Fast for four (Part 3.2 - finals!)

1980 Turból Centurion 200 4.2

The 2nd generation Turból Centurion, introduced in 1979, is possibly the most important car in the history of the brand.

The 2nd gen Centurion was an ambitious product. In the 1970s, with the size of American cars moving more in line with the rest of the world, Turból aimed to to capitalize with this platform. It was not designed solely for American tastes; in addition to replacing the Centurion in the North American market, this platform was also to underpin a premium halo car for Japanese branch Homura, and would also be sold and manufactured locally in Europe. Increasing the car’s scope furthest, though, were the available body styles: in addition to the 2 door pillarless hardtop, the car would also be sold as a 4 door sedan, dubbed the 200 and 400, respectively.

Adding a sedan to the lineup, a first for Turból, was a controversial move. Primarily known for sports cars at this time, a 4 door Turból brought into question the direction of the brand among existing fans. Sales numbers, though, vindicated the decision; the 4 door Centurion brought Turból squarely into the burgeoning premium sports sedan market of the 1980s, expanding Turból beyond a relatively low volume sports car maker, setting the stage for the direction the brand would take in the decades following.

Mechanically, the 2nd generation Centurion was a complete departure from the 1st gen. The entirely new galvanized monocoque structure was closer in lineage to the smaller S series sports car, with an evolution of that car’s front McPherson rear double wishbone setup. The available powertrains varied by market, but were mostly sourced from the S series as well. At the top of the heap was the tall-deck variant of the proven Turból OHC V8, breathing through a 4 barrel carburetor. In European guise, free from stringent emissions controls, this 4.2 liter produced 244 hp, and was paired with a Borg Warner T-50 5 speed dogleg manual, available with either OD or non-OD gearsets.

24 Likes

1980 Elitas RC3

Created in collaboration with @Kyorg.

• 4.5L V8, 290 horsepower and 294lb-ft of torque, 5-speed manual, rear-wheel drive with a mechanical limited slip differential.

• 0-62mph in 5.3 seconds, 170mph top speed, 13.47s 1/4 mile run, 0.92g cornering on a 20m loop.

• 2674lbs curb weight, 55F/45R weight distribution, 16 MPG average.

• All for $32,000.

Gallery

25 Likes
1980 Aether Renarde

✦ Lore

The 1980 Aether Renarde is one of the few entry points to this prestigious brand. The '80 model year is a slight refresh for Aether’s boutique sportscar, adding a more aggressive front lip and more horsepower. The injection system on the 4 L A114 V8 that sit under the sleek hood of the Renarde has been tweaked, bringing the power up to 252. This may seem on the tame side to some, but it is more than enough, when coupled with the car’s overall lightness, to propel the Renarde to a top speed of 176. Aether’s aerospace knowledge at its finest. And while other companies may still be struggling to get their performance cars back up to snuff after the gas crises of the mid '70s, the Renarde sports both a WES 5 emissions rating and a combined fuel economy rating of 20.4 MPG. Those combined with performance numbers that make Porsche’s and Corvettes nervous makes the Renarde a perfect pick for anyone who wants unique choice for going fast.

The interior of the Renarde also has conventional sportscars shaking in their boots. All of the expected opulence and comfort from an Aether vehicle are on display, as well as technology that feels closer to science fiction than reality. The dash features a completely digital instrument cluster and diagnostic readout, powered by two CRTs imbedded within. The iconic three central gauges(clock, stopwatch, and altimeter) are still in their expected place in the center of the dash and have been dressed to mimic fighter jet gauges. They can also be recessed easily into the dash, depending on the needs of the driver. The Alpine head unit is tucked into the center console, both for ease of access of both driver and passenger, but also to make space for the digitally controlled climate system. The lack of levers and linkages has allowed Aether to add a unique feature that they plan on adding all future models: automatic oscillating vents. This allows for more even heating and cooling of the cabin and a more welcoming and consistent environment than other brands. An environment that is filled with leather and wood veneer (sourced in an ecologically friendly manner) and brushed aluminium. One with fully power adjustable, heated seats and plenty of rear seat room for only being considered a 2+2. One whose almost cloudlike serenity and technological marvels are supported by Aether’s largest contribution to teh automotive industry: Hydropneumatics.

The hydropneumatic system present in the Renarde extends and enhances well beyond the expected places. The suspension is Aether’s tried and true system that provides a cloudlike demeanor to the body of the car while the wheels cope with every bump and rut you can throw at them. However, in the Renarde this system has been tweaked to add stiffness modes for more spirited and vigorous driving. This is done in a similar manner to how most Aether vehicles can be changed without a jackstand, modulating the pressure of the system to compensate. Hydropneumatics also are used for the power steering system, giving appropriate feedback at all speeds. They’re also used to help apply braking pressure more smoothly than other systems. All three areas where they’re used are self contained loops that will not fail if another is compromised the way vaccuum systems will. With this mix of technology, speed and comfort, the 1980 Aether Renarde represents the gateway to the pinnacle of automotive excellence.

Specs

✦ 4 L DOHC A114 V8
✦ 252.3 horsepower @ 5400 RPM
✦ 273.1 Ft-Lb of torque @ 4200 RPM
✦ 1175 Kg
✦ 5 Speed manual
✦ 15 in sport rims (215/65R15s)
✦ 5.91 second 0-60
✦ 176 mph top speed

© 1976-80 Aether V.A. All Rights Reserved

29 Likes

Damn this thing lets my car look like a motorized shoebox.

1 Like

True lol

Hi, this is the first time doing a challenge on here for me and I have a question, might be simple for most but cannot figure out how to do it.
How do I DM someone for an entry or such?

thanks

If you click on the user’s icon, there is a button that says “message”. However, to prevent spam, if you’re a totally new member, you can’t do it, you have to make some posts before you reciee the rights. But you can always, for example, go into “sharing” and give some feedback on other users cars, participate in some of the games in the offtopic section, etc… - I don’t think that you need very many posts before you can start doing DMs.

2 Likes

Introducting the Lightstar Deimos 400SP 1980 model.

5 Likes

Introducing the 1980 AMS Hornet GT-8!
With long, sleek lines, cutting edge performance, and Incredible Luxury, Aria Motorsports is proud to announce the new for 1980 Hornet GT-8
Featuring a 4.5L V8 outputting 325hp, a cutting edge AWD system to put the power down, and the latest in interior luxury, the Hornet will impress anyone!

Starting MSRP 39,000.

Credit to @Happyhungryhippo for taking the excellent pictures for me.

6 Likes

Cost limit was 33000, wasn’t it? Might want to check it to avoid a bin.

The actual cost in game is 32400
Just for blurbing here and selling, its 39k

1 Like

Ah the dealership markup lol

1980 Cordelia GTT du Chef

Taste the brand new four seater sports coupe that we have cooked for you.

0-100 Km/h: 4.9 seconds | Top speed: 257 km/h
Engine: 3.3 liter flat six turbo | 280 bhp
Gear selector: Five speed gated manual
Suspension: “Sus d’Hydro” self leveling springs
Interior: Custom embroidered veal leather, hand carved mahogany (source: trust me bro)
Electric windows and sunroof | Airconditionbagfly™
Sound system: Nakamichi tri head cassette player | Dolby C | Auto-reverse
Käfigmeister 880 amplifier | Front and rear stereo speakers

11 Likes
Gallery

23 Likes

Time is up!

I have gotten additional full entries from:
@GassTiresandOil
@karhgath
@Mintymoon
@Tsundere-kun and @Taffin_Blur
@donutsnail
@vero94773 and @Kyorg
@Portalkat42
@Elouda
@bdub1
@Ananas
@GAlexZilla

.car-file but no ad (I will give you some leeway for an ad still but please put it up as soon as possible) from:
@Gstar
@Hshan
@pen15 and @Texaslav
And an additional entry from a Discord only member.

Shout out if I have missed you!

7 Likes
usual me, doing things last minute, so no fancy formatting |:

Zavir Squalo Volante V12

What happens when a race-derived V12 is put in a luxury coupe? The finest granturismo of possibly the best Italian brand. This is Zavir’s flagship model, the epitome of style, performance and luxury. And while we admit, there might be more exotic brands out there, even from Italy too - but none combines excitement with actual quality like we do. If you want a poster car… well, you’re likely not looking at GTs, but supercars then, and we have one too. But if you really want to get the car, and then really want to drive it, there’s no better choice than Zavir Squalo Volante.

With the V12 of course, if you want the excitement too.

Technical details

Length / Wheelbase / Width: 464 / 274 / 174 cm
Weight: 1238 kg
Full steel monocoque with galvanised chassis
Suspension F / R: double wishbone / semi-trailing arm
RWD with 4-speed automatic

Engine: Zavir Motori D12F48B
4765 cc full aluminium N/A V12
2-valve SOHC
Zavir Iniettronica multi-point electronic injection
282 hp @ 5400 rpm
413 Nm @ 4100 rpm
6300 rpm redline

Top speed: 277 km/h
Acceleration 0-100 km/h: 6.1 s
Braking 100-0 km/h: 44.3 m
Fuel consumption: 14.4 l/100km
WES 4 compliant

did I make the interior too orange? perhaps
also the car turned out more Kyalami than I intended : D
8 Likes

(The entry sent to me via discord)

2 Likes

Did you get mine? I think I remembered to hit send, just haven’t done the ad yet

Sorry. Yes I got it, must have missed to mention you, since I have actually checked through the car.

1 Like

@pen15 & @Texaslav

VALENS 816 Coupé

Imagine gliding down the road with unparalleled smoothness, feeling, or not, the road beneath you like never before. The Valens air suspension system adapts to the road conditions, ensuring a comfortable and stable ride no matter the road. State of the art comfort. Every component of the now classic Valens Six engine has been meticulously improved. Why settle? Get maximum power and minimum waste with a brand new injection system. We worked with the best engineers to make a coupé like no other. Waiting to be awakened. Already iconic. A design that dares. A beauty that's undeniable. Harking back to Valens' coachbuilder roots, the New 816 Coupé showcases the highest level of craftsmanship. Its four passengers will lay in a sanctuary. Valens brings the greatest attention to detail and quality of materials.

VALENS AUTO GROUP - NOW, ALWAYS

VALENS Ad No. 69-690 by pen15 & Texaslav

Specifications

3.8L Inline 6 - 257 HP & 389 NM
Luxury Interior - Air Suspension
4 Speed Automatic Transmission
6.7 Seconds 0-100 KPH
258 KPH Top Speed

19 Likes