Fleet Challenge 1: Mafia, Archana 1990 [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED; JUDGING IN PROGRESS]

I see where this comes from :smirk:… Thema 8.32, right?

So…are we now on the extended deadline or not?

Yes.

oh yeah, it’s her alright. didn’t wanna make the usual benz or bmw, so i decided to make this italian beauty instead :wink:

Trafford Azura R

Coachbuilt in Hetvesia, fit for a Monarch.

Trafford prides itself on one thing, and one thing only: the fact that since 1909 we have built nothing except the finest of the finest, upper echelon, cream of the crop of motor vehicles. We pride ourselves on staying true to tradition while also driving to innovate and explore more and more and more. The all-new Azura follows in those very steps, and aims to project Trafford into the future, though remaining true to its roots.

A great automobile begins with a great powerplant. While performance never was our main consideration, the Azura is fitted with our biggest, smoothest of the smoothest, 6.75l V12 engine, capable of putting out 406 refined, plain sailing horsepower. While in past days, 4 large carburetors would have been dumping petrol in this powerplant, our all-new Computerized Multi Point Fuel Injection delivers the exact amount of fuel needed at exactly the right time, for smooth, easy power and 305 km/h top speed, at which it is as relaxing as going 105.

A 4-speed advanced automatic transmission has been chosen as a comfortable and refined choice for the engine with which it is paired, 4-seat interior to guarantee maximum comfort for you, who will be sitting in the rear, chauffeured around (a 3 seater model is also available), with the highest of craftmanship reserved for the inside. Mahogany wood throughout all of the vehicle, and cowhide seats only from Black Angus and Brahman cows (though Crocodile leather is available from our “Trafford Unique Works” catalogue.

With our first dealership in Archana opening later this year, it will give access to a new market, hopefully they will be fascinated by what almost a hundred years of craftmanship can offer.

totally not a rolls royce silver spirit
6 Likes

Here are my other three entries. First up is the…

'91 SVP Starcrow Turbo

A nippy compact 2+2 sports coupe proposed as a Scout/Courier for the Dalluhan Mafia, starting from just $15k AMU.

Next is the…

'91 WM Wolfclaw V12 6.0

Intended to be the Youngbloods’ Wares Runner, this 2-seater V12-powered grand tourer strikes a balance between sportiness, drivability, comfort, and prestige.

And last but not least:

'91 SVM Ibex 4.0 Cargo Van

This is meant to be the Old Guard’s Cargo Schlepper, with enough load space, cargo capacity, and off-road capability for their heavy-duty hauling needs.

5 Likes

Switching back to stable to enter here is difficult and annoying, why should I do that?

BECAUSE I WILL DO THE CO-HOSTING

That means Primus Globus will not enter BUT hunt you!
Police General Nikolai Chevchenko makes no prisoners and his 1988 Primus Imperator 550X will test your entries REALLY HARD. Make sure you built cars that are good enough to escape.

5 Likes

Co-hosting FC1 might be difficult if you won’t use Stable. But contributing visuals, I’d welcome that.

Yep, that is the plan. It won’t be a second CSCS to Not Mix it all Up, but some visual candy might be the result, depending on the Stories I get.

Due partly to technical difficulties running both versions, I would like people’s opinions on switching to the Open Beta, with an extension:

• Keep current deadline (10/22) and Stable.
  • Extend deadline by a week, have everyone resubmit in Open Beta.
  • Extend deadline by more than a week, switch to OB.

0 voters

LITTORIA OLYMPIA V8 "SPECIALE"
It doesn't get more special than this

This is a new wave. Like the 80s fever dream it is, a Depeche Mode song on 4 wheels, it's stylishly retro, almost nostalgic, yet projected towards the future. It's a battle against tradition, against a market that has never been Littoria's strong suit, the market of super cars, dominated by makes such as Beghelli, the best of the best. While it may not have been a track demon, it sure could make up for the lack of track pedigree, with everything else. A first ever for Littoria, able to chip away even at Beghelli's market.

Light and simple, made out of a fibreglass shell and a corrosion-resistant monocoque chassis, almost directly derived from Littoria’s rally prototypes in GR.X. Under the rear glass, a 3.5L V8, but mind you, it is not the Beghelli Corsacorta found in the Iulia, it’s directly taken from the GT-Class Iulia R, mildly detuned for street use, and placed in the Olympia, the Littoria G8-R. A dual overhead cam aluminum V8, with two large turbines, pushing out 421 horse-power, about the same as Beghelli’s V12s at the time at half the price, but it did not sound like a Fruinian V8 at all. Because of the cross-plane crankshaft, the sound could only be described as “brash, rowdy and completely unkempt” reminding you more of a Gasmean muscle car than a refined Fruinian supercar.

The Olympia Speciale differs from the regular Olympia, as it is meant to celebrate Littoria’s victories in motorsports. Different wheels, racing stripes, badging, and interior details complement this. Speaking of interior, it is on a whole another level compared to the competition, truly showing the fact that, you can put as much white cloth you want, you can’t cover the racecar underneath. Push-start ignition (with key beforehand of course), ergonomic steering wheel, gated manual gearbox, electronic dashboard, but also…comfy leather seats? Radio as standard and air conditioning? (Beghellis don’t have that!), a soft, easy to use clutch? This truly shows the dichotomy between racecar and cruiser that is prevalent within this car.

Littoria Olympia: Semplicemente, non c’è nulla di meglio.

5 Likes

Introducing the 1991 Rhania Derogator Pináculo!

Looks like a 355 from the front with 405-like taillights (albeit more rounded) at the rear, and with an Alitalia-like livery, but with the construction and engine similar to the Esprit V8 of five years later (albeit with a cross-plane crank), combined with more creature comforts than you’d expect from a car like this. I could imagine it being adapted for competition duty when the BPR Series rolls around in '94…

Ok, it’s nearly 50/50. To the slight majority against: do you have strong concerns (grumbling-grade) or major objections (veto-grade) to going ahead with it? An extension (maybe a different duration?) and resubmitting for Open Beta.

It’s a bit of a ‘grumble grumble this challenge’s been on for quite some time now’ but no big deal really.

1 Like

yeah, it was a bit of a mix between them all. the engine is basically a cross plane esprit engine, while the livery colors are inspired from the Alitalia Lancia Stratos (since Littoria is supposed to be kind of like Lancia and Maserati mixed)

Well, no matter what the decision will be in the end, I would appreciate a rather quick one considering that the deadline is rather close, so I know if I should send in my cars rapidly before the deadline exceeds, or rework them.

Given various other circumstances, including some emergency travel I have to do, the extension won’t have much of an effect on the overall timeline.

For that and other reasons, I’m declaring an extension of one week, and a request for everyone who’s submitted to rework them for Open Beta.

5 Likes

At least in this challenge there is a host constantly available so you can be sure that it WILL start one day…

i’d ask that you consider staying on stable, since it basically means starting from the beginning with engineering - for three cars in my case - and probably ending up with entirely different stats from our earlier submissions.

2 Likes