Ford Duratec 20

Here is my 2008 Ford Focus engine, The Ford Duratec 20

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6884/eyzu.jpg

If you think you can make it actually hit it’s 140 HP @ 6000 and 136 Ft-Lb @ 4250 Please go ahead. The compression, bore, stroke, all bottom pieces, Cam VVT, DOHC, 16 Valve are all correct same with year. you can play around with the timing, cam profile, and fuel mixture to see what you can get
Ford Duratec 20Rev0.lua (41.5 KB)

Sort of cheating with the direct injection, no? :wink:

Got a Focus myself, except with the Duratec 2.3L PZEV. Here’s my take on it, but like you I can’t get the RPM correct.

Ford Duratec 23ERev0.lua (42.1 KB)

And a gratuitous shot of the beast in action, just for the hell of it. :mrgreen:

Inno I mean the Duratec 20 is a SEFI which means it has injection into each cyclinder… sounds like Direct Inject to me

Overall I am very happy with the engine, I want to try and model more of my engines like this, pretty good HP and economy, at least as a driver of this engine I like it.

Sequential EFI just means that there is an injector in each intake manifold runner, one for each cylinder. It doesn’t mean that the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber through the cylinder head. The Focus didn’t get direct injection until the third gen arrived in 2011.

[quote=“oppositelock”]

Sequential EFI just means that there is an injector in each intake manifold runner, one for each cylinder. It doesn’t mean that the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber through the cylinder head. The Focus didn’t get direct injection until the third gen arrived in 2011.[/quote]

So should I put a Single Injection in? I do not know which one to put in at all

You’ll want to use Multi Point EFI for this engine.

Here it is with Multi Point EFI… Runs more HP and TorqueFord Duratec 20Rev1.lua (41.5 KB)