Fast for four (Part 3.2 - finals!)

Alas, Monaco will not be seeing one of these…

6 Likes

PART 1: INSTABINS

@Ch_Flash - Hamfa Hengst 3200 GT
5 seater (technically a violation but since it doesn’t make any of the important stats here better I could have let that slide if it was the only violation), uses the wrong fuel, positive downforce.

@fabiremi999 - Bell Furia
Exceeds TP limit with a measly $0.03M. :frowning: A minute of double checking can come in handy sometimes…

@VanZandt_Breda - Van Zandt ZR300
Uses the wrong fuel

@greenrun1986 - Meisterswagen Elbrus GT
Exceeds the TP limit. Also, another thing I could have let slide if it was the only violation, you had written “Outrun1986” as your username. It is very much easier for me as a host if you use the exact username you have on the forums.

@Chaedder - Alter Cosmos
Uses 45 profile tyres in the rear. When using staggered tyres, it might be worth taking notice that making a tyre wider without increasing the height will also lower the profile, I guess it might be what went wrong here. Also, like with the last case, misspelled username. It might sound a bit silly to complain but with 30+ entries it complicates things more than you may think about.

@lotto77 - Planar Ghiraga III Mk.II XVT
Engine does not comply with WES4 regulations.

@Mintymoon - IAF Mondlicht 275i
Uses 45 profile tyres all around.

@Gstar - Valiant GT
Is a whooping $110 000 OVER the budget limit. Also, for a challenge where realism is considered, please don’t make a 17 litre 994 hp V12, especially not in 1980… It is not even faster than some cars having 1/4-1/3 of your power output…

@Hshan - Zavir Squalo Volante V12
Exceeds TP limit

Going further:
@abg7
@Ananas
@arthur_mp
@bang6111
@bdub1
@Danicoptero
Discord entry
@donutsnail
@DuceTheTruth100
@Elouda
@GAlexZilla
@GassTiresandOil
@Happyhungryhippo
@Hilbert & @Vento
@karhgath
@Kyorg & @vero94773
@mart1n2005
@pen15 & @Texaslav
@PhirmEggplant
@Portalkat42
@Riley
@supersaturn77 (But please put up an ad as soon as possible!)
@Taffin_Blur & @Tsundere-kun
@xsneakyxsimx

16 Likes

15 Likes

heart attack ping

15 Likes

“Made sure the car complies with all the rules? check”
“great!”
exports the one next to it

Oh well… lesson learned. till next time.

3 Likes

Wait what? How? I thought I double checked…
How much was it?

2 Likes

Fcuk, the damn off-by-one error, the bane of programmer’s existence, got me even when I’m not attempting to code :smile:

It seems I can’t add properly.

1 Like

Hello. No comment on the tech pool, didn’t read fine print on my part. Could also why I was struggling to reach the price limit even though the car’s slow as molasses.

About the username - my Steam username is Outrun1986 and I thought the Automation forum would reflect that but apparently it collected my old username? And I can’t change it? Weird, will have to contact the administrators on that I guess. But yeah I should’ve used greenrun1986 instead my bad

3 Likes

I’ll invite myself to the instabin party since I ended up with positive downforce as well.

With at least a couple of prototpyes, my TP added up to just over $33M considering only the two main numbers, but adding individual tech pool and lab costs ended up under.

Same. I thought I messed it up. :joy:

I managed to survive this round lol

Especially when too much of that power is being wasted due to insufficient traction at the driven axle.

Glad im not the only one that instantly thought they had been binned :laughing:

OMFG FML :man_facepalming:
how did i not see that?!
so disappointed…

I am so sure that I checked that many times and yet still f***ed it up :smiling_face_with_tear:

True! or check 4, 5 times and still miss some things… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:

4 Likes

Time for a mildly late advert, here goes…!

Is there some Ting you need in your life?
Introduced in 1979, our Luchtaine is the pinnacle of our engineering prowess. Produced in Ireland alongside other high-end models, it is meticulously handcrafted and assembled by the team of engineers and designers who brought this brilliant example of modern engineering from a dream to an artwork you can store in your garage — and, more importantly, one you can enjoy.

The Luchtaine has the sort of room you'd expect from your mam's old wagon, wrapped in as much style as we could manage without seeming too much. We might even venture to call it the most practical GT car there is. The signature T-grille remains, with similar motifs reflected throughout. An extra window pane grants superior rear visibility - perfect for watching other traffic disappear behind you, or for simply backing up. Expertly-tuned suspension and precise steering keeps you in perfect connection with whatever your desired road is. A clock atop the dashboard helps keep your life in check — and helps any of your three other comfortably seated passengers to be dazzled at the speed of your Luchtaine. This speed comes from many elements, including the lightweight aluminum panels featured in all Irish-produced Tings.

New for 1980 is the GT Turbocharged trim, featuring as much engineering as we could pack into the styling without changing too much. Under the bonnet, a complex array of multi-length injection systems and twin turbochargers bring our reputable V6 to the furthest extent of its power. The standard alloy rims are replaced with lightweight magnesium, wrapped in grippy tires to keep everything under control. Combined with a five-speed manual sending power through to a novel all-wheel drive system, the Luchtaine GT Turbocharged accelerates so briskly, you might forget to mind the speed limit. Our crafty designers had a solution to this as well: a computer-controlled dashboard. It integrates a trip computer alongside all the usual fixings for display on a low-glare screen alongside some more traditional gauges. Continuing this trend of foregoing tradition in favor of technology, the air conditioning controls are also computer-controlled, allowing for precision-tuning of even the most elementary of comforts. Fully motorized windows and a reliable cassette player are standard equipment as well. Fashionable pinstriping is optional, though highly recommended by some of our employees.*

Named for a master craftsman of times long past, and crafted with prowess, precision, and most importantly, a love for art and engineering united in one final product unlike any other. Every Ting is one to write home about — even if your mam will be jealous over it.

1980 Ting Luchtaine GT Turbocharged equipped as shown: $33,000

* Employees demanded to be mentioned in advertisement by taking the marketing team's chairs away for six days. It was later determined that, despite all its strengths, being an office on wheels is not exactly what the Luchtaine was designed for.
† Displayed price includes standard equipment and some additional options. Price may vary based on specifications chosen. Left-hand drive conversions available upon request, will cost extra. Delivery costs not included in display price.

Craft your own experience with a new Luchtaine.

© 1980 Ting Motor Group
7 Likes

Looks like I’m not the only one here using any of the '78 W124-esque body sets as the basis for their build after all.

1 Like

And it is only now that I realize the interior door release was not in the final submission build. Sigh. Just pretend it’s there on my behalf.

You don’t need interior door handles. They just add weight.

5 Likes