Fluxon Automotive Museum

I always wanted to make a sort of a museum thing, it will be like a project, I will post here my cars of course and tell their story, brand lore/just the car lore, a deep insight into the design and I will also share the files, it will depend alot too!
This will also serve to put my knowledge of HTML here, and well, I do accept a nice criticism and feedback, and let’s also try to keep this a minimum and clean too.
Cheers, Supra.

Brand Lore:

• Quadrant: It’s an Australian brand based in Queensland, it builds cars, boats and planes, on the car sector it makes sporty/super cars or even hypercars, it also has some italian heritage with some mix match of Australian powerness and wildness, you can also find some McLaren-esce or Lamborghini design language, the cars are mostly focused on simplicity and on the driver.

• Malaxa: A based Romanian brand with the focus of building everyday cars to the most agressive beasts you see in the road, mostly resembles BMW’s design philosophy, it’s brand identety is… quite confidant and built to last! Since one of the early prototypes for the rally season just drove with one wheel to the finish line, we can say that with this brand eveything is possible and hope is also there.

1 Like

The building of the upcoming Quadrant Thylacine 2023

Why did I built it?

All of this started 2 years ago, or even 3! It all started as a small car and one that would end competing with Galactis Elysium (fun fact, I’m the full designer of that car!) and some Sunburst Shenanigan, I mostly wanted to focus on those two because I was, first at Sunburst and then at Galactis so for me it made perfectly sense. But firstly I will present you… the first two iterations, under Malaxa.

Malaxa Code: Excelon

The car Lost in Time

It all started under Malaxa, back when all my cars would be under the Malaxa Banner. There isn't to much to shown but we can see the front fascia is quite simple, nothing rich, meanwhile I wanted for the headlights to be double circles, just like the Alpine, so all of it started as a base fo the Alpine A110. Meanwhile, it came with an 2.0L inline 4 turbo, and would be fitted with an electric engine at the front, with the objective of hitting 440hp.

With the following changes, some design elements did continue into the bigger version, the rear was heavely idealised by some McLaren cars and the diffuser and such was by the Huracan. While it was more agressive design wise and possibly better, by this time it had an interior, with the plans of keeping it simple and very driver friendly. Sadly I don't have pictures of the interior.

Both car files we’re lost with time, could’ve been a crazy project back then, but that’s it.

Furuya SSX

Short lived

This unique japanese model was built from the ground up, it had a 4L V6 TT pushing 600hp, with the inclusion of an AWD system. While I wanted it to have an electric motor at the front, the source code I had was broken in BeamNG, so the ideia was ditched, but later on I and Wollank did fix it up some bits of it.

Photo Gallery - Furuya SSX

The front is heavely reiminiscent of the older model, as we can see by the headlights, the front bumper has some McLaren desiging queues.

The side was slighty redesigned, adding a top vent and some contour to the side skirts, nothing crazy here

The tailights and vents ideas mostly came from the Audi R8. The designing aproach of the rest, as the diffuser and the exhaust of course, did indeed come from a photo of a white car, that it does look like a Mercedez, it’s one of the default slideshows in the game.

As I said in the original post, I am quite saddened that this project didn't go as planned, yet it lacked so many things, including an interior, I hope someday I will revise the ideia of a japanese supercar, or that someone else picks the work where I left off...

Quadrant SX62N

It was so close

By this time, I’ve decided to add this project under my Australian brand, and the brand phylosophy is to keep it simple while having crazy tech under the hood. So basically, went full blown out with a 6.2L Pushord V8 Naturally aspirated, pushing 460hp and 640nm, coupled to a 7 speed DCT and the year set in 2023. While the specs sound good to be true, it lacked pure peformance. While I did add an electric engine into this, still didn’t felt good enough, but design wise, it was perfect.

Photo Gallery - Quadrant SX62N/H

Here at the front I’ve decided to go a bit more agressive styling with it, I did want to try something new too. Meanwhile, if you look closely to the hood and the side profile of the car, still keeps up with some changes while having same design elements as the Furuya SSX.

If you look more down under the side profile, we can see that it has some “body” lines, so I’ve decided to go with a McLaren 720s lower side profile, because It was looking quite great, but it also made a bit of sense, after all it’s a McLaren-esque body.

As I said earlier when explaining the front, I wanted to try something more agressive as you can see by the diffuser here. Now if we look closely at the tailights, I did want to made a 3D effect, while giving some retro vibes! Plus as a bonus, the Quadrant logo does light up as you go in reverse.

Onto the interior we can see that it’s really really simple, it’s something I wanted to still keep up as the Excelon V2. While you see brown clusters floating, I wanted to make them feel like a fighterjet cluster and also feel… like a hologram!

This one still has potential to be launched on BeamNG, but I do have to redesign some parts, and as someone said, "a Lotus-like side profile with an engine reminiscent of the C8 Stingray seem like a match made in heaven - abg7", and with that I decided to continue with this formula onto the next car... MEET THE THYLACINE

Quadrant Thylacine

The last stand of Quadrant Australia

The Quadrant Thylacine is the final version, is what I’ve envisioned the whole time, since I started working on it, I can happily and confidentely say that it’s the best car I ever made until now.
Spec-wise the car comes with an 6.2L V8 Pushrod Naturally Aspirated pushing 440hp and 580nm, while being in low power figures than the SX62N/H, it’s defitnely more refined, more faster, while still being more heavier than it (Thylacine weights 1520kg (not dry)), and also coupled to a 8 speed DCT. Mission complete with that.

Photo Gallery - Quadrant Thylacine

The interior is still the same as the old one, mostly the dash location and floor, the rest is all made up from scratch, still continuing the interior ethos of being simple and driver focused, same as the SX62N. While at that, no you have a place to put your phone on, the stand on the middle console, and lower down space it’s up for the person! It also has a cup holder close to the dials.

Interior shot 1

Interior shot 2

Honestly speaking, when I started building this car, I didn’t look for any ideias, so I just… follow my vision.

Front end

I wanted to make the roof top have some aerodynamic lines.

Top end

A more agressive rear end and still the quadrant logo lighting up.
Rear End

So as you read along, this is, of course, the final model, I won't be working more on it, only making trims if I feel too, but honestly speaking wouldn't hurt having a convertible or a more agressive version.

5 Likes

Honestly, you have a very above-average understanding of Automation Car Design compared to a lot of people here. It’s really hard to make a sleek and modern design in Automation given how car design works in the game.

That’s why most people end up more comfortable making cars from generally the late 20th century (70’s 80’s and 90’s). This is because there are a lot more vanilla Automation features that are from that era, and they translate better to their corresponding bodies and fixtures when compared to the vanilla modern fixtures and bodies.

So yeah, anyways, big respect for making these. They look really good! I’m not sure if you still make Automation cars, or how old these cars depicted here are, but keep it up none the less!

3 Likes

Personally, I find it a lot easier to make modern cars in Automation because of how modular the MMDHL lights are compared to the single fixtures.

1 Like

@Ostan5000 - Well first off, thank you I do appreciate the support! Secondly, making modern cars is very hard indeed, it takes patience, effort and of course some branin fiddling, nonetheless, what are seen about the building of Quadrant Kyros, is a follow up of will come next! So tecnically yes I am still here time to time.

@Ermie4594 I’d would say the same 3 years ago, but as with time and if you put the eye to certain things in the game, you can use anything for any shape! So, you have to flow with the flow if that does make sense.

2 Likes

The Furuya isn’t a bad design by any stretch - but it looks like a first draft of what I hope will be a more fleshed out and detailed design, inside and out. A 4.0L V6 isn’t the best choice for a supercar, though, even if it has a smoother 60-degree bank angle and twin turbos helping it pump out 600 horsepower (or more).

The Quadrant is an improvement, though - a Lotus-like side profile with an engine reminiscent of the C8 Stingray seem like a match made in heaven, and indeed they are. There’s even some potential for further development with a more highly tuned variant of that engine.

You know what they say, there’s always a room for improvement! Back when I was working on the SX62N I was planning doing a single turbo + supercharger setup and top it up with an hybrid system… with the upcoming update of the SX62N, it will be it’s final version and a name change.

The Furuya is, well, on hold, I will keep it’s japanese heritage, but the design will definitely change alot! Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

→ Cronological History of the Car ←

Quadrant Thylacine 2024

Technologically advanced yet plain and simple

When you think of Australia, what comes to mind? Is it the fearsome Huntsman spiders, the massive snakes, or the saltwater crocodiles? Or perhaps it’s the Thylacine, an extinct animal that once roamed the land, the Land Down Under is home to a diverse array of unique and fascinating creatures, each with its own intriguing story to tell, this is no other.

Get ready to unleash your inner predator on the open road with this sleek, aerodynamic mid-engine sports car. With a Rear Wheel Drive system and a powerful 6.2L Push-rod Naturally Aspirated engine producing 444hp and 580nm of torque, this beast is capable of accelerating from 0-100kmh in just 3 seconds flat. And with a top speed of 367kmh, you’ll be leaving the competition in the dust. But don’t let its impressive performance fool you - this car is more than just a speed demon. Weighing in at 1564kg, it’s a precision-crafted machine that’s been carefully designed to deliver a driving experience unlike any other. So why settle for an ‘unbloated boat’ when you can own the road in this exceptional supercar?

At Quadrant Straya, it’s always game on.

Colors and specificatios

EngineTransmission 6.2L Pushord V8 - 8 Speed DCT by Quadrant
Aspiration Twin Roots Twisted
Power Figures 500hp/620nm
Weight 1545kg / 40/50 WD
Tyres and Wheels F245mm/R325mm / SF18/SR19 / Semi Slick
Starting Price $180k up to $300k in specs and custom configs

Avalaible Colors - Interior Colors

Material: A - Alcantra Only / L - Leather Only / AL - both
We also offer two options for the interior trimming: Carbon or Pure Metal.

Brown - L
Black - AL
White - AL
Red - AL

Avalaible Colors - Exterior

Australian Racing Green
Radical Red
Pastel Grey
Onyx Black
Surfers Blue
Soyelle
Canyon Orange

Download Link

https://www.beamng.com/resources/quadrant-thylacine.32349/
5 Likes

If the Australians made a C8, the Thylacine would be it. Could be lighter, though. And where’s the link? There’s supposed to be one, but I can’t find it anywhere. Still, it’s your best work yet.

Thanks! It will be out soon, just needs some handling refining

The car is out now! Go check it out!

1 Like