First car for my son

OK, I’ve amended the advert. :laughing:

That’s a red car plus a horse!

2 Likes

sooo…i can’t make a car with power to weight ratio of 0.096?

1 Like

I have the highest drivability!!! cool info here.

2 Likes

Dang, would have been interesting to see how sportiness was doing–tricky to raise considering the power limitation.

(By the way, I guess it is unfair to declare this now (depending on the cars submitted), but is there some sort of noise regulation in Italy, i.e. max loudness?)

There is a max loudness. Can’t say how many dB…

It’s difficult, in our case the limit is 72dB

source Regolamento - 540/2014 - EN - EUR-Lex (in italian, but i think you can find in other languages with google, it’s an EU law)

For the competition: be aware to make a car too loud, it can wake up the parents; but don’t make too silent, he want to be noticed.

2 Likes

We at Scarab really hope our new and improved version of our small, fun and economic Flare will be to your sons liking.

7 Likes

That was my thought. I purposefully left off one of the mufflers to increase the loudness a bit for more “sporty” sounding car.

I think the Flare is fast becoming one of the most submitted vehicles to a competition in this forums history.

3 Likes

I didn’t want anyone to hear my tiny crappy sounding I3. I don’t think beehives sound sporty. :laughing:

Different versions and different sizes of I4’s makes it so :wink: And I like it, its versatile…

1 Like

It is a very good looking car, so why change it?
How many challenges has it entered now ?

Counting the driftchallenge it 6, but that’s not a Flare anymore :D, it doesn’t even have the original engine left in it…

3 Likes

Can I suggest that the way the competition appears to be judged according to what you’ve said has an unrealistic loophole for the son: if he is drawing up the list of candidates, he is entitled to pick only cars that don’t meet dad’s ideals (i.e. expensive, non-economical, unreliable, high running costs, low safety and low drivability), leaving dad to only be able to pick among the most bad cars (from his perspective).

All cars will be evaluated by both, don’t worry

3 Likes

Here is my entry, the 2017 Ikkonagashi 1090L

Continuing the line up that wows young italian customers, we have for the 2017MY the addition of the 1090L trim.
As per all Ikkonagashi cars, 1090 represents the capacity of the all-aluminium 3 cylinder engine, and L means this is the premium model, with leather seats and a complete infotainment.
With 76 hp, but weighing less than 1000 kg, the fully aluminium car can reach almost 200 km/h flat out and go from 0-100 in 11.7 seconds, all while doing 24.8 km with 1 litre of fuel.
Yours for just $16,510.

11 Likes

Smooth Lynx

Small stylish coupe with LED lights, sunroof and 16’’ alloys, powerd by 1.1L 3 banger. Air goes from performance intake to trick exhaust so it sounds like it has trice the power :wink:
All for €15340.

12 Likes

Looks like a baby aston had a baby aston had a baby aston. :smiley:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Last 24 hours. Hurry up!

4 Likes