice sporty noises (for real and not simulated through the speakers) with some lovely burbling and overrun sounds. I’m tempted to drive with the windows down even in winter to hear them.

The handling is excellent, sticking to the road very nicely. I’ve only had a couple of rear end kick outs but the were for split seconds before being corrected. The hook when accelerating into a corner feels great.
The turning circle is roughly the same as the Giulietta but it feels much tighter. There’s a really tight corner near my home and no-one can get round it without crossing over to the other side of the road, however the Giulia manages this far better than anything I’ve ever owned before.

My Wife loves it also. as she says, it the only car she ever been in where, as a passenger, she can feel the difference in handling and suspension. So additional points on the “spousal approval factor”.

The majority of my work colleagues are in BMWs but it’s impressed them enough, one is even questioning if he’s bought the wrong car - lol

We had some snow recently and I was a bit nervous given RWD’s reputation in bad weather, however I put her into all weather mode and drove sensibly and there was no problem. :smiley:

Fuel consumption is high at the moment as she’s being driven enthusiastically, I can get quite good mileage out of her if I put her into the right mode and drive accordingly but it’s so ball-achingly dull to do so. Besides you don’t buy a sport saloon for it’s economy.

So are the any downsides? None that I’ve found so far, some niggles - they come with a forward collision warning and autonomous braking system as standard and the forward sensors need to be kept squeaky clean otherwise it complains and the media system, although much more stable and faster when handling large numbers of files, seems to be a little less feature rich than the older system, but neither of these are a real concern and spoil nothing.

Overall, as I said at the beginning - I love this car :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Well of course, it’s a Giulia! :stuck_out_tongue: